Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Darius please read

edited July 2013 in General
I have read a few threads now where you are claiming to be the best SK player. (I have not read all of your posts, but I have read enough to form an opinion).

Let me speak to this claim. But first we need to make a few assumptions.

Assumptions:
1.) We will assume you have mastered the "spreadsheet" aspects of SK. Your builds are efficient, and your execution is flawless (It's a lot to assume, but bear with me.)
2.) We will also assume that you are active 24/7 and never miss a tick. (This is impossible without the help of a secondary program, but we will assume this to give you as much advantage as possible).
3.) And the final assumption, you value NW and scores as the ultimate goal of SK, meaning you feel being Rank 1 is the measuring stick of which "skill" is measured.

Statement:
Even after all of these assumptions, you are still not even close to being the best SK player, and you will never finish Rank 1 on server 1 of SK.

Reasoning:
You are only half way there. This game isn't just a spreadsheet. Your ability to do efficient math and be active will only get you so far. To finish Rank 1 so many different factors need to be met. Sure math and activity allow you to build up a big kingdom, but diplomacy, political/social skills, and cunning are what make the truly great players great. There is a reason why the forums look like "Darius vs the world", because you severely lack the tact to accomplish the second half of the equation. Anybody and there mother could put in the time to figure out the math, but only a select few can combine them with the skills needed to finish Rank 1.

You don't hold a light next to the people you are calling out on these forums, and big part of that is assumption number 3. Most of the people you are calling out don't give a shit about their Rank 1 finishes, but THEY HAVE THEM! They finished Rank 1 without trying to be rank 1. They finished Rank 1 while participating in wars, and participating in the politics. They finished Rank 1 with enemies and friends. Their measuring stick of skill and success is not even the same as your own, but they still have Rank 1 finishes despite that fact.

Lets look at an example:

Jesterawx/Cai Swiftlight is my best friend IRL. He finished last round Rank 1. His NW at the end of the round was about 33 mil, rank 2 was only about 12 mil.

You finished last round with 0 NW.

I don't actually know if you are a better KD builder than he is, but for the sake of argument let's assume you are. Not ONE person on these forums would say you are better than Jesterawx, even if you are better at math than he is. Because this is the first time Jesterawx has ever even finished a round. The average round for Jesterawx is him being 1st-5th at some mid point of the game, and then he gets KT'd in a war. He never finishes a round. But he gives everything he's got in war times. He gives everything he's got when his friends need him. He is loyal to a fault. And these are the "skills" most players here value. So even if you are 10x the KD builder than he is, you will never ever be considered a better player. Because he didn't compromise his tact and still finished Rank 1.

Closing thoughts:
I know how this goes, and so do you. Thought and effort gets put into a post, the logic seems sound to the poster, but the recipient/reader rarely lets the information sink in and usually responds with a passive dismissal. This has happened to you with many of the lengthy posts you have made. But I urge you to not let that happen with this post. Instead of picking it apart and disproving everything I am saying. Let some of it settle in a bit. Think about why I am taking the time in to write something this long to a person I don't even know. Think of me as an unbiased third party commentator with no horse in the race. I'm not friends/enemies with you or the people you are calling out. I'm merely trying to enlighten you to something you might be missing.

The only way you will be considered the best player (I assume that is a title you wish to acquire Mr. Completionist) is if you learn what it takes to finish Rank 1 at the END OF THE GAME (archiving) while maintaining the image of not being a cowardly whore. Being Rank 1 1.5 weeks into the game means nothing to these people. Being Rank 1 on a different game means nothing to these people. And being Rank 1 on s2 is a laughable joke, I don't even know anyone who plays s2...

Just because you understand the math, does not make you the most skilled player in SK.

p.s. I also value Rank/NW very high, which is why I have the reputation of being a NW whore (Hell, it was Sephiroth who taught me how to be a whore). But I have been down this road in the past, trust me when I say I have some insight on this issue.

That is all. Carry on.

Comments

• Qwj takes the cake for one of the only rank1's I respect, cause that cunt took it by force, he didn't turtle and hide his way to it.

Still a dick though.
  • edited July 2013
    is it just me or did this topic lose all respectability by contrasting with jester and using words like rank 1/best/respected/etc

;)

hi jester!
  • noob here posting in noob thread
  • Ah Dreams, Seph may have taught you to whore, but surely Fadey taught you to post! ;)
  • Yeah sorry about the length :p
  • I don't think Jester was multi raped like half of everyone else in the uni last round... j/s lol. That, and Jester didn't participate in the wars until the end if my memory serves me right. He did what anyone would have done to reach rank 1. Keep your head down, make smart grabs and keep your probes extremely high lol.
  • jester got hit by multis right out of noob and also if im not mistaken had 5 or 7 losses. I think he got hit 2 or 3x by multis. He was going to quit the round at first right out of noob.
  • I did have help- and I did participate with red plague in the war- I was the 6th sectoe cuz flames stole my group spot-so I just ninja'd war and grabed every chance I could, I also did a fair about of kidnaps last round- but that is a different matter
  • jester got r1 because he was an income pt playing r/r with double soldier drafting :P
  • its true meadows but he still played a good kingdom and he did get multi'd out of newb for hitting a multi helping us kill them.

And yes he helped in the war i will vouch for that
  • jester is a boob tho.
  • jester is a boob tho.
  • edited July 2013
    It is comments like "had my next wave hits lined up and would have got XX land and XX money per hit and trained XX tanks" etc that just show a lack of understanding of actually playing SK compared to simulating it.

No, you just wouldnt. Someone would have hit and probably robbed by the time you came around to being ready.

When we last played properly and there was actual competition you was lucky to get first hits on an inactive or decent robs as so many people where spamming attack on X:59:59 :-)) I assume there are still a few good people playing that will be doing this as I know flazer etc still play.
  • jester is a boob tho.
  • Nothing ever goes according to plan. Even when there's only 50 people still playing.
  • Just pray you don't tickhit the same inac as SB. The korean-starcraft blood in him lands him 3-4 hits at 00:00.
  • Did you guys all scare off Darius?
  • Just pray you don't tickhit the same inac as SB. The korean-starcraft blood in him lands him 3-4 hits at 00:00.
    I was a machine with the old wank hand fast click, got them quite often

Then bought a new faster PC and internet and suddenly couldnt do it :-|
  • This one time, I caught a fish that was thiiiiiiiiiiiiiis big....
  • I love that ending line, gonna go play chess. That'll make you look smart!

You want real competition try sc2.
  • Darius would fail at SC2, hence why I say he is like Flazr. They like slow, calculated mindgames... not at all SC2 haha
  • Still missed the point...
  • I'm not bothering to read all of the 500 pages in the other thread, but this is about Darius thinking he's got some god like level unbeatable strategy right?

Let him prove it. If you can't do it in game then its entirely irrelevant.
  • Chess, now there is a game I'm good at. Darius we should play chess. You on chess.com?
  • I'm not bothering to read all of the 500 pages in the other thread, but this is about Darius thinking he's got some god like level unbeatable strategy right?

Dude, go read it, skip the "what do you think of me bs" skim through until you see some lengthy posts by darius, then when lynog posts a link and asks if its Darius, read from there.

He cant prove it for some weird reason considering his opinion for himself.

The only thing he has produced is a 90k land kingdom on s2 that had 30 million NW :-)) ..... I repeat, on s2

4. Yes, I am. In terms of building I would outbuild anyone in the game still playing in a monitored, 1v1 scenario. The closest thing to that I can find is GoC I believe, although the game definitely has its flaws. The reason being this game is just simple math and my competitive nature.

"In theory based on a simulator I would outbuild anyone in the game."

Well in real life you cant mate so you go play your simulator where you can while we all build these kingdoms you dream of in the actual game.
  • Unfortunately, I've come to the point where I read the first two lines of Darius' posts, my eyes glaze over and I skip the rest.

Sorry Darius. :(
  • lol I found the important part of that thread. XD. Digging his own grave
  • Darius would fail at SC2, hence why I say he is like Flazr. They like slow, calculated mindgames... not at all SC2 haha
    Lol seriously? Go try to get 3k+ rated on WoW and tell me about how its a slow, calculated mind game. There are private servers where you are able to play at the same level/expansion as I was for free. www.arenatournament.com Free private server where you can compete in arena without having to level. GL.

I cant build a KD ingame because I'm dead lol, its not like I'm getting beaten by actualy players. I dont care about the game I was just going to make a dominant KD and die or get multied down within 2 weeks, better it was early on honestly. Its like you guys seem to think your opinion matters to me or something; hint: it doesnt.
    Definitely do not care about the game.....

Get carried to 3k rating more :P
  • He doesnt care about the game....yet he has spent time simulating this perfect strategy Simulating a strategy though on a kingdom sim with no other players. AND he still came out with an average strat.

Darius, you are capable of playing out a round on GOC coz it has like 40 players and the top players I saw there were scrubs on SK like yourself. I dont need to come there to prove myself against you because quite frankly you arent good enough for me to want to prove myself against.

Like I said, come within 20 mill of my kingdom and ill consider you a better builder than the average people like dank. Until you actually do one of the things you say you can do and break out of the tier 3 player bracket on sk, lose the ego.