Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Scottish Independence

Comments

• 7 of 32 counts
    NO 50.9%NO 178,811
    YES 49.1%YES 172,426
  • 50.9% no

7 in..

Its a full election, all scotish people aged 16+ can vote.
  • its all happening now... results should start flooding in... god this is tense... and i really need to go to sleep lol
  • 52.4% now 10 in
  • wish theyd just finish it now and tell us
  • edited September 2014
    Lol my sisters a polling Clark, and dad is a counter. Takes time..

For Dudley North elections.

They do local and regional elections, I asked if I could do it didn't need anymore help, but I know of people joined in since..
  • 56.25 no 17 in
  • 54.34 no 23 in

Looking like a no win.
  • 54.28 no. 26 of 32 in.

• No 1,737,464 55.40
    Yes 1,398,540 44.60

After 29 of 32 counts
  • good stuff! hopefully this no will influence Québec to stfu about their independence wants lol
  • Lol Quebec not complaining.
  • good stuff! hopefully this no will influence Québec to stfu about their independence wants lol
    lol. if 40 years and 2 failed votes along with 90% of the PQ not being voted in again last spring, didn't shut them up about it a failed Scotland vote wont.

I'm waiting on the excuses they come up with to show that Scotland isn't the same as Quebec and that Quebec still has a chance at interdependence.

• Why are you guys so hostile to the idea of decentralized government, if I may ask?
  • I am just against Quebec.
  • decentralizing government? because if the equivelant happened in america with states splitting there would be thousands lol
  • United we fall divided we stand
  • Decentralizing government just makes it seem like we're going back in time rather than forward. I'm hoping to see the day when there is one world government with all nations fairly represented and all borders removed.
  • Like the eu?
  • No matter the decision of each individual Scotland as a whole should be proud.

Personally I'm happy they voted no. With the constant instability of the euro I feel relieved.
  • Dont have to invade now. Somehow I knew you were scottish Hazza, it all makes sense now.
  • for ppl interested in the subject but too lazy to actually study about it...a quick read/watch

http://ideas.ted.com/2014/09/18/need-to-know-scotland-unicorns-and-the-bearded-troll-that-is-great-britain/
  • A government that powerful is frightening. You could kiss any ideas of freedom goodbye. Maybe you are into people telling you what to do, but me...not so much
  • one all powerful government would mean that if one official that is corrupt or not working in the public's best interest affects everyone. Also its harder for people to believe is something that is so far removed from them.
  • governments should just be a symbolic power core...

all decisions must be made based on science only and thats enough.
  • you seriously make my head hurt
  • Unreliable hurts my head, that statement makes no sense politically
  • I think I see where he is going with that but its cramping my mind.
  • i, personally, would like to live in a world where the only laws were natural law (more or less the non aggression principle) and governments run by corporations (or vice versa) no longer had the power to control our lives and send us into pointless wars at their whim. i no longer believe that its just a dream. i think that with information comes power, and the internet is making information available to everyone, big or small. i hope my descendants are able to look back and laugh at how silly humans were in my time, letting ourselves be controlled by others.
  • governments should just be a symbolic power core...

all decisions must be made based on science only and thats enough.
    That's a very uneducated statement. One would only need to asks "Who determines the science relevant to what any particular society needs?"...