Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chic-Fil-A

Comments

• Look I support gay marriage but that still doesn't mean we can sit here and try to ban an establishment for the owner's views. Instead what you can do is boycott is which is a legal and viable option.
    wow this almost pains me to do this :)

• Look I support gay marriage but that still doesn't mean we can sit here and try to ban an establishment for the owner's views. Instead what you can do is boycott is which is a legal and viable option.
    That's pretty much identical to my view.
  • edited August 2012
  • edited August 2012

You understand all Christian groups are opposed to homosexuality? It could be a freaking Christian homeless shelter so lets not take things out of context here.
    Patently and absurdly false. Anglicanism allows it, some Baptists [albeit the minority], Christian Reformed Church in Europe, some Lutherans... there are over 100 sects of Christianity. There are specific Christian groups that support homosexual marriage specifically.

No you are wrong again a city or local government does not have the right to ban an establishment based off their own personal beliefs. That is called discrimination.

Announcement of support of a hateful agenda and pouring millions of dollars in support to a group designated as a hate group [Family Research Council]. There is zoning to contend with, and giving preference to one organization [that isn't hateful] over another [that is hateful] is perfectly legal, especially if the good people of that region do not want the business located there.

I'm slightly disturbed by not only your egregious amount of ignorance on the subject but by your and others here candid nature on denouncing giving people equal rights under the law due to the sexual organs that they prefer.
  • Why would gay people want to get married when the principle of the marriage they want is the same that was created by the very people that have critisised them for hundred and hundreds of years?

Why not use the effort in legalizing a ceremony of their own that gives them the same legal rights as marriage?
    Coz seriously that would make more sense.

Marriage now days means nothing to people it's just a piece of paper that makes life living together legally easier and cheaper. So it would makes sense to me that you give the same powers that being married is to gay people but having their own ceremony that way makes both parties happy. In all honestly why would you want to get married in a church in the eyes of people that have been against your very beliefs and in any other part of history would have been killed for it :/
  • edited August 2012
    You don't have to get married in a church.
    Legal recognition and benefits.
    Churches didn't honor interracial marriages 60 years ago in several countries, including the United States.
    There are churches that recognize gay marriage.
    Separate but equal has been tried in the past and it didn't work out so well.
    Marriage is a legal thing, not a church thing. Marriage was an established practice LONG before Christianity.
  • I'm just say I know each religion has their form of marriage but the one in question is Christianity seriously fuck em you aren't going to change their beliefs derp do why not focus on a different angle like legalizing a different form of marriage hell make a gay religion why try to do what everyone else is doing and do their own thing who cares what everyone thinks
  • edited August 2012
    Not trying to change some Christian churches interpretation of marriage - trying to change the legal definition.
    You're not grasping it yet - they are two different things. CFA has actively supported groups designated as "hate groups". People that pay to stop other people from being permitted to legally wed is indeed an issue.
  • Wait aren't we arguing the same thing but worded differently?
  • You're proposing separate but equal. There are already churches that recognize gay marriage - that isn't the issue. I would never attend a church that does not support equal rights for human beings, nor would I support a business that would do so.
  • So don't? Christians have been raping alter boys since the dawn of time still fuck heads go there and listen to their hypocritical bullshit dribble for donkey years. I believe in treating those how you'd like to be treated etc but not the whole stone people to death for being different and holy wars and raping of children etc...

Everyone has their different opinion but everyone believes theirs is the right way look at the middle easy.

Way I see it.... Fuck it lol
  • A different opinion that is discriminatory isn't right. I feel a bit better about myself not supporting target, bestbuy, and now CFA due to this issue.
  • I'm sorry, could you guys please use English in here?

All I see is a bunch of bleating.
  • Viva la Fil-A-Chic!
  • I'm sorry, could you guys please use English in here?

Explain.
  • edited August 2012
    I'm sorry, could you guys please use English in here?

Explain.
    He's calling us sheep because he thinks he's clever and above the dialogue between two individuals discussing their views on a pop-poli subject. I forgot that juveniles in the 90s acted in a similar manner to gain acceptance from their juvenile peers. He's acting like a kid; it's cute.
  • XelXel
    edited August 2012
    I'm calling you sheep because so many of you get all worked up over pointless shit.

It's just another little hot topic that will be completely forgotten in a week when the media gives you some other little thing to get bothered over.
  • I honestly dont know what we are talking about lol

i just wanna Fil-A-Chic :P
  • Xel was arguing about this before it was cool 8)
  • nice glasses bruh
  • Arguing current events = sheep.

Let's just go ahead and tell those 5th graders that Social Studies used to be called History before they added a bunch of other unimportant pieces in.
  • I'm calling you sheep because so many of you get all worked up over pointless shit.

It's just another little hot topic that will be completely forgotten in a week when the media gives you some other little thing to get bothered over.
    Thank you for reinforcing my point, kid. I wish I could sit with the cool kids like you bro.
  • XelXel
    edited August 2012
    I'm calling you sheep because so many of you get all worked up over pointless shit.

Thank you for reinforcing my point, kid. I wish I could sit with the cool kids like you bro.
    Too bad, I don't let tools into my circle. You wouldn't like it here anyways... not enough tranny cocks for you.
  • Starring Xel

• I'm calling you sheep because so many of you get all worked up over pointless shit.

Too bad, I don't let tools into my circle. You wouldn't like it here anyways... not enough tranny cocks for you.
    I insult your maturity and intelligence, you go on a homophobic tangent.
    In a thread about homophobia.
  • I honestly don't think anyone has a problem with homosexuality (in this thread) we are just concerned that the rights of a business do not get trampled on.
  • Those damn queers, poisoning our children with their demonic views on life! What they choose to do with their lives is entirely our business, how dare they be so selfish.
  • Yea I hear you. I suppose we should keep that concern.

That being said I hope Chick-Fil-A has to fight tooth and nail legally to ensure their rights.

And jayr, don't respond to someone who doesn't care, or who is a fuckhead that could later proclaim he was "trolling." Dude's not worth the cum crusted on his mom's face.