Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The FFXIV Thread - For Winners... on Adamantoise

edited October 2013 in General
FF14 thread niggaz

Flazer, find out where i get the cactuar person that follows me around.

Next person to complain about my keyboard gets stabbed in the neck

Comments

• Oh yeh, we need to decide what server to move to when we can. Think a few of us are on Anima for now but its a jap server.
  • i'm on adamantoise atm on na
  • The cactuar cutting pet is from one of those desert zones. I don't remember which though :(

I didn't see the quest available until I was level 50 but I'm not sure if that's required or not.

I'm on Hyperion atm.
  • Level 50 ?! :))
  • its not that hard qwj...especially if you grind fates have a decent party for dungeons me and wife are getting pretty close now lol
  • Crazy bastards.

Should get in mumble with us.
  • ya i shall atleas ti hope for free transfers coming up XD get the whole team together would be fun shit
  • i'm pro mmo nerd :(
  • lolz meadows....

Those fates be to op
  • I'm on Anima, but I'm a noob at level 10.

http://mumble.jwjacobs88.com
  • edited September 2013
    Faerie with a few people
  • moved to Famfrit after the maintenance with xel and sci, so if anyone is interested say so
  • I'm on Anima, but I'm a noob at level 10.

http://mumble.jwjacobs88.com
    Newbs like me are level 0.

• Pros like me stay at level 0. It's what the cool kids do.
  • Could someone tell me how this game succeeds where ff11 failed? I honestly can't believe Square is trying this shit again.
  • Could someone tell me how this game succeeds where ff11 failed? I honestly can't believe Square is trying this shit again.
    "In June 2012, Square Enix president Yoichi Wada announced that Final Fantasy XI had become the most profitable title in the Final Fantasy series."

FF11 didnt actually fail. Didnt compete with WoW but then what did.

Despite the dodgy launch due to unexpected player numbers it seems to be doing well, shitloads more players than expected and its fun to play.
    if at first you don't succeed, fail fail again
  • 11 was a great game with a huge player base. What world are you living in?
  • o-o what are you talking about? 11 is still going strong...just got a new expansion not to long ago.

version 1 of 14 failed. Reborn is an amazing mmo imo
  • It's alright. It's lacking a lot of features.

Item management is terrible. Everything from storing items, to sharing item stats, etc. All recent advancements in ideas on that front are missing. It's like trying to sort your items and stash in Diablo II, but split that into 10 tiny windows.

Trying to decide if a piece of gear is better than what you have/have on is also rubbish.

The voice acting is terrible. The cutscenes are mostly boring and filled with trivial dialog that you can't skip.

The town layouts are SHIT. Complete shit. They tried to make it easy to move around a large city, but you're stuck with names that don't match up and vague points you can move around to.

The minimap is GOD AWFUL. It's almost impossible to coordinate with friends. Or even tell what is around you/where you are.

There's more, but those are my biggest griefs with the game so far.

• you don't enjoy the roleplay dialog and care deeply for the concerns of every npc??????????????
  • Pretty sure I have skipped every cut scene I have had sci.

• havent skipped the noise you make
  • No digital download? Is this the 90s?
  • I honesty think its a blast. I have had no problem with items towns or any of that. Room for improvement sure but its not causing any headaches or grief for me.

the cut scenes are all translated from Japanese so there is the reason behind them being terrible.

Sci u jus ah big duhmmy.

/fanboy rant
  • No digital download? Is this the 90s?
    They stopped digital downloads when the servers became flooded. They were not prepared for the amount of players they would have.
  • You ever play SWTOR Dognub? I think the only reason I played that game was cause every character was voice-acted. Probably explains why the game was way over budget, but as a consumer I don't mind. :D
  • Doubt I'll be playing the new round of SK. FFXIV taking up too much time now. Just started a few days ago.
  • what server etc you on sky?
  • Ye I stopped caring about sk so much. I think my kd has like 200 million on it anymore, don't even care :P