Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chic-Fil-A

edited August 2012 in General
I truly don't understand, Chic-fil-a stated their PERSONAL opinions of what they believe in. They stated that they DO NOT discriminate in their business against ANYONE all they did, was admit to the world what THEY believed in. In other words they expressed their LEGAL beliefs, after all we are FREE citizens in America. And to all the "high ranking" officials in the "big" cities who state they will not accept "intollerant" companies, who is being intolerant? Someone who is simply stating there opinion, or someone saying "I will not allow your company because of your beliefs in our city". So please tell me who is TRULY being intolerant?!?! This whole situation has been blown COMPLETELY out of proportion!!! I truly hope that people see this for what it is, that Chick-Fil-A is simply expressing their rights/beliefs as free American citizens, and are NOT discrimination against anyone as far as their business is concerned

Comments

• Id much rather Fil-A-Chic
  • They are being gigantic thundercunts and their line of thought is pretty stone-age.

And I quote, "we are inviting God's wrath by allowing same-sex marriage", dah fuck they putting in their food?
  • I am not trying to argue wether or not their beliefs are true or not. I am simply arguing the FACT that they are free to express their beliefs and as long as they are not discriminating, etc, WHICH THEY ARE NOT then what is the big deal?!?!?!?!?!?!?! I would also like to see a link please to proof of that quote you have posted sir.
  • WHO CARES
  • WHO CARES
    My exact point, I am so confused b/c the MAIN argument of those who are "boycotting" the store and saying they boycott because they are being discriminate and one sided etc and having bigatory views. well the road goes both ways, who is being intolerant of who? someone who just STATES their views AND DOESN'T DISCRIMINATE. or the group that boycotts someone for their beliefs.
  • http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=401559

i only know of this because a good hockey player decided to back the company and it gave me lolz
  • ok, i give you that, the owner of a company did express his views on what he thought marriage should be, but his company DOES NOT discriminate against ANYONE so what is the problem.
  • WHO CARES
  • This is a quote from the sight you posted.

Cathy suggested that the nation could face God's wrath over the redefinition of marriage. I think we are inviting God's judgment on our nation when we shake our fist at him and say, 'We know better than you as to what constitutes a marriage,' Cathy said. 'I pray God's mercy on our generation that has such a prideful, arrogant attitude to think that we would have the audacity to try to redefine what marriage is all about.'"

This is the editors OPINION of what Cathy suggested HAHAHAH the actual quote only says their personal opinion(which they are legally entitled to) and also the part about "we know better" Is very taken out of context :).

My post stands, that this issue has no relevence, as in the company SIMPLY STATED theier personal view point on the issue, how does this have any issue with their company and how they operate.
  • Im with Flazer with this one.
    Why did you feel the need to polute this forum that has an outstanding reputation for only discussing intelligent, worthwhile, important debates..... lol

Still id rather Fil-A-Chic

Just sayin
  • edited August 2012
    Further, a report published by gay rights advocacy group Equality Matters earlier this month says Chick-fil-A donated more than $3 million to Christian groups opposed to homosexuality between 2003 and 2009, and nearly $2 million more in 2010.
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/under-god/post/chick-fil-a-president-reiterates-companys-stance-against-gay-marriage/2012/07/19/gJQAbgq2vW_blog.html

Oh look, the President of the company is using Chick-Fil-A's money to sponsor official anti-equality groups.
  • AND their name if worded differently spells out Fil-A-Chic! doesnt sound very homosexual if anything the OPPOSITE! unless it was a tranny wait isnt there someone on here that is in love with a tranny?
  • Differring religions, mixed races, same sex... nothing like imposing incomprehensible boundaries based on irrational fears.
  • The only reason I disagree on a whole with boycotting chick-fil-a is that nobody boycotts other big chain stores they brush aside some of the more morally ambiguous things. Such as walmart sweat shops, starbucks coffee trade practices and stuff like that.

I do agree with standing up for what you believe in, but NSG pointed out how the president is using Chick-fil-A money to finance different benefits. Thats kind of meh they are a private company plenty of other companies donate to things.

I say if you enjoy the food eat it, they don't practice unethical hiring policies and they haven't done anything illegal a older than dirt person who expresses their opinion shouldn't hurt my stomach any even if he is wrong
  • That's like ripping your pants and stepping in dog shit the same day. It's certainly a bigger problem to fix your ripped pants but you can certainly express your dissatisfaction about the dog shit.

Yea there are worse things in the world. It's a logical fallacy though to let one bad thing off the hook though just because other quantitatively/qualitatively worse things are occurring.
  • WHO CARES
  • Way more people than who care about you, me, or this game.
  • WHO CARES
  • Way more people than who care about you, me, or this game.
    And all of them are so easily manipulated by the opinion of one person. Where I'm from, we call those people "sheep".
  • Further, a report published by gay rights advocacy group Equality Matters earlier this month says Chick-fil-A donated more than $3 million to Christian groups opposed to homosexuality between 2003 and 2009, and nearly $2 million more in 2010.
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/under-god/post/chick-fil-a-president-reiterates-companys-stance-against-gay-marriage/2012/07/19/gJQAbgq2vW_blog.html

Oh look, the President of the company is using Chick-Fil-A's money to sponsor official anti-equality groups.

Jesus Christ, why must you turn this into something it is not.

My argument was simply this, they DID NOTHING WRONG OR ILLEGAL who cares what they spend their money on!!!

are you kidding me, if you are going to pull that out, why don't you look into EVERY COMPANY and see what they spend THEIR MONEY ON.

The issue is simply this both sides of the issue take things way to far, they are BOTH ENTITLED to their own views etc.
  • 2 points...

1. I LOVE Chick-fil-a!!!!!!!

2. It is America the Owner of the company can w/e the fuck he wants...and these gay/lesbian groups can say w/e they fuck they want....

...BUT the city of chicago can not DISCRIMINATE against this company just because they have a belief that is different from them...the beauty of america is that they LEGALLY can not do shit to stop him(this is a difficult pt for most around the world and the idiots here that do NOT understand our constitution)
  • Fil-a-Chic
  • they can say what they want, close on sundays, and spend their money how they want, but they do have reports of active discrimination

http://www.forbes.com/forbes/2007/0723/080.html
    ^ they've been sued 12+ times for employment discrimination, they say stuff like how they prefer to hire people who are married, they fire/don't hire people who are "sinful" or have other jobs/activities they don't agree with, they fired a muslim who wouldn't pray to jesus at company training

http://www.glaad.org/blog/chick-fil-sued-gender-discrimination
    they also apparently fired a chick so she could be a "stay at home mom" though i'm sure posting this will invite all kind of sexism from y'alls

i would say the cities probably can't ban them because that's just like one mayor dude making the decision but the uni campuses can stop them from opening places on campus if the students are voting against it (and some of them seem to be) because the students are just voting based on their personal opinions too :)

personally i wouldn't spend my money there and i'd vote that shit off my campus too but i don't have to because they don't exist in the mad sinful land of canada where we love gays and my gay friends go shopping to find pretty clothes to wear to pride <3
  • Dunno why a restaurant chain thinks anyone cares about their stance. If wendys said they would only serve to black people, id put a fucking facemask on and order my jrbacon cheeseburger thru the drivethru.
  • You're right N1m, they were stating an opinion. Western countries are generally free where you're allowed to say what you like, when you like (With some exceptions like promoting hate, discrimination etc). I can sit here and openly admit that I find homosexuals disgusting, and that's my opinion. No-one can tell me not to say it, I have every right to say it. However, once I start discriminating against them or saying I want them all dead, then we have a problem. Otherwise, who cares? These "officials" need to stfu.
  • Out of all of this, only one thing is absolutely certain....

Fred Phelps <3 chic-fil-a...
  • I wouldn't support a business that didn't support interracial marriages.
  • edited August 2012
    It is propoganda to distract you from more important things. Who you want to screw and marry shouldn't be as big of a deal as the police state gaining momentum and the wars we are fighting. This should not even be in the news. It is a christian restaraunt of course they don't endorse gay marriage. Go after the christian church if you have a problem.

It's like saying you disagree with the Hell's Angel's then attacking a guy on a moped.