Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Proposal for new "terms" for Defence out needs expansion..

Comments

• ah, that clears it up, as long as an anti turtle keeps it 1v1 its ok.

wait...what?
  • IMMA GO 9K GOONS EXITING AND IF I 4X SMASH RANK 1 WE ONLY DO 1V1 AGAINST EACH OTHER NO ONE INTERFERE!!
  • Didnt even notice that part. My bad for giving a legit response, Blood is a moron.
  • i mean one hit to one hit. kinda like. you got me, i got you. lets call it a day
  • wtf you guys. lol. Some things your arguing are just dumb. If someone is an Anti Turtle and rolls people that hit him back big deal. As long as its a 1v1 thing. But when the AT starts problems. kill him. Im not saying protect the guy because he is a threat to the world and should be killed. I am saying protect him so he can build the defense back up that he needs to not be a damn AT. If there are problems. KT him. But when the KD is trying to recover and is AT... there is almost nothing to be done.
    will you just stfu, dont build the shitty kds in the first place, problem solved dont post your silly fucking idiotic idea nomore. nobody agrees with it and nobody ever will
  • How about you guys continue to argue and I continue to do whatever the hell I want? Since I am actually ALing this round I think my idea will work.
  • If we need a new definition, then it is better to use defense points per land.

The advantage of defense points per land is:
    - defense points per land already describes the offensive points versus defensive points ratio.
    - defense points per land will be static through the whole game. You no longer have to ask in the alliance channel, how much is safe defense? Because when you have certain defense points per land, it will be safe.

A regular kingdom has about:
    - 25% residences and star mines.
    - 15% power plants.
    - 10% training camps.
    - 40% barracks and airsupport bases.
    - 10% probe factories.

These values may change, but having the above percentages results in a good game.

From these given information, a regular kingdom should have atleast 50% of the units into defenses. When we use 400 land, 160 land is used for barracks and air support bases. 50% of these barracks, 80 barracks should be used for defensive units.
    80 x 75 x laser dragoon defense = 30,000 defense points on 400 land. The result in defense points per land is 75. So any kingdom should have atleast 75 defense points per land, to be normal defended.

You will have good defense when atleast 65% of your barracks are used for defensive units. When we use 400 land, 160 land is used for barracks and air support bases. 65% of these barracks, 104 barracks should be used for defensive units.
    104 x 75 x laser dragoon defense = 39000 defense points on 400 land. The result in defense points per land is 97.5 So any kingdom with atleast 97.5 defense points per land is well defended.

Turtles will likely have atleast 85% of their barracks used for defensive units. Using the same calculations it results into 57375 defense points on 400 land, so 143+ points per land.

Anti turtles will have mostlikely no defense, let's say 25%. This results into 16875 defensive points on 400 land, thus 42 defense points per land.

At the end we will have a table like

>125 defense points per land : not worth to hit : turtle
    100<>125 defense points per land: not worth to hit: well defended
    75<>100 defense points per land: normal defended
    50<>75 defense points per land: worth to hit: underdefended
    25<>50 defense points per land: easy to hit: anti turtle or way under defended
    <25: just grab: suicider

I think something like this, would be a lot easier to remember and to verify.</blockquote>

If I understood this right. I like this. This is what I am talking about.
  • TL;DR most of it.

But needed DPL is not static, and it differs a lot between top KDs and lower ranked ones.
  • This thread is complete worthless garbage. If you build a kd that is easy to hit don't cry and change the rules. Build a solid kd or shut up.
  • Man are you not getting the point? An anti turtle hit down to under 1000 land to where his defense matches his KD is still considered a Suicider even with all his defense home. And he was open as a 3k land KD and at 1k land he should be no longer open and being protected till he can recover his KD. now if he goes out for revenge and causes more problems. KT him. Dont protect him.

The stupidity here is mind numbing! How is it not clicking? Yes a Anti Turtle build is a crap KD full of win. But when the KD gets banged down to where he should be. He will have to disband his military anyways to stay alive, Or recover. Its like if somehow a KD managed at 250 land to build up 2k tank defense and about 10k goons. Everyone thinks he is a free land grab. When his 2k tanks are home he is fine.

Your all missing the point and throwing up your "im a phail " flag. Put down the keyboard before you hurt yourself.
  • If your kd has low enough defense that a few hits makes you free land then that is your fault. We don't need to make rules to protect you. Anti turtles know they are going to get hit often and should have at least enough defense to keep them from becoming free land. Anti turtle is a risk. Just like going powerless or res/rax less. If it was easy to do it and live then everyone would do it. If you do it wrong and die then don't come in there crying for the game rules to change to help you survive.
  • even if your kd at 1k land has the same defense as other kds at 1k land you have enough offense to beable to break yourself like 10x over by then. What player on this game is guna start making defense after taking so many hits? answer to that is NONE hence why they are still hit after it. Please stop talking your utter crap in here its annoying absolutely everyone and not one single person agrees with anything you say. Stop spamming the forum you cocksucking prick i hope you fall over and break your nose you annoying little twat
  • If you anti turtle and you get hit a few times it is game over.

That's the rule.
  • I understand the low enough def that 2-3 hits make u anti-turtle. But what about getting hit 9x times in 12hrs, and then being declared Anti-turtle?
  • Question: why were you hit 9x in 12 hours?
  • I understand the low enough def that 2-3 hits make u anti-turtle. But what about getting hit 9x times in 12hrs, and then being declared Anti-turtle?
    Obviously you suck if you get hit 9x in a row and are going to die.
  • Game over period. I am glad you guys where not around at the beginning of the game. There would be no rules. No one would keep playing.

Lynog its a game. dont be so butt hurt.

Your still being dumb about it. Even if you can break yourself 10times. as long as your defense is good for your land you should be fine. Anti turtles get hit. Yeah. but they are not free land. they are open. open KDs can get hit 3 times before protection is needed. but I got hit 30 times the first day. 10 more times after that. and then my KD died. It happens. But it shouldn't. So I will prolly quit again when this rule is accepted. But not before then ;)
  • Because people talk. People need hits when its a smaller game. 9x in a day is common even for a decent KD. Right after a hit.
  • Wow, I played 2 games ago without much effort and wasn't getting hit at all, let alone 9x a day.

Has the game changed so much.
  • edited November 2011
    Because people talk. People need hits when its a smaller game. 9x in a day is common even for a decent KD. Right after a hit.
    No it isn't.
  • You sure you werent maybe just a bit ajar ? :-))
  • The people in my old sector where getting hit that often. I didnt get hit at all till the end. When my KD leaned towards anti turtle more then turtle. I seen a few KDs hit about 4 times a day on average. Then a day with nothing. Then hits again.
  • maybe a bit unclosed.
    Obviously you suck if you get hit 9x in a row and are going to die.
    You made no sense there at all...as usual. Yes he has alot of offence, but he could at the time when u guys decided to KT him could only break himself one time. Once again another guy that plays by the rules until he has a chance to break them and take advantage of them.
  • edited November 2011
    The rules were created to protect new players. I think people are forgetting that aspect of the game. Someone who is only building offense, can break themselves 2-3x over, and is hitting KD's their size or larger is obviously not a new player and is looking to do as much damage as possible. They are suicided because they have little defense and large offense, in this case the rule is 66% offense to 33% defense. Protecting someone who is on a suicidal rampage with not nearly enough defense to defend what land they have is stupid and they should be treated as such. In the end these anti-turtles are an unnecessary threat that is hazardous to everyone which is why they need to be put down before they cause more trouble.

EDIT: I will say no more on the subject and will let my actions speak for themselves.
  • Once again..since ur to dumb to understand. Before u guys decided to KT him for having enough offence to break YOU he could only break himself one time. Kinda ironic that he gets enough offence to break you, and u declare him KT
  • Oh, is that your logic? No wonder why your stuck thinking that.

If an anti turtle is banged so far down to nothing. Then his defense/land ratio is better (I wont count offensive units anymore.) Then he should be allowed to recover. That and not deemed a suicider. but an open KD and treated as such.
  • 2k lander 12 hours ago (2am SK time the 15th) gets rolled 3x by the same person and rolled by a few others. the SOM of the 2k lander is below.

The probes have come back with a report that is 100% accurate:

Home Leader War Leader #1 War Leader #2 War Leader #3 War Leader #4
    Status AVAILABLE (0) UNAVAILABLE (5) UNAVAILABLE (5) UNAVAILABLE (5) UNAVAILABLE (10)
    Soldiers 1,789 0 0 0 0
    Troopers 0 0 0 0 0
    Dragoons 234 116 97 81 12,611
    Laser Troopers 1,513 0 0 0 0
    Tanks 4,083 0 0 0 1,230

Now they want our guy who tapped the 2k lander to go powerless so he can be broke as a punishment.

I know my stance on this, but im gauging what the new age leadership has to say.

Discuss
    Anyone with that bad of D should be KT'd on sight. Yes anti-turtles are free land as over 66.6% offense to 33.3% defense is suicider.

76729 offensive points V 44590 defensive points. 76729/121319 = 65.7%

After 1 grab he would be considered a suicider and free land. His tanks out are considered offensive points not defensive because they are not home. This is IF we want to get all technical about it. As you can see after 1 grabs he could easily have over 66% offense out. These are the risks of being an anti-turtle so deal with it bad kids. Anyone stupid enough to defend that deserves to be killed as well.
  • But the fact that you guys hit him over and over again so that you could declare him Anti-turtle makes this rule void. You cant just smash some1 down until hes anti-turtle then say hes free land.