Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Newsroom

Comments

• I don't think he actually missed the shoes MG. There's no way for someone to hide that many pairs of shoes, or the expenditure for them. He probably just dismissed them initially, then when he needed more money, he was all, 'oh what else can I get from her..." etc. I mean, she hid them in some kind of 'secret room' in their NY apartment, ie, her closet? I don't think so.

Very creepy, what worries me more is that now they don't even know what he was on to make him go berserk.
  • While pirating is bad, I don't believe students should be penalized for something like sharing books, or worse, with this code thing in the book, you'd never be able to save money by buying a used book, because you'd have to pay for the code on top of that. And there is no law against sharing a book, or things like, oh my friend took the class last semester, and she's willing to just give me her book.

With this it's just: But wait, I still have to buy access to the online discussion board, or I get a lower grade.

At that point, buying access to a discussion board, it's not really about the book at all. This is a purely mercenary attempt to squeeze out every drop of money possible from an already indebted population.
  • edited June 2012
    http://newsfeed.time.com/2012/06/25/drybath-how-to-take-a-shower-without-using-any-water/

Somehow I do not think this would be a full substitute for an actual shower...

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,2099708,00.html?pcd=pw-nf

Some very interesting inventions here. Some I'd already heard about, but most were new. Here's one that made me laugh:
    ARTIFICIAL CLOUDS
    THE SIZE OF A JUMBO JET | The 2022 FIFA World Cup is scheduled to be played in Qatar. It's hot in Qatar; temperatures in the summer average more than 100F. Engineers at Qatar University have proposed a radical solution to the problem: huge artificial clouds that would float over the stadium, providing shade. The clouds would be lightweight carbon structures filled with helium and positioned by remote-controlled, solar-powered engines. The other solution, only slightly less radical, would be to hold the World Cup in the winter that year.

They put the Baguette vending machine on this list too MG. :P
  • I wouldn't call it a substitute either. Sanitizing != Bathing.

I remember hearing about that artificial cloud idea some time ago. What interests me is the flying yacht above it, especially this line: "its stark lines pay homage to Beijing's Bird's Nest stadium." Flying, sailing and stadiums aren't things normally associated with each other.

And they also mentioned a guy who changes his menu every 3 months. That's not an invention, that's pure marketing.
  • http://newsfeed.time.com/2012/06/25/drybath-how-to-take-a-shower-without-using-any-water/

Somehow I do not think this would be a full substitute for an actual shower...

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,2099708,00.html?pcd=pw-nf

Some very interesting inventions here. Some I'd already heard about, but most were new. Here's one that made me laugh:
    ARTIFICIAL CLOUDS
    THE SIZE OF A JUMBO JET | The 2022 FIFA World Cup is scheduled to be played in Qatar. It's hot in Qatar; temperatures in the summer average more than 100F. Engineers at Qatar University have proposed a radical solution to the problem: huge artificial clouds that would float over the stadium, providing shade. The clouds would be lightweight carbon structures filled with helium and positioned by remote-controlled, solar-powered engines. The other solution, only slightly less radical, would be to hold the World Cup in the winter that year.

They put the Baguette vending machine on this list too MG. :P
    Artificial clouds is old news dude. Its been used in China for almost a decade now.....as theres very little rain, we do it to get artificial rain by creating the clouds. I think it was german technology.
  • Look again Lews, they're not talking about seeding clouds they are talking about setting up motorized artificial ones. What they are thinking of doing in Qatar is basically making and using wide robotic airships to provide directed shade during the tournament.
  • Look again Lews, they're not talking about seeding clouds they are talking about setting up motorized artificial ones. What they are thinking of doing in Qatar is basically making and using wide robotic airships to provide directed shade during the tournament.
    Thats silly...next they'll be bringing in the alien ships from Independence Day.
  • well, they could change the timing of the world cup instead! That's not a problem, right? :P
  • well, they could change the timing of the world cup instead! That's not a problem, right? :P
    They coulda not accepted the bribe from Qatari oil rich royals...common knowledge now that the bid was dodgy...check up the head of Fifa Asia...got suspended just after on bribery allegations that BBC Panorama found.
    Actually that is rather difficult to do as it could create scheduling conflicts with the major European football season where most international players make their living and it's possible that club teams might not release the players for the event.
    Actually that is rather difficult to do as it could create scheduling conflicts with the major European football season where most international players make their living and it's possible that club teams might not release the players for the event.
    Yup.
  • o.o srsbsns answer
    Better chance for America to win! (errr, last longer)

• Important soccer news!
  • If it's from The Onion you know it must be true!! I mean what's more credible than news from a future even further than where i live?!
  • Soccer is gay we all know....football is the straight sport. Association football.
  • ... The hell did i just read...?
  • Fuck them reality tv broads...they should all get ganked.
  • Much better! That's life changing stuff right there. Except it's Monday already so i missed any benefits of the leap second... :(
  • Page not found.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-18673220

Is it bad i'm more surprised over the fact that they have been charged than the charges and acts themselves? I would have thought such practices are somewhat common knowledge so to see them actually charged for it is the big part for me.
  • "We have learnt from the mistakes that were made," Mr Witty said. "When necessary, we have removed employees who have engaged in misconduct."

I like the American spelling of learned better. That just looks hideous to me.
  • pospos
    edited July 2012
    mum or mom

colour or color

I know which words make more sense and it aint American.
  • You spelled ain't wrong. And of course the American English system makes more sense.
  • mum or mom

colour or color

Don't talk shit and use the word "ain't."
  • mum or mom

colour or color

Don't talk shit and use the word "ain't."
    What....i dont understand...shit and aint are similar.