Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CS:GO

13»

Comments

• Recoil on CS 1.6 was great. Recoil on CSS was shit. Also hitboxes on CSS was huge and never in sync. Just use mat_timeframe and you can see the laggy frameboxes. CS:GO so far looks ok, but with the source engine, the hitboxes will always be quite terrible. The recoil feels shit though and more in keeping with Half Life 2 shooting than previous 1.6

Anyways I've started a small clan now on CS:GO so if anyone is interested hit me up. We'll be going for Europe and East Coast US servers.
  • Downloading it now. Hope it's worth it.
  • Downloading it now. Hope it's worth it.
    Its not if you are a 10 year old who has only ever played call of duty and shout 'noob' down microphone at random strangers after you headshot them because you proned in tall grasses in a guille suit with a sniper rifle in your hand spawn killing.
  • Well, considering I've never played multiplayer for any other game apart (No way will I ever succumb and play multiplayer CoD) from the original CS, CS 1.6, CSS, TF amd TF2, I'm thinking I should enjoy it if it's a natural progression for the series. :)
  • I assume I'm the only one rockin it on xbox?
  • Its not really the perfect natural progression from CSS...its gone a bit more arcade than before. Its still great fun but for old players, you'll need to get accustomed to a bunch of new guns and tactics as well as defensive and offensive places as the old maps have been rebooted with different crate/box/barrell locations.
  • Yeah, that is one thing I've noticed about office. I can't hide on my filing cabinets next to paper. However you can get on top of that water cooler, not to mention the corner next to it is even steeper and your gun doesn't show, nor is there a shadow, so if they don't check corners you've got em!
  • I had fallen inlove with the pump action shotgun in CSS, ive only played a few rds so far but i didnt notice a suitable replacement. Sawed off is highly amusing, went 13-3 with it on Office as a terrorist.
    My fiance starts school again shortly and Ill be working more erratic hours come september/october so ill have more downtime. I see a lot of CSGO in my future haha, Ill add the PC dudes when Im on next.
  • edited August 2012
    Well, first impressions are that I.. am finding it awkward to play. Having played CSS for years, this definitely feels different. In a way, I think they've improved it a bit too much when the old mechanics were fine. Also feel there's a bit too much detail in maps. Been playing Assault mainly, and the map "improvements" are a little annoying. Not to mention that you have a hard time telling whether it's friend or foe. I'm sure that with further play, I'll get used to it all, but the main question is whether I can be bothered to spend months doing so, lol.

Firstly, the controller issue. After you first start the game a lot of players are joining matches and all of the controller presets are blank. You have to adjust them. Kind of funny. Happened to me.

Secondly, the mic mute issue. I've seen this several times from several players. If you join a "party game" and the host starts searching for a match, all others with a mic in that party go mute to the host. The guest can hear the host talk but the host can not hear them.

Then you have the match finding issue. Well let's face it, the system they have in place now sucks. It won't locate or connect to a game, and its even worse if you go at it as a group of people. However, its better if you have a party of 8 or more, the game will create.

Then there is a loading screen issue, it will get choppy. The hints at the bottom will start changing rapidly and the game won't load. You have to either restart your xbox or hope you can dashboard to get away from it.

Then there is a host issue. The way the game works for consoles is it adjust every match set to the best host, if the host then leaves it can go to shit quickly. That is to be expected though.

Ideas...

Then there is toggle acceleration. If I were playing on pc then I could turn my mouse acceleration of, they need to give us the same option for controllers.

Team chat/Pub chat

I want to be able to call a vote. Would be nice if we could choose when we want to chat.

Remove the AWP from competitive. Its not used in CSS now, it shouldn't be in GO.

Remove motion blurring, it kills the console frame rate even more.

Give me some more maps!

Either way, I am disappointed with the severe lack polish Valve has put into consoles. The game itself is a lot of fun and I have really enjoyed it.

A lot of players were concerned about small kids, we know how they are. I'm not really seeing that on GO. They generally don't like it. No health regen, no perks, no tubes = boring. They don't appreciate the skill behind the gunplay, or the tactics each team has to use to accomplish a goal. The kids I find playing this are actually a pleasure to talk with and frag alongside, so don't shy away from the console for that reason.

I really can't think of much else, anyone else have any thoughts?
    Nah ur wrong.
  • Well, first impressions are that I.. am finding it awkward to play. Having played CSS for years, this definitely feels different. In a way, I think they've improved it a bit too much when the old mechanics were fine. Also feel there's a bit too much detail in maps. Been playing Assault mainly, and the map "improvements" are a little annoying. Not to mention that you have a hard time telling whether it's friend or foe. I'm sure that with further play, I'll get used to it all, but the main question is whether I can be bothered to spend months doing so, lol.
    Assault has always changed with every Counterstrike. 1.6 version was the best, CSS version was the worst. This fits in the middle.