Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CS:GO

edited August 2012 in General
Hide yo wife hide yo kids they shootin everybody up in here!

Ive taken the dust off my Steam account and am playing CS:GO, anyone else who's down for some shootins should post here/message me :)

Comments

• Get off muh game or I'm shoot you!
  • Gonna be crackin at it on xbl
  • does it go cross-platform? like PC vs 360 vs ps3
  • Is it good and worth me getting it?
  • edited August 2012
    does it go cross-platform? like PC vs 360 vs ps3
    Yes.
    Is it good and worth me getting it?
    Absolutely. This game is actually cheaper than the 8 year old game it's remaking.
  • From what i heard it didnt go cross platform from 360
    But i might pick it up for the 360
  • Yea I'm playing on 360 apparently its not cross platform but might be in future.
  • Fuck, I was hoping it would be, I'm gonna try the 360 demo tomorrow before I buy though.

Still not a spit lick fuck in hell that a controller will compete with a keyboard and mouse though.
  • Bought it for PC its pretty sick :) then again I played the shit out of 1.6 and css
  • So.. thats.. a new counter strike? Damm thats a game I havent played in years.. - Hopefully my steam account still works
  • Its cross platform PS3 vs PC vs Mac

but not XBOX...cos apparently it couldnt keep up. Anyways PS3 players should get creamed. Zeal add me on Steam, search LoosSerine
  • The PC version is the one to play. :)
  • has anyone ever used those ethernet to mains plus? if so are they anygood ?
  • Well I might get it for ps3 and see how it is

I prefer console gaming. If all else fails I found this interesting

http://m.ign.com/articles/2011/08/26/counter-strike-go-to-support-move-mouse-and-keyboard-on-ps3
  • Console gamers will get raped by PC. Will go to show how little skill console fps gamers have....considering half the time it aims for them.
  • No cross-platform play. Valve probably thinks that, even with the help, console gamers will still get annihilated, lol.
  • I don't know what part of my steam account is my user name, but add either Zeality or oilcitydangles
    Been years but it all comes back to ye haha
  • Ill be buying it here in a week. From what i heard about the cross platform though, it had more to do with microsoft balking, they didnt want to work with sony in any way. But hopefully all of that will change soon enough.

The gameplay is nearly the same, inaccuracy, listening for sound, and such. I had a lot of fun with that.
  • Oh I forgot PC gamers are so much better because they can point and click XD

Yes I went there
  • edited August 2012
    Nobody is saying they are more skilled just that the controls are not evenly matched. In CS you pretty much need a head shot, at least that's what I've noticed, and if you don't get one you're going to get owned. A mouse is much easier and faster to do this with.

I never got into first person shooters before. When I see someone I'm happy to just get the gun on them. I'm getting a little better but the first person to target the head almost always wins that fight, and a lot of these guys head shot you on sight. You're lucky if you even see them.
  • They must be cheating dank....probably in xLTx
  • edited August 2012
    Oh no it's definitely that I suck. I even panic sometimes when a guy runs up on me cuz I'm a total noob. Got kicked last night in my last game they said dude wtf was that and voted me out. I was shooting every direction somebody was outside a garage and I didn't know where.
  • edited August 2012
    Nobody is saying they are more skilled just that the controls are not evenly matched.
    Console gamers will get raped by PC. Will go to show how little skill console fps gamers have....considering half the time it aims for them.
    Ummmm...
  • Lews is right though, I think the console fps's have a certain amount of auto-aim. Not necessary on PC because you can be more accurate with a mouse.

Point-click is more accurate than move-joystick-and-hope-you-didnt-move-too-far-and-squeeze.
  • I just want to point out that the comparison isn't possible.

Lews is right in the fact games will have a certain degree of aim assistance but that is no means an auto aim that takes no skill.

The handicap is in place not because of a lack of skill just a harder method is being used.
  • Harder method being used was the point though; they can be better, but they're still using a harder system of control.

The issue when mixing the two is: will you give them too much auto-aim that they have an advantage, or not enough that they'll be hard-pressed to keep up?
    Hope they strike a good balance when they make it cross-platform :)
  • I have to say, while i was playing the demo, i didnt feel any auto aim at all.
  • Tbh when I was really into playing cod with a clan I was in at the time most of us turned aim assist off.

I think you are underestimating how good console gamers have become with "joy sticks"
  • edited August 2012
    Thing is i was just trolling.

Both platforms have a different level of skill. With consoles, because its emphasis is on smaller multiplayer groups, therefore more on teamplay and co-op, whereas PC players have a lot of keyboard warriors and theres a bunch of score-whores who only play for k/d ratio. In other words, PC gives carebears and bushwookies (snipers) ample space to sit and camp and pick off players without helping their team.

The true top players on both platforms have just as much skill as eachother. I happen to be close friends with 2 top players in their respective fields (Former BF2 SouthAmerican champion/CPL player and current UK CoD:MW3 champion (4th in the world i think)), and watching both play is like watching Messi taunt every La Liga defender. Insanely accurate and almost cheating like ability to second guess enemies around corners.

Having played competitive FPS in the past on CS 1.6 and CSS, I've met and played alongside players who in pub matches would get insane scores but come competitive match would look very average. As I was trolling in my previous post, I'd like to point out aim isn't everything. Yes having great reflexes in shooting is advantageous but its also how clever of a player you are which is the same for console gamers. The awareness of enemies and what to do (etc, plant bomb/capture the flag or kite the enemy and pick them off....etc)
  • edited August 2012
    Though, I will still say come cross-platform, PC players will rape all console players. This is in all seriousness as Counterstrike has always been more about aim, your first 2 bullets make the most difference and the quicker you unload them on your target the better you are. Plus unlike all the other FPS games out there, there is no health packs (quake, UT) or regenerating health ala Cod, BF3.

Plus framerates matter a lot on CS as if your PC performance isn't great you will struggle, therefore playing PC players with better rigs will affect console players. Reason I quit CSS competitively as I started to realise having 20-30fps vs players with 120fps meant they always had that micro-second of seeing me or loading their bullets into me faster.