Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Desert Wasteland is Over Powered

Comments

• Pretty impressive so 86% of D is in LDs 14% in tanks with 2/3 of tanks out...so I guess it means if those tanks were never sent out you would be able to have around 15% less LDs?

Next round tho im guessing as long as the round bonus has nothing to do with pop or draft rates there will be less LDs in the equation.
  • Tanks need less pop, are harder to kill off, and of course can be used for offense.
    The 10% less defensive value of 1 Tank/2 LDs can be countered by using mil shields.

Tanks>LDs
  • Which ever one i can be bothered to type numbers in.
  • i wouldnt say tanks are that much harder to kill...you kill less because there is less of them, but you are killing more def points per kill
  • i wouldnt say tanks are that much harder to kill...you kill less because there is less of them, but you are killing more def points per kill
    Tanks need less pop, are harder to kill off, and of course can be used for offense.
    The 10% less defensive value of 1 Tank/2 LDs can be countered by using mil shields.

Tanks>LDs
    Tanks, LDs, Soldiers and LTs all die in the same ratio. Also, who doesn't use Mil shields? If you don't use Mil shields you're 10% behind everyone else in defense.
  • edited December 2011
    i wouldnt say tanks are that much harder to kill...you kill less because there is less of them, but you are killing more def points per kill
    Tanks, LDs, Soldiers and LTs all die in the same ratio. Also, who doesn't use Mil shields? If you don't use Mil shields you're 10% behind everyone else in defense.
    I may be wrong but based on my observaions on the decline of varous KTs defenses it always seems like the tank D is the last to go. For example when Nexus KTd Y Lager he had around 9k tanks and 90K LDs after multiple fails and the first break he was down to around 6k tanks and 55k LDs...
  • If I remember correctly, he sent some tanks out during the KT.

Tanks are useful in that regard for getting KT'd. You can send them out when you still have decent defense, then when they get home you'll have awesome defense for shit land. Make a lot of boobs not want to hit you.
  • Tanks die less then LD's. Pretty sure about that.
  • Yes... you don't lose 1 tank for every 1 LD. They die in equal amounts of defense points though. As in for every 9 LDs that die 5 tanks die.
  • indeed,

also tanks require more power vs 2 lds, and tanks in general just suck

less efficient in everyway

even this round lts > tanks
  • edited December 2011
    indeed,

I was waiting for you to make your LT argument.
    Tanks blow hard compared to LDs. That said, I still like having a tank buffer.
  • bring it ill defend it to the death
  • bring it ill defend it to the death
    I'll let Kev take over for that.
  • The downside of tanks is that they can sometimes leave you ajar.
  • Tanks are good for KT's while LD's are good for scores. Just depends on how you play the game. I prefer tanks since I get KT'd.
  • a good balance of both lds and tanks is the way to go. all LDs sucks huge ass. or if you flazer all LTs. having no tanks limits you to what you can grab also. play all tanks and its a matter of time before your rolled out coz your defense sucks balls.

gotta have a nice balance of both.
  • also flazer this round lts dont >>>> tanks. your kd just sucked that bad your trying to justify it still. if you had probes then you wouldnt of had lts. simple.

stop playing a lazy man strat and trying to convince people it was good. it sucked cock and you died in all of about 38 seconds after you was posted
  • Tanks are good for KT's while LD's are good for scores. Just depends on how you play the game. I prefer tanks since I get KT'd.
    that is the most noob thing ive ever heard you say. not one bit of it actually made any sense atall
  • But he likes tanx
  • Tanks bro.
  • indeed,

Yo dawg LT's suck.

You should play mostly LD's, with tanks as a buffer for offense/defense. If safe def was 10k tanks, I'd want to have something like 18k LD (bare minimum), 2-4k tanks, and the rest offense.

You need some tanks just in case you want to stretch yourself to make a big grab (ie if you know top offenses have WL's out, you can take a risk), and also to keep them home to make sure you are 100% safe. Tanks add the ability for a kingdom to take some risk for benefit.

LD and Tanks die at the same rate from grabs, but you can send out tanks to protect them when you are a KT (so when they come back you are 200 land with 50k tanks etc, nobody will want to hit you to finish you off).
    LOL
  • of course lds after better but lts are still better than tanks, not arguing lds > lts :-p

plus who needs tanks when you can mass tfs
  • now i see why you always get hit early :-))
    If that jar is full of something yummy, I wouldn't mind.
  • I wouldnt even waste my soldiers making LT's.

Playing without tanks is a fools game.
    Playing all tanks for defence is also a fools game.

You just gotta be cool and get the balance right.

Only noobs like Guardia play all Lds/tfs, flazer must be learning from him :D
  • I learned from secretland's tf guide
    plus must be kinda lol if I can break you with a fool's kd

if you can mass enough money where the surplus is not as great as your soldier production for lts in early game, to the point where you will never end with 0 soldiers, it is perfectly acceptable to go lts, as long as you can keep it at that ratio, which is pretty much only attainable in such rounds like this.

and anyways tanks suck. If you can make tanks, just make scis instead.
  • negneg
    edited December 2011
    also just to moot the whole point of this thread

currently there is no desert wasteland in the top 30 on S1?

but still flazer and co did die early :P
  • Planet Type: Desert Wasteland
    Networth: 2,731,387 (26)
    Land: 9,825 (24)