Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Proposal for new "terms" for Defence out needs expansion..

edited November 2011 in General
From what I understand there are 3 terms now?
Def out - Term used
0-33% - Safe
33-66% - Open
66%+ - Suicide

I saw someone on S2 saying someone had suicided, so I SoM and found he had 73.2% def out, while yes, this is a suicide, since there was over 66% defence out. but some defence was home, so without seeing the SoM some people could have hit and failed..

I propose we redefine the terms, to the following.

Def out - Term
0-33% - Ajar
33-50% - Open
50-66% - Wide Open
66-85% - Borderline
85+% - Suicide

Under these terms, he would not be Suicided, but would still be borderline.

This would allow alliances to define the level of hits allowed on the kingdom in question..

I think something like this..
Ajar & open, 2 hits allowed
Wide open & Borderline 3-5 hits
Suicide well they deserve what they get. it's open season on their arses!!

Comments

• Hazza you prove your stupidity yet again. Why differentiate between ajar and open if the hits allowed is the same?
    Complicating sh!t for no reason.
  • How about you just build defense until people stop hitting you?
  • The words Ajar & Open are different.

Yes Ajar can be open, but to walk through a door that's ajar you would have to push it open more, where if the door was open you wouldn't have to.
  • edited November 2011
    God you twats are over critical...Guy just had an idea,How about creative criticism instead of trolling with 0 intelligence?

I for one see no issue with the original defensive standards throughout a round...How about alliance leaders do there jobs and keep there members updated?
  • Sounds like work.

I don't like work.
  • edited November 2011
    Then dont officer u big noob :P

Defense is relative therefore its dictated by the offenses around us..You watch top sox thread and stay aware you stay defended...But some ppl need reminders so Sector leaders and alliance officers should keep them updated. Dont take all but 1 min of anyones time...

http://www-und.ida.liu.se/~andli382/skguide/menu.html

Its old but its strategies still apply. And theres many more like it that take seconds to post and answer most questions without having to ask..
  • HG why you so stupid?

The point is he has two different levels of being open, that both receive the same amount of hits. Whats the purpose od differentiating if theres no changes...
  • edited November 2011
    There's also 2 ways of calculating the amount of "defense home." If you all recall, Bean Lands SK Tools includes total military in its calculation where as the old school way was based on the amount of units that had defensive points.

Also don't forget that at sometimes someone may be open/borderline suicide then get hit a few times their som is going to change, sometimes even to make them look like they outright suicided if enough defense units are killed.

Just throwing that out there.

November 20, 10:04:00 Spy on Military The probes have come back with a report that is 99% accurate:

Home Leader War Leader #1 War Leader #2 War Leader #3 War Leader #4
    Status AVAILABLE (0) UNAVAILABLE (8) UNAVAILABLE (3) AVAILABLE (0) AVAILABLE (0)
    Soldiers 1,098 0 0 0 0
    Troopers 0 0 0 0 0
    Dragoons 7,797 3,693 3,729 0 0
    Fighters 0 0 0 0 0
    Laser Troopers 0 0 0 0 0
    Laser Dragoons 11,018 0 0 0 0
    Tanks 10,197 0 0 0 0

Military Statistics
    Total Military: 24,895
    Current Defense: 16,440 (18,084 w/ Max Shields)
    Defense Rating: 66.04% (0-34% = Suicide, 35-70% = Fair Grab)
    All numbers displayed are in Tanks Worth at the time of the SOM
    and do not take into account the SOM's accuracy, sector state, planet types, research or shields
  • we cant allow people to start sending 84% of their military out and assume protection after 3 hits.
  • How about alliances don't back up anti turtles and we don't have this problem.Everyone already knows what is open, whats not and whats a suicide the only reason its a problem this round is because al's wanted an excuse to kill off threats.
  • From what I understand there are 3 terms now?
    Def out - Term used
    0-33% - Safe
    33-66% - Open
    66%+ - Suicide

I saw someone on S2 saying someone had suicided, so I SoM and found he had 73.2% def out, while yes, this is a suicide, since there was over 66% defence out. but some defence was home, so without seeing the SoM some people could have hit and failed..

Def out - Term
    0-33% - Ajar
    33-50% - Open
    50-66% - Wide Open
    66-85% - Borderline
    85+% - Suicide

This would allow alliances to define the level of hits allowed on the kingdom in question..

it aint broke so done fix it, suiciders are suiciders and anti turtles are free land /thread

• It's the Red Ajah, RUN LEWS!
    Def out - Term used
    0-33% - Safe
    33-66% - Open
    66%+ - Suicide

Def out - Term
    0-33% - Ajar
    33-50% - Open
    50-66% - Wide Open
    66-85% - Borderline
    85+% - Suicide

since when did suicide only count as 'defense out'
    it's always been total numerical value of units
    so lds wud be 5
    goons 5
    tanks 9

and you would do the calculations off a cumulative total of total points versus points after military loss on the hit and defensively at home.

hence 5000 goons and 0 lds 100 tanks = suicide.
    and refining more terms is unnecessary just give the actual numerical values then
  • It's the Red Ajah, RUN LEWS!
    Red Ajah? Bah, I've got the Blues and the Greens behind me! To me, the distinction between Red Ajah and the Forsaken is undistinguishable.
  • Bahaha, don't worry some of those Blues and Greens are really Black.
  • Bahaha, don't worry some of those Blues and Greens are really Black.
    Well they just need some good cock and they'll be back on the right side.
  • A wild bunny appears. Hi walls.
    Def out - Term used
    0-33% - Safe
    33-66% - Open
    66%+ - Suicide

Def out - Term
    0-33% - Ajar
    33-50% - Open
    50-66% - Wide Open
    66-85% - Borderline
    85+% - Suicide
    HAHAHA, ajar.....seriously?

worst suggestion ever
  • I was in a car once that would audibly say, "The door is ajar." when you'd open the door. *Sigh* never got old...
  • I was in a car once that would audibly say, "The door is ajar." when you'd open the door. *Sigh* never got old...
    Lol hahaha, the door is ajar...informing the obvious
  • i actually didnt realise how hilarious the original post is :-)) :-)) :-))

not only will this silly suggestion NEVER be used by anyone in sk but the guy who posted it is an s2 player who logs on once a day over there at best. i know this because i was banking on his ass alot over there this round.

hazza your a cool guy an all but keep your silly suggestions to yourself mate. 85% to be officially recognised as a suicider is just the most ridiculous thing ever
  • Wheel of time series reference. Lol. Also I think anti turtles should be calculated by land/defensive units. The amount of offensive shouldn't calculate into total military. It should be defensive units by land. If their dpa is below x . Hit them till it's right. When they make defensive units it should only be open. Not suicide.
  • shut up blood, you made a pile of shit kd that takes 0 effort so when you get screwed over dont complain. if you can more than break yourself by ridiculous amounts then you deserve whatever happens to you.
  • So what? I made the kd to hit douche bags like you. I think the hits should have stopped when I was getting bashed. Your just finding excuses to kill the ones that want akd built to damage and not grow. Only thing I would do different is make it a bigger anti turtle.
  • im not playing and if i was your junk kd still wouldnt of been able to hit a douchebag like me, stop crying about your shit kd, you know the risks you take when your making junk like that now deal with it an stop crying
  • Im not crying about it anymore. I am saying the terms need to be adjusted. Open, Ajar, Meth Fiend, Whatever you call them. It needs a name changed and a bit of an update. I still think that offensive points shouldn't count in a suicide. A Anti-Turtle should be considered open unless its got massive amounts of defense too. Now if a Anti Turtle sends out tanks too. Then those count. But when they are 0/5 or 0/11 or whatever they are. Then those should just be null when you calculate a suicide. Defensive units. I think 1000 tanks is ok, not perfect for a 250 land KD. So base your decision off that. 2000 tanks on 500, 4000 on 1000 land. Etc etc. Then if a KD at 1000 land only has 3500 tanks worth of defense (or 31500 points of defense) Then he is deficient 500 tanks ( or 4500 defensive points) Making him open of course. But now that he has 10k goons and that amount of defense , he is an excellent candidate for a hit for being a bit under defended, but if he had 10k goons and 4000 tanks. and sent all his goons out, He should be considered a safe KD.

Your all being closed minded about changing the rules around. Defense should be calculated on amount of land and defensive points only. Total military should be something of the past.
  • the only anti turtles that arent considered free land are the ones with absolute defense, ie cant be broke so thats why they can mass so much O everyone else is taking a risk
  • if this were so important bcart would have mentioned this in his rules, its no where mentioned :P