Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CS:GO

Comments

• Always liked CS for its realism, when compared to CoD. Cod is more about perks, tricks and shit like that. CS is just a lot more fun for me to play
  • Always liked CS for its realism, when compared to CoD. Cod is more about perks, tricks and shit like that. CS is just a lot more fun for me to play

not always Zeal, please do not mistake the current CoD with the classic Cods...Call of duty and Call of duty 2 were classics without the regens, perks and unbalanced gaming. It also had amazing single player campaigns which lasted hours and would challenge fps players. Not like the current age of max 2hr single player campaigns with little compelling stories. CS is very much arcade like rather than realistic being honest, for a realistic game play AA or Arma.
  • Very well said lews.
  • Yeah i should correct that, i started with cod 4 haha. I played CoD2 campaign buy never online.
  • Dont play Cod 3....just a tip for anyone who likes older games. All the Medal of Honor games (bar the recent one) are great too with long singleplayers.

Cod4 is good fun tho, but after that they just kept using the same slightly upgraded engine to churn out exact copies....then EA jumped on the bandwagon and ruined the battlefield series.
  • Console gamers will get raped by PC. Will go to show how little skill console fps gamers have....considering half the time it aims for them.
  • edited August 2012
    PC players had already a taste of how shitty Xbox players struggled with Counterstrike: Source...

Why Xbox 360 aint having crossplatform for CS:Go

Just absolute lols.......you'll never watch this on PC.....only console do you spray and pray. Also I blame current FPS for reducing skills of both PC and console players with emphasis on spraying the enemy rather than burst fire. Also players rarely rush, which I find is the most fun of FPS.
  • Once upon a time i was fairly good at CS, i think itll come back
  • Once upon a time i was fairly good at CS, i think itll come back
    Perhaps I might start semi competitive and start a SK CS clan........if anyone is interested. I've played CAL, ED and e-gaming leagues in the past so have a little experience managing.
  • Good idea, Lews. Also, that video you put up earlier is painful to watch. :-(
  • I am pretty sure there is no auto aim for this game.
  • Maybe not, I a.ways assumed it would.

I dunno if I'm competitive lews haha but I can have fun doing it and hold my own.
  • Yeh everyone just hit me up on Steam/AIM....
    Steam: LoosSerine
    AIM: ShoresideValeZ

will look at available ladders for us to join...
  • So i caved, went to gamestop and bought the game.

Gamertag: Darubian -- add me if you want to play.
  • edited August 2012
    Gamestop? Not Steam.....

Would have saved you the journey as you still need a steam account to play.
  • I bought it for xbox
  • I bought it for xbox
    Ah damn, none of us can play you.....Xbox vs Xbox.....whereas the rest of us can play eachother, PS3 vs PC vs Mac. How much was it Darubian?
  • It cost me 15 plust tax at gamestop, they just give you a receipt with a code for the ms points.

There are a lot of bugs on this console and it is a bit annoying, but they are going to fix it eventually. It really just stupid things, like trying to join matches, and joining games as a party or random mic mutes and controller issues. kind of lulz sometimes.
  • edited August 2012
    For whatever reason they appear to have mangled the game severely on xbox. From what I understand everytime you release any patch or changes on xbox live you have to pay them tons of cash. So it's starting off on the wrong foot for sure. I've seen developers crying about this in the Steam forums they are using it as a reason for not patching their games. I've even seen companies that have the patch refuse to release it. Luckily, Valve has plenty of coin.

http://games.slashdot.org/story/12/02/14/203247/xbox-360-game-patching-costs-40000
  • Either way it is very bad for the gamer.
  • Ill play some CSGO with everybody, but I'm very very bad at FPS so expect me to contribute very little
  • i'm being a little lazy so can someone tell me if i buy this for my ps3 will i be able to play with you all?
  • Seems like PS3 can play PC, so yea. I got nubboX myself.
  • Valve has ditched cross-platform play in upcoming downloadable shooter Counter-Strike: Global Offensive.

The Half-Life maker had planned to allow PC and Mac players to face off against PlayStation 3 owners - as it did with Portal 2.

But Valve removed the functionality based on feedback gleaned from the ongoing beta, Chet Faliszek told Joystiq.

"The beta has proved we want to update not just the beta, but the game itself post-launch frequently on the PC," he said.

"To do that we need to separate the platforms so one doesn't hamstring the other. So for that, we have removed the idea of cross-platform play - essentially make all platforms stronger by not mixing them."

CS:GO is still on course for release on PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 this summer.
  • For whatever reason they appear to have mangled the game severely on xbox. From what I understand everytime you release any patch or changes on xbox live you have to pay them tons of cash. So it's starting off on the wrong foot for sure. I've seen developers crying about this in the Steam forums they are using it as a reason for not patching their games. I've even seen companies that have the patch refuse to release it. Luckily, Valve has plenty of coin.

http://games.slashdot.org/story/12/02/14/203247/xbox-360-game-patching-costs-40000
    Consoles always charge royalty fees for every game, which is why some smaller developers only release games on PC and why PC games retail at such lower prices compared to console versions.
  • It cost me 15 plust tax at gamestop, they just give you a receipt with a code for the ms points.

There are a lot of bugs on this console and it is a bit annoying, but they are going to fix it eventually. It really just stupid things, like trying to join matches, and joining games as a party or random mic mutes and controller issues. kind of lulz sometimes.
    The only issue is the trying to join matches and joining as a party. There aren't any mic mutes or controller issues. The only other glitch I know of is sometimes when you are dead one of the players you are viewing will have a tilted screen.

Firstly, the controller issue. After you first start the game a lot of players are joining matches and all of the controller presets are blank. You have to adjust them. Kind of funny. Happened to me.

Secondly, the mic mute issue. I've seen this several times from several players. If you join a "party game" and the host starts searching for a match, all others with a mic in that party go mute to the host. The guest can hear the host talk but the host can not hear them.

Then you have the match finding issue. Well let's face it, the system they have in place now sucks. It won't locate or connect to a game, and its even worse if you go at it as a group of people. However, its better if you have a party of 8 or more, the game will create.

Then there is a loading screen issue, it will get choppy. The hints at the bottom will start changing rapidly and the game won't load. You have to either restart your xbox or hope you can dashboard to get away from it.

Then there is a host issue. The way the game works for consoles is it adjust every match set to the best host, if the host then leaves it can go to shit quickly. That is to be expected though.

Ideas...

Then there is toggle acceleration. If I were playing on pc then I could turn my mouse acceleration of, they need to give us the same option for controllers.

Team chat/Pub chat

I want to be able to call a vote. Would be nice if we could choose when we want to chat.

Remove the AWP from competitive. Its not used in CSS now, it shouldn't be in GO.

Remove motion blurring, it kills the console frame rate even more.

Give me some more maps!

Either way, I am disappointed with the severe lack polish Valve has put into consoles. The game itself is a lot of fun and I have really enjoyed it.

A lot of players were concerned about small kids, we know how they are. I'm not really seeing that on GO. They generally don't like it. No health regen, no perks, no tubes = boring. They don't appreciate the skill behind the gunplay, or the tactics each team has to use to accomplish a goal. The kids I find playing this are actually a pleasure to talk with and frag alongside, so don't shy away from the console for that reason.

I really can't think of much else, anyone else have any thoughts?
  • Solid for PC, it makes me realize how much I miss shooters where theres no health regen.
    I was once a 2:1 Kills per death, and now its like 0.5:1 haha, gonna take a few matches. Have played a silly amount of CoD since i was big on CS. Two completely different playstyles
  • edited August 2012
    Game is bliss on pc. A couple of match finding issues I've experienced, vpk not found bah, and sometimes I can unload an entire clip from an ak into their forehead and they survive but not a game breaker. You get in and stay in the action I love it.

I'm ezwip on Steam add me even if we hate each other. SK is a seperate game.
  • Thats something i liked about CS. Recoil is much higher than other shooters ive played, burst and single shot accuracy is way more important.

n CSS at least, two bullets from an AK in the head was a kill.