Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wage Cap For Swiss Execs

Comments

• america was mentioned because the initial replies were from americans criticising the financial decisions of another country.

its basically fix up your own backyard before criticising others
  • Unions are just cults now.

There is no defense for guys who make a half mil a year though, let's be honest. They can moan all they want but there is zero sympathy had by any one, at all.
    Little defense, but they have a right to it.

• Unions are just cults now.

There is no defense for guys who make a half mil a year though, let's be honest. They can moan all they want but there is zero sympathy had by any one, at all.
    Little defense, but they have a right to it.

yeah those bankers that started the GFC are definitely entitled to their handouts ;)
  • They have a small right to it, I'm sure they aren't all thieving pricks, but a high number of them are just the worst types of people haha

500k/yr is way more than enough to live comfortably off of, it's not as though they wouldn't have luxurious lives. It will never be a reality, but it would be nice.
  • Shut up and come to France 8). Minimum wage is 1 947 dollars, you get free health care, free schools, free universities and you only have to work 35 hours a week 8).
  • Shut up and come to France 8). Minimum wage is 1 947 dollars, you get free health care, free schools, free universities and you only have to work 35 hours a week 8).
    nothing in life is free, somebody always has to pay for it
    nothing in life is free, somebody always has to pay for it

^this. It's pretty foolish to think that someone who doesn't know anything about a company or industry can magically decide what the appropriate wage rate should be. Free market FTW
  • Free market FTW
    kind of funny that it's americans criticising other countries that have suitable healthcare, minimum wage, university programs and better workers rights in generals.

people like this guy above spout the whole "free market is amazing" bullshit as some kind of reason to hate any government run companies.

dont we have the amazing free market to thank for the recent financial crisis? for the decreasing quality of public services? for the people struggling to live week to week through poor wages etc.

the free market sounds amazing until you can't find an available doctor since the majority have been cut off to "save costs" or your mail takes an extra week to be delivered because "private companies are more efficient!!"

tl;dr we should all shut up and give big businesses our money because of the trickle-down effect. because if we don't they will force the laws to change so we are forced to. The "free market" at work

:O
  • fed ex works significantly faster than the postal service, the cost of doctors visits (the actual cost) has gone up in every country that uses socialized medicine, the financial crisis was caused because of government regulations proping up banks that the free market would have caused to go bankrupt years ago, big businesses are a product of governments keeping small companies out of the market with over regulation.

but plez, continue to spout off, i enjoy having a good giggle. (America is not a free market economy, btw)
  • edited December 2013
    huh?

did you real the tldr or nah too hard?

if you think public services should be run by private companies you need a wake up call btw.

get back to me when your ready to argue for real emerican
  • you actually have to have a reason for why a private company cannot provide "public services" if you want to have an "argument". i know its easier for statists to just name call and troll, but some of us actually need logic and sound reasoning instead of just accepting what big brother tries to feed us.
  • huh?

did you real the tldr or nah too hard?

if you think public services should be run by private companies you need a wake up call btw.

get back to me when your ready to argue for real emerican
    Lol...I thought the education system in the U.S was bad, apparently I'm well ahead of whatever country you're from. Look....the fire department and police infrastructure are duties of the government to create an environment in which the individual is safe from 3rd party influences.

But please. University programs? In the U.S., state schools i.e. schools funded by the government, are paid for through funds raised by the state lottery. The state lottery is paid for by poor people who don't understand statistics. So, in the U.S., poor people pay for the middle class to go to college. What about healthcare? Well, the poor also pay for medicare, the "free" healthcare program for old people. In reality, poor people pay for their healthcare, because A) they don't graduate college and or high school and so start paying into the system when they are a lot younger, and B) because poor people have a statistically lower life expectancy, and so receive fewer benefits from Medicare & the US government. Sounds like a lose-lose to me, and also a very unintelligent European.
  • edited December 2013
    the americans are mad. ive called them out their lack of empathy for other human beings.

if youre a believer in trickle-down economics which it looks like you both are then you believe that supporting a business will in the end provide you with a better life. But where is the control on this big business?

are we supposed to trust the businesses to hire more people or pay their staff higher wages just by supporting them through government tax breaks/consumer investment?

the law that OP is referring to (http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/business-25048192) is in my opinion about instilling that trust into the consumer that businesses will put their profits in the people that make the business run (entry-level workers) rather then one rich guy at the top that knows a few people.

the free market as a whole is a joke when government interferes to 'help' them out. I buy high price items from the UK/US because there is a huge markup by local businesses which means I save money by purchasing from those countries.

apparently the free market isn't actually free and the local businesses are upset that i'm not willing to pay their prices. They have petitioned to the conservative government to raise taxes on overseas goods being shipped in.

the free market is bullshit. trickle-down economics are bullshit.

how are businesses better at running public services? business care for the amount of money they save while a government run service is running for the benefit of the people are they not?

dont even get me started on self-entitled baby boomers that lived in a hard world #:-S #:-S #:-S
  • your post pretty much proved the entire lack of empathy thing

fuck poor people. its their fault we pay so much money. fuck them trying to better themselves etc

sorry that everyone didn't have the same opportunities or gravy train through life as you
  • In the U.S., state schools i.e. schools funded by the government, are paid for through funds raised by the state lottery.
    You might want to brash up on this. The funds were just moved around and schools get the same amount of money as they did prior to the lotteries funding them. Even so, in larger states like mine, the lottery money schools do get is a drop in the bucket.
  • haha, and the empathy card has been played. we cannot possibly help poor people without the government guise! we just need to give all of our money to the state and they will take care of all of us equally!

first off its pretty obvious that you have no idea what a free market is. this idea that you seem to have about how you live in one and dont like the way its done is laughable. there isnt a single first world country that has anything close to a free market right now. they are all over regulated to prevent the little guy (whom you seem so worried about) from getting into the market and being competitive. jobs for lower class workers are being destroyed every day because companies are fleeing big countries with their mountains of tax laws and moving to countries that are much lessregulated.
    now the first argument you are going to make against that is "but the workers are paid more here and thats slave labor what those terrible big businesses are doing!"
    you will think silly things like that because you do not understand how currency works, and living in a first world country has tainted your idea about the value of money. in the US, for example, our money is currently worth less than the fabric it is printed on. you need to be able to make 50-60 dollars a day just to survive with basic things like food and shelter. in countries that have not over regulated the hell out of everything (most of which, as i've said, are third world) you can easily live with the same basic functions on about 2 dollars a day. all the poor Chinese workers that everyone was freaking out about during china's rise into the first world went from making pennies an hour (while being provided housing) to making a couple of bucks a day. this growth in the wages for poor workers is directly tied to the free market creating a supply and demand balance for workers in the region. they have to be paid more because their employers want them to buy the products they are making to help the business grow. they also cannot afford to lose their now moderately skilled workers to other companies so the pay has to go up to keep them. china's lower class has gone from drowning in poverty to a point where they can start to afford nicer things. its a growth that would never happen in a market controlled by the state because the whole goal of the state is to steal power from the people and give it to the ruling elite.

now i would agree that many CEOs make way too much money for the work that they do. instead of merely bitching about it, like you do, i actually investigate companies that are acting shady and then avoid purchasing their products. BP's handling of the oil spill in the gulf was poorly done and showed an obvious lack of basic human compassion on their part. i have not purchased gasoline from gas stations that they supply ever since. if we had a free market this would be the natural response to the situation and BP would go under as a result. however, since the state controls the market, BP is virtually untouched and can continue to operate with little regard for human decency because they have the governments of the world to shield them.

and on a more personal note. dont talk to me about privilege and opportunity. i've been to the bottom of the barrel. i've lived in roach infested drug houses and worked jobs illegal immigrants didnt even want to do. anything i have in life is because i worked my ass off to get there. i've suffered set backs, i've slept in my car because i had nowhere else to go for several days. i've had to beg for help from others and claw and scrape for basic human necessities. dont talk to me about the poor, the homeless, the sick, the rejects. those are people i understand perfectly. those are people that i want to see do amazing things, i want to see them change the world. i want to see them free from governments who force them into a life that has no rewards and nothing to look forward to. dont talk to me about empathy. anyone who supports big state governments is only proving that they hate other people and want to control them (or they are too stupid to know that they are giving their freedoms away).
  • Nimrod you need to join a political forum somewhere and torch people with your hatred.
  • I didn't read any of the text but here is what I have to say:

Obama sucks, go republicans!

2/10 on the troll scale.. better luck next time.
  • edited December 2013
    I didn't read any of the text but here is what I have to say:

This is not a troll as this is my genuine beliefs. A lot of us here dislike Obama and are Republicans. Just ask around.

I guess the joke is on you, buddy.
  • edited December 2013
    this forum is full of republicans.

I thought about writing up a big serious reply but I can't work these americans out. every time I talk politics with one, I get the same feedback about "working hard all my life" and "you dont know the life ive had".

where are the people that have had an easy life growing up? democrats voters, am I right?

I actually think the free market can work except for public services.

your example about BP is actually the reason I can't stand my conservative government. They are the ones to jump in and help businesses in what should be a free market?

unfortunately with things like fuel it's hard to say that it's a fair free market. everyone needs fuel and would you ignore a BP service station if you were running on empty and they were the only choice?
  • I'd consider myself a conservative Libertarian, progressive constitutionalist.

The Republican party sold out many years ago, the democrats should all die in a fiery pit of tar... And liberals? Ohhhh don't get me STARTED.

This is not a troll as this is my genuine beliefs. A lot of us here dislike Obama and are Republicans. Just ask around.

I guess the joke is on you, buddy.
    ok... 5/10

Decent Troll.

• Tyrsis > life

j/s
  • you are equating people who believe in the free market and republicans. there is nothing further from the truth. i have not been a republican for a very long time (i grew up that way, once i became an adult with my own set of beliefs, that changed). your arguments against me are fundamentally flawed because you are operating under the idea that i want to build a country where the entire economy is driven by the military industrial complex and the foreign policy is imperialism.

i'm not about all that noise.
  • Yeah, I would say that this forum is full of people who would be Republicans if they didn't suck as bad as the Democrats.
  • edited December 2013
    I like the "they are evil thus i wont support them!" Argument. Unless you are, like, Ryan Gosling, nobody gives a fuck who you boycott. The idea that you are changing something is just amusing... your business means fuckall.
    I say Ryan Gosling cause im sure there are people out there dumb enough to blindly follow celebs like him.

Carry on.

• Cobra, nimrrok, ER, Pie (Pretty sure), Jester, etc. are all Republicans. Just saying duders.
  • I like the "they are evil thus i wont support them!" Argument. Unless you are, like, Ryan Gosling, nobody gives a fuck who you boycott. The idea that you are changing something is just amusing... your business means fuckall.
    I say Ryan Gosling cause im sure there are people out there dumb enough to blindly follow celebs like him.

Carry on.

BP has been spending millions of dollars on ad campaigns to reduce the impact that the spill has had on their income. if good people refusing to use their products was not hurting them, they would not have wasted their money trying to get those people to come back.