Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The FFXIV Thread - For Winners... on Adamantoise

Comments

• I haven't done ff. But I can relate as I used to tank EQ. Not sure if its the same... Puller gets agro, come back to camp, tank grabs agro from puller, mages/druid etc.. dot and aoe, healers heal... And right before mob dies puller grabs another mob so that there's continuous action... The best part is when, as the tank, I can actually solo an area albeit slowly 1 mob at a time, so puller is pulling non-stop and forgets about pops and suddenly the whole zone is on the camp. You do the best you can to keep all agro so the rest of your party can flee.. manage to keep 95% and people don't run no matter how many times you tell them to. I'm the tank, I expect to die before anyone and will willingly sacrifice myself for the party but they are tards and instead of regrouping and res'n one member (me) we all end up running back to the camp naked. Idiots. You gotta listen to the tank. He's keeping track of the damage on him and yes I can handle 4-5 mobs and we have a better than 70% chance of survival, if done right... Snares, dots, off tanking etc.., but when we know we are overmatched.... DO NOT LET US DIE IN VAIN..
  • edited October 2013
    Yeah, it's similar in many respects, but tank is expected to get aggro from the start.

Just watched a special Playstation montage video released by Sony. Sent chills down my spine - So many good memories:

• So tank pulls mob too? Dam... Days of SK feigning death as a puller were the best lol
  • edited October 2013
    Tank pulls pretty much everything, and is expected to keep aggro too for the duration of the fight, lol.
  • Yeah, it's similar in many respects, but tank is expected to get aggro from the start.
    I want to know who can keep white carpet looking that good for that long, seriously O.o
  • Tank pulls pretty much everything, and is expected to keep aggro too for the duration of the fight, lol.
    its not hard once you know how, communicating with the healer and DDs makes this job so much easier too. Its more or less impossible to not ever lose aggro, gaining it back quickly is what matters though.
  • boss fights aren't all designed to be so easy that adds will never go for healers/dps. that wouldn't be a challenge now would it?

in most fights if you steal agro from the tank then you would run to the tank and allow him to regain. most people will panic and run away which only causes more problems.
  • edited October 2013
    Yup, I've lost count of the number of times I've seen the boss/enemies turn around and randomly target DPS/Healer for no reason, with full aggro on me.
  • Yup, I've lost count of the number of times I've seen the boss/enemies turn around and randomly target DPS/Healer for no reason, with full aggro on me.
    thats random aggro, there isnt anything you can do about it, its all part of the fight.
  • Yup, I've lost count of the number of times I've seen the boss/enemies turn around and randomly target DPS/Healer for no reason, with full aggro on me.
    you realize you have an aggro bar over your name right? as does everyone else. They sometimes have to keep track of it aswell as you.
  • Yea, its up to dps/healers to manage their aggro as well. Depending on gear at end game tanks aren't able to keep aggro with dps/heals going full out.
  • Pretty much. Doing AK or WP on my bard, I'll have things on me constantly, usually at least one mob per pull, often the entire pack if I'm with some random pug tank.

It's even worse when I'm playing white mage. 2 or 3 Holy casts and the entire pull is ready to murder me.
  • ive never tanked before

wouldnt mind trying it out one day
  • I have tanked, dps, and healed. Healing is my favorite because you never backtalk the healer -_- I have ruined so many gat damned groups because of shit talkers... Or I just not heal the person talking shit until he apologizes to me.

either or, I get my way :)
    you realize you have an aggro bar over your name right? as does everyone else. They sometimes have to keep track of it aswell as you.
    Yeah, I keep an eye on it while maintaining aggro,, then use Provoke/Flash/Savage Blade etc as needed. I just find it annoying when the other 3 party members hardly have any aggro and the enemy just flies off and randomly targets Healer or someone else, lol. When that's not happening, it's equally amazing how many Healers and DPS are surprised when the enemy targets them after they decided to spam restorative and magic attacks. :/
  • an you forget the part sky about blameing the tank for losing aggro when all they do is spam the heals
  • edited October 2013
    I have tanked, dps, and healed. Healing is my favorite because you never backtalk the healer -_- I have ruined so many gat damned groups because of shit talkers... Or I just not heal the person talking shit until he apologizes to me.

ive done the same thing while healing. dps usually qqing that i didnt heal them while they stood in the AOE effect that killed them. My #1 priority is to keep the tank up, if he is undergeared then I may need to focus more on him but don't blame your mistakes on my lack of heals.

tanks are the most in demand role and they probably take the majority of the raid whenever there is a problem.

it is usually their responsiblity to guide the group through a raid or direct a boss fight. thats why I never bothered because most raids I was unaware of the route at first etc.
  • I have tanked, dps, and healed. Healing is my favorite because you never backtalk the healer -_- I have ruined so many gat damned groups because of shit talkers... Or I just not heal the person talking shit until he apologizes to me.

ive done the same thing while healing. dps usually qqing that i didnt heal them while they stood in the AOE effect that killed them. My #1 priority is to keep the tank up, if he is undergeared then I may need to focus more on him but don't blame your mistakes on my lack of heals.

tanks are the most in demand role and they probably take the majority of the raid whenever there is a problem.

it is usually their responsiblity to guide the group through a raid or direct a boss fight. thats why I never bothered because most raids I was unaware of the route at first etc.
    I know what you mean, I hate getting stuck with a newb tank who doesn't know where to go. It's pretty embarrassing being navigated around by the healer IMO lol. But yeah, I like my AOE heals the most, makes my job by far the easiest, UNLESS the tank is under geared.
  • an you forget the part sky about blameing the tank for losing aggro when all they do is spam the heals
    Ah yes, that too, lol. They're also quick to think that I'm blaming them if I die. With the Stone Vigil dungeon yesterday, I finally completed it on my fifth attempt - First 3x, Healer quit at 1st boss when I died without saying anything. Then DPS lagged out, and on fifth, I finally had a Healer that knew what she was doing.
  • wheres the cheapest to get this FFXIV game online?
  • eBay is probably your best bet. Bought both the PS3 and PC version there.
    Yeah, I keep an eye on it while maintaining aggro,, then use Provoke/Flash/Savage Blade etc as needed. I just find it annoying when the other 3 party members hardly have any aggro and the enemy just flies off and randomly targets Healer or someone else, lol. When that's not happening, it's equally amazing how many Healers and DPS are surprised when the enemy targets them after they decided to spam restorative and magic attacks. :/
    like i said in boss fights the random aggro is just that, its part of the fight, anyone who blames you for it is a crayon eating tard. Tell them to learn the fight before they QQ
  • Lol, I think I'll start doing that.
  • playing this now

invite to guild plz
  • Alright, I've been looking into the FFXIV, and I will be getting the game, however which is preferred, PS or PC version? I don't want to have to upgrade my comp if I can just get it for my PS. Preferences or suggestions?
  • I have played both on PS and on PC, PS has some issues loadin some of the bigger fates as people will zerg it (ie odin, behemoth) and their is hate towards the PS version of the game as people will say they do not want you in party etc as they think that people who have a pc version are superior due to targeting etc. Also their is some delay with the aoes it seems so its better to move sooner than you would on the PC version

Personally its not that difficult to target on the PS version the dpad is excellent for switching targets left right for monsters up down for party, so its not to bad.

Pc overall does run better however on some fates targeting is a little easier and their isn't as much hate of course.

If I had to say preferences just because of ease of movement and all I do prefer PC but I do love my playstation version as well (plus you get a free upgrade to a ps4 version which probably will be on par with pc) both are good versions and you can macro your way around some of the faults of the ps3, also some of the fates i mentioned the pc people struggle with to so meh
  • Wow, id figure since its on PS that it would have run smoother then a PC. I checked the specs for PC though and mine is more then appropriate, ill be going that route. I got tired of wow ages ago, time for some new blood. I was trying to find the different classes like dps, healer, or tank and I couldn't find it, anyone care to share a link? I'll more then likely choose a healer but yet to be determined.
  • Rohan, please dont buy it. Thanks
  • I usually use the PS3 version for dungeons and going through the main story, whilst the PC one for grinding and doing the more mediocre things (While at "work").
  • Rohan, please dont buy it. Thanks
    and why do I get the privilege to be graced with your bullshit today lynoob?