Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Scottish Independence

edited September 2014 in General
discuss

personally i think the decentralization of power is always good. i know i will not live to see the day humanity breaks free of governments, but i welcome any attempt to shrink governments to make that task easier

Comments

• nothing will change apart from people living in Scotland will be even more nationalistic
  • edited September 2014
    Alex Salmond is a fat bastard with too much time on his hands. I just don't understand why he is in favour of breaking away from Westminster (Who, he says, "restricts" the Scots) but is happy to apply for EU Membership so they can be ruled and dictated to by even worse and even more useless assholes.

In my view, it's a ploy to break-up the United Kingdom so it's easier for the EU's tentacles to assimilate us once and for all into Europe considering that there is widespread resentment in regards to immigration from Europe and beyond. They're scared to death by how much progress UKIP has made in recent years. I really hope that the Scots do the right thing and vote No to independence.
  • its what you get for voting snp... not much difference between snp and bnp in my opinion and we all know what they're like
  • I think they just want another excuse to get drunk all day... at least that would be my #1 selling point.
  • I think I heard that England wanted to leave the EU if Scotland leaves
  • Alex Salmond is a fat bastard with too much time on his hands. I just don't understand why he is in favour of breaking away from Westminster (Who, he says, "restricts" the Scots) but is happy to apply for EU Membership so they can be ruled and dictated to by even worse and even more useless assholes.

In my view, it's a ploy to break-up the United Kingdom so it's easier for the EU's tentacles to assimilate us once and for all into Europe considering that there is widespread resentment in regards to immigration from Europe and beyond. They're scared to death by how much progress UKIP has made in recent years. I really hope that the Scots do the right thing and vote No to independence.
    I am generally for people seeking independence, but this post makes sense and I agree with it.

What the scots gain with independence I think is outweighed by what they lose. Its not like they aren't represented or are second class citizens.
  • edited September 2014
    Exactly. And I don't mind nations seeking independence either but find the timing of all of this suspicious.
  • are they at war?
  • No independence from the UK is generally done by a vote its more like a confederacy now than anything else correct me if I'm wrong
  • Uhhh.. I've seen Braveheart, this is an easy call
  • What glo said, I support my blue faced friends across the pond.
  • England should invade Scotland.
  • For what? Leave the sheep fuckers alone
  • I thought that was New Zealand.
  • Wales i recall

They may take our lives but they will never take our freedom!
  • Sons of Scotland!
  • Well you know why they wear kilts, right?

It's because sheep can hear a zipper from a mile away.
  • A few hours left..
  • votes have started coming in

hope it carries on like its begun
  • if im not careful im going to end up staying up all night following it.

im Scottish but live in northern england

just hope enough people vote no to make up for that i wasn't able to
  • I have to wake up at 6am but I can't seem to stop watching either, lol.
  • updates from the ground, then?
  • no is winning by a bit but not many results in
  • 26902 votes for yes
    38991 votes for no
  • there should be around 3,655,000 votes in total of possibles voters of 4.3 mil
  • 5 of 32 counties in..

All voted no..

This was closest yes came.Inverclyde Result- No: 50.08% Yes: 49.92%

Yes, that how close its been so far..
  • is it a popular vote, or how does it work?
  • Votes %
    NO 76,864 54.82
    YES 63,340 45.18