Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Kingdoms: Era of Hyperspace Flux

13»

Comments

• Civil Wars!!!!!!!
  • I miss the 25 land reward or 50% money bonus rounds :(
  • Civil Wars!!!!!!!
  • Civil Wars!!!!!!!
  • Civil Wars!!!!!!!
  • The problem you all have with dw is that offensive power. No one wants to be on the end of that smoking gun, come war time they are quick to go for that very reason.

It's odd, because even though dw is extremely offensive no one realizes the power of all the other pt's or the potential havok they can cause.

I think we need to move away from kt's for a round ourselves and start experimenting with sk in our own parameters. Last round at the end we saw the gehfar/arbites war. As arbites was focusing on kt's gehfar threw all rules out of the window and started to slaughter. Arbites spent time focusing on kt's, and in the end they suffered from it. Gehfar on the other hand grew significantly because the players took full advantage of the war bonus.

So let's say for this round we nix the kt idea and go about war in a more reasonable fashion, because in the end, it isn't about who gets killed. Its about who comes out on top.

My proposal would be 5 day war's in the event it should/will arise. Free range, barring bashing. Alliance stat lines are taken at the start, and in the end we see who stands the strongest and they are declared a winner.

I suggest this because I think it will help in two areas. The first I believe would help eliminate all of the grudges. Not completely, but it would help. Secondly, players activity in war would increase. As al's it is hard to sway your alliance to throw away the resources on constant fails. But giving them a chance to grow instead is beneficial for everyone involved, which would obviously promote great growth.

What do you guys think?
    So.... AL's have everyone go DW. Roll out some massive goon offense and declare war. Boom. Victory.
  • i use to run my wars like that on s2, it was always more fun
  • The problem you all have with dw is that offensive power. No one wants to be on the end of that smoking gun, come war time they are quick to go for that very reason.

It's odd, because even though dw is extremely offensive no one realizes the power of all the other pt's or the potential havok they can cause.

I think we need to move away from kt's for a round ourselves and start experimenting with sk in our own parameters. Last round at the end we saw the gehfar/arbites war. As arbites was focusing on kt's gehfar threw all rules out of the window and started to slaughter. Arbites spent time focusing on kt's, and in the end they suffered from it. Gehfar on the other hand grew significantly because the players took full advantage of the war bonus.

So let's say for this round we nix the kt idea and go about war in a more reasonable fashion, because in the end, it isn't about who gets killed. Its about who comes out on top.

My proposal would be 5 day war's in the event it should/will arise. Free range, barring bashing. Alliance stat lines are taken at the start, and in the end we see who stands the strongest and they are declared a winner.

I suggest this because I think it will help in two areas. The first I believe would help eliminate all of the grudges. Not completely, but it would help. Secondly, players activity in war would increase. As al's it is hard to sway your alliance to throw away the resources on constant fails. But giving them a chance to grow instead is beneficial for everyone involved, which would obviously promote great growth.

What do you guys think?
    So.... AL's have everyone go DW. Roll out some massive goon offense and declare war. Boom. Victory.
    Wait....you might be on to something. Somebody needs to make this happen

What do you guys think?
    Wait....you might be on to something. Somebody needs to make this happen
    Im gonna have to agree even if its for 1 round it would be fun and interesting.
    And for once give BCart the proper data to show which KDs are too over-powered or not enough to even then playing field.
  • stop stealing the best wartactic ever: random grabfest...

with lower participation on KT's grabfest is the best way to do shit in here, hell id say fepo showed that earlier as wlel by just mass-warabusing dominating the round
  • stop stealing the best wartactic ever: random grabfest...

with lower participation on KT's grabfest is the best way to do shit in here, hell id say fepo showed that earlier as wlel by just mass-warabusing dominating the round
    I'd say it worked pretty well for us.. If you take into consideration that we grew about 20-30 million, while Arbites lost NW.
  • edited June 2012
    stop stealing the best wartactic ever: random grabfest...

I'd say it worked pretty well for us.. If you take into consideration that we grew about 20-30 million, while Arbites lost NW.
    I suppose the 2v1 had NOTHING to do with it. And of course the fact that we DOMINATED you guys in the 1v1. Yea true please use that strat I would love to war against this anyday.
  • I never said there needs to be war abuse, I only say fair grabs in war. Gehfar did a great job last round in listing the grab ranges, and I suggest alliances try it out. If it won't happen this round I plan on coming back next round and I would be more than happy to al, as long as the other al's go along with this.
  • Anyone else missing that 1 plat/tick right about now?
  • I am always in favor of knocking out the base of an alliance first. Start with some medium size KTs to build activity.
    I bet some formula's could be designed to find the optimal targets...factor in stuff like defenses, activity (probe and hits), offense, idk...leadership? values can be determined and so on, you guys are the sk experts! do it!
    Most people choose targets based on their lack of defense or the amount of damage they've been doing to your own players.

It's not the base of an alliance you need to worry about, they exhaust themselves array out and die off in the wars. The most important targets and most ignored targets are the ones that will be the base of the end round alliances. They often sit neutral and poorly allied all round just to form up into the top alliance when everyone else has exhausted their players in real wars. I told Cobra early on in Stunner that any non-war time is a waste, and if not at war he should be KT'ing someone just to kill a later opponent. Among that list were most of Laughing Cow's top players before they were too big to be easily killed.

For a strategy game, people really don't put a whole lot of thought into running their alliances.
    i like your style!