Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Kingdoms: Era of Hyperspace Flux

Comments

• Not the worst idea ever but you arent considering the implications. You kt high O guys because they are unstoppable in war, if you move to shotguns you may not come out on top. By the time Gefahr was creates, much of the servers offense was killed.
    Im all for stopping KTs as its a clear benefit for me haha, but its a bad idea
  • As I see what to you are saying I disagree. I am not saying kt's should end completely. Often times they justified for things such as bashing or extremely hostile kingdoms. But I think those would be best served outside of war.

Look at this way, in war time we kt those top offense kingdoms because of their power, but why not let them grow? Let the top kd's play the cat and mouse games they want to, but in war why focus on them? I figure if we start allowing those top offenses to live during war time then they will eventually grow to a point that they are forced to explore because grabbing would only lead to bashing, and that would lead to their demise only.

But one thing I want you to be clear on. As you said moving to shotguns means you may not come out on top, but isn't that a risk you take when warring to begin with?

I'm only trying to promote activity. As all wars are based on resources, this promotes growth for the victor. In the end, I find that to be a win win on all sides.
  • I am always in favor of knocking out the base of an alliance first. Start with some medium size KTs to build activity.
  • Could be fun if nothing else, i imagine with extreme activity you could actually destroy your opponent
  • Civil Wars!!!!!!!
  • Isnt mysti the only who didnt get a disadantage by this? Cus all PT's got even longer return times.. But the warleaders on mysti return just as fast as last round, compairing them to other pt's
  • yea but -15% attack str isn't anything to laugh at...sl won't even help them that much
  • Mysti got fucked by this as having a wl at tick is now pretty much impossible.
    Its still proportionally bad for all, but mysti has strats that relied on those return times. Not a gamebreaker tho
  • edited June 2012
    I always play mysti but I never played for 1 wl to return at the tick. Cus mosly you are in mob anyway, and its a bitch to keep up with RWC when u are top land.
  • hey darubian take that shitty turtle beach headset off and listen to your brain

shotgunning isnt new and i can show you how its really done mate
  • If you look at the top KDs last round, Mysti's gained land too fast to be able to do anything but build Defense. Slowing the land race down by 25% means they're going to pull away harder, so long as a good DW don't get at them in the first 3-4 days
  • FW is awesome.
  • Civil Wars!!!!!!!
  • Civil Wars!!!!!!!
  • Pos, two things.

First off, you clearly do not understand the point behind my post. I did not state that wars should turn to shotguns. Shotguns are useful at times but I am talking about fighting on a much larger aspect than just focusing on a single sector. But of course alliances could choose to continue the shotgun method, it has proven to work.

Secondly, I will take you on any day of the week in mw3. Invite your clan, I know mine is always interested in a fun match. Hell, ill even take you on one on one of that's your choice.
  • Civil Wars!!!!!!!
  • Rather eat my own poo
    One Talnoy, one cup.
  • I am always in favor of knocking out the base of an alliance first. Start with some medium size KTs to build activity.
    I bet some formula's could be designed to find the optimal targets...factor in stuff like defenses, activity (probe and hits), offense, idk...leadership? values can be determined and so on, you guys are the sk experts! do it!
  • Darubian has a warped version of last round.
    I bet some formula's could be designed to find the optimal targets...factor in stuff like defenses, activity (probe and hits), offense, idk...leadership? values can be determined and so on, you guys are the sk experts! do it!
    Most people choose targets based on their lack of defense or the amount of damage they've been doing to your own players.

It's not the base of an alliance you need to worry about, they exhaust themselves array out and die off in the wars. The most important targets and most ignored targets are the ones that will be the base of the end round alliances. They often sit neutral and poorly allied all round just to form up into the top alliance when everyone else has exhausted their players in real wars. I told Cobra early on in Stunner that any non-war time is a waste, and if not at war he should be KT'ing someone just to kill a later opponent. Among that list were most of Laughing Cow's top players before they were too big to be easily killed.

For a strategy game, people really don't put a whole lot of thought into running their alliances.
  • I was gonna sign up to kill Darubian but I see that as inevitable since he wants to play leader. I wont rape you Darubian have fun filling your aim with the homos.

As for round bonus just lol.
  • I am not actually playing this round. I thought i am only lurking until i see my hof.
  • edited June 2012
    Slow return time just aids the bots. It will take longer to kill them on a shrinking server. So even if people do get motivated this round they will have to put it off longer while the collective grows stronger. It also encourages farming. It typical BCart to aid the best cheater hes prolly a moderator.
  • itll defo encourage farming ill agree there, expecially if people are gettin 10 land hits with 20 hour returns, we are guna see a few peoples true colours this round thats for sure
  • Glad to see this on a round i dont plan on playing politically or very intensely. Though if SK continues this trend of getting worse at a horridly fast pace, might be done playing super actively for good. Highly doubt I'm the only one, either :-p
  • its a interesting round "bonus" but its better than the +1 plat atleast people will have to think more when they suicide just saying
  • Yeah, it does add an extra dimension.. Just a different type of bonus. Instead of being able to take advantage of the bonus, you have to try to limit the disadvantage.

• Secondly, I will take you on any day of the week in mw3. Invite your clan, I know mine is always interested in a fun match. Hell, ill even take you on one on one of that's your choice.
    HAHA mw3 on xboc the ultimate test of skill

pull trigger and win

what a fucking joke LOL
  • Civil Wars!!!!!!!
  • I am sure this round "Bonus" will deter turtling. Can we really call this a Bonus? Either way it sucks.