Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anarcho Capitalism vs Government

edited March 2015 in General
I'm having a discussion with someone who believes in ACapitalism, and thus far I've realized that there are now 3 types of dumbasses in this world. Does anyone believe in this shit?

Comments

• Yes, there are those who are confident that they do not need a master to live their lives
  • edited March 2015
    Yes, there are those who are confident that they do not need a master to live their lives

101 Things to Do 'Til the Revolution: Ideas and Resources for Self-Liberation, Monkey Wrenching and Preparedness Paperback – Jan 1999
    by Claire Wolfe (Author)

In her famous opening line to this book, Claire Wolfe says that "America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards." And by the bastards she mostly means the federal government.
    She then proceeds to list 101 things to do until the inevitable time comes to shoot the bastards. If I actually followed her advice, I probably wouldn't be writing this--certainly not under my name. But like Wolfe notes about a certain kind of libertarian, I'm probably more of a thinker and less of a doer. Nevertheless, I enjoyed the book. Above all, I think hers is a motivational book to get us through the awkward stage.
    Besides inspiration, this book also serves as a reference with lots of good book and periodical recommendations where you can better immerse yourself on the topics. Much of the advice is on survival, so if you're looking for a simple primer, this might help. One criticism is that although Wolfe says it's too late to work within the system, she encourages readers to join gun rights and privacy groups that, it seems to me, are trying to change the system.
    But in the end, Wolfe walks her talk and I respect her for that. Her passion about liberty comes through and it is very heartening. If you like this book, she also keeps a great blog.Note: This book is written from a libertarian/free-market
    perspective. It presumes a commitment to: gun rights, drug
    legalization, free minds, free markets, the elimination of taxes,
    the abolition of federal police agencies, and the least possible
    amount of government — maybe no government at all. If you
    fall elsewhere in the philosophical spectrum, you probably
    won't like some of the ideas here (though I hope you'll keep
    an open mind). In any case, feel free to adapt the techniques
    to your own positions. Have fun.

Note: This book is written from a libertarian/free-market
    perspective. It presumes a commitment to: gun rights, drug
    legalization, free minds, free markets, the elimination of taxes,
    the abolition of federal police agencies, and the least possible
    amount of government — maybe no government at all. If you
    fall elsewhere in the philosophical spectrum, you probably
    won't like some of the ideas here (though I hope you'll keep
    an open mind). In any case, feel free to adapt the techniques
    to your own positions. Have fun.
  • I personally want no part of a violent overthrow. It would just create a power vacuum that I want nothing to do with. I think that through education and economic opportunity, we can move beyond our reliance on governments. To me it's a process in the evolution of humanity, not something I wanna wake up to tomorrow.
  • I personally want no part of a violent overthrow. It would just create a power vacuum that I want nothing to do with. I think that through education and economic opportunity, we can move beyond our reliance on governments. To me it's a process in the evolution of humanity, not something I wanna wake up to tomorrow.
    I agree. In a perfect world something like this may be capable of being accomplished, but I for one believe government is a necessary evil. Sure lets privatize most of what we do and have, but is feel much safer at night having a representative government to pass laws for the betterment of a civilization / society. Without punishment to those who wish to take that which is not theirs, it would be like the old west all over again.
  • We could all learn from Norway.
  • You assume that a stateless society would not have a police force. There are many Ancaps that have developed a decent theoretical model for how policing would work.
  • So who would police the police? There is no laws or basics of how an individual can act, nor punishment for overstepping ones boundaries?
  • the free market would police the police. most AnCap philosophy centers around the non aggression principle. this is why most of us push education at the moment, because the population as it currently is has been broken, mostly due to terrible parenting.

i'm not the best person at this, honestly. if you youtube Freedomainradio you will find a lot more intellectual approaches to how this works.
  • So who would police the police? There is no laws or basics of how an individual can act, nor punishment for overstepping ones boundaries?
    This is where Michigan Militia is right...the right to bear arms..
  • another thing to consider is that anarcho capitalism does not exclude governments, it simply states that a government cannot be mandatory. so if you believe in government, under our way of thinking, you could volunteer to join one.
    so why didn't the Americas stay British? why didnt they just try the method you say?
  • because america was not anarcho capitalist?
  • because america was not anarcho capitalist?
    see... that is an answer that makes sense... or at least some
  • another thing to consider is that anarcho capitalism does not exclude governments, it simply states that a government cannot be mandatory. so if you believe in government, under our way of thinking, you could volunteer to join one.
    Exactly. +1
  • edited April 2015
    America needs a revolution, More self governing and less big government.

limited government, less thieving of our paychecks, get rid of public/government assistance stop rewarding people for being jobless scum fucks.

and for fucks sake AUDIT THE FUCKING FED BECAUSE THERE IS NO MORE GOLD LEFT IN OUR COUNTRY.

Fuck the gov.

Paul for president!
  • I don't like the idea of violence, but I can't disagree with the rest. I guess my question there is which Paul?
  • His name is paul
  • edited April 2015
    America needs a revolution, More self governing and less big government.

limited government, less thieving of our paychecks, get rid of public/government assistance stop rewarding people for being jobless scum fucks.

and for fucks sake AUDIT THE FUCKING FED BECAUSE THERE IS NO MORE GOLD LEFT IN OUR COUNTRY.

Fuck the gov.

Paul for president!
    **inserts red bow**
  • I don't like the idea of violence, but I can't disagree with the rest. I guess my question there is which Paul?
    Ron Paul? I support his ideals. Not all of them. I don't like violence either.
  • America needs a revolution, More self governing and less big government.

Fuck the gov.

Paul for president!
    i've been doing some reading, and the government assistance is also in existence in Canada. My limited experience tells me that this system needs a major overhaul - if you don't scrap it all together.

I read the history of social assistance, and i found out that, it was created to assist soldiers who come home from war, and to give them a bridge income before they integrate to the civilian society and find a new rewarding career.

Correct me if I am wrong, but the new beneficiary of assistance in the current system does not have to be from the veterans pool. They are civilians who experience form of poverty/mental illness/ or kids of people receiving the assistance. AND the sad part of this program is that --- the money is not even for their education to get better. More or less, they are given cost of living expenses.

I personally do not agree with giving them cost of living expenses (heck, we all can use boost in our own living expenses) .....there should bridge program to keep these people to become employable, or at least, run their own business.

To conclude, supplying them(social assistance recepient) with steady income is not helping them or the taxpayers who contribute to the budget. At some point, the financial budget for any nation needs to be reviewed in 5 year term I believe and we are currently at a deficit already.
  • edited April 2015
    I just think its funny that New Englander's accents are closer to the sound of 18th century English
  • By that I mean the way that Shakespeare would have truly sounded
  • The first step for the United States is the abolishment of this industrial age education system we have. I live in the wealthiest town in my state and attend the public highschool which is considered a good school, but the way the teach us here and many other places in the United States, is archaic. And they try to modify it like every two years yet all this does is cause more problems. They need to completely redesign it. It is honestly sad how misinformed the youth are becoming, and if you stray out of my town it only gets worse.
  • America needs a revolution, More self governing and less big government.

Fuck the gov.

Paul for president!
    i've been doing some reading, and the government assistance is also in existence in Canada. My limited experience tells me that this system needs a major overhaul - if you don't scrap it all together.

I read the history of social assistance, and i found out that, it was created to assist soldiers who come home from war, and to give them a bridge income before they integrate to the civilian society and find a new rewarding career.

Correct me if I am wrong, but the new beneficiary of assistance in the current system does not have to be from the veterans pool. They are civilians who experience form of poverty/mental illness/ or kids of people receiving the assistance. AND the sad part of this program is that --- the money is not even for their education to get better. More or less, they are given cost of living expenses.

I personally do not agree with giving them cost of living expenses (heck, we all can use boost in our own living expenses) .....there should bridge program to keep these people to become employable, or at least, run their own business.

To conclude, supplying them(social assistance recepient) with steady income is not helping them or the taxpayers who contribute to the budget. At some point, the financial budget for any nation needs to be reviewed in 5 year term I believe and we are currently at a deficit already.

you wrote too much for me to bother reading all of it but i skimmed through your post and you are correct, they give assistance to people of pverty which motivates them even further to NOT work and to continue to abuse our extremely flawed and fucked up system.

heres just a small example, if i make a $1,400 paycheck in 1 week, they(our corrupt government) will remove $400 or more from my pay so they can ;buy tanks and give it to poor people so they don't have to work.

its a disgustingly broken system full of corruption and deceit,
  • I just think its funny that New Englander's accents are closer to the sound of 18th century English

I assume you are talking about Massachusetts, Because Mass is really the only state in new england with very strong accents. I am from new england and in my state no one has accents unless they are from somewhere else lol

Maine, NewHampshire, Vermont, etc no accents ;)
  • Let's not forget the billions of dollars we send to regimes around the world that support terrorism (this includes Israel, before anyone tries to call me out about that nonsense)
  • Let's not forget the billions of dollars we send to regimes around the world that support terrorism (this includes Israel, before anyone tries to call me out about that nonsense)
    another disgusting fact

• I assume you are talking about Massachusetts, Because Mass is really the only state in new england with very strong accents. I am from new england and in my state no one has accents unless they are from somewhere else lol

I think you've spent too much time in New England. How do you say water? Water or wuda?

• I assume you are talking about Massachusetts, Because Mass is really the only state in new england with very strong accents. I am from new england and in my state no one has accents unless they are from somewhere else lol

I think you've spent too much time in New England. How do you say water? Water or wuda?

Well perhaps I stated it wrong. What I am saying is American English is closer sounding to the English spoken before received pronunciation. Before this English speakers pronounced the r in hard, just as in Americans English today. That's why some say Shakespeare sounds better when pronounced in American English. When I said New England I did because of course the southern and midwestern accents. It's funny that you mention mass because actually they are more like recieved pronunciation in that the 'boston' accent does not pronounce the r. Like drive the 'cah'
  • edited April 2015

Drink some wuda at the bubbla

I'm from Rhode Island and there is a fair amount of people who have that Boston type accent , always makes me laugh a little when I hear it. Not to mention when they say 'idear'!