Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The 1 hit per suicider/disbander rule

Comments

• You guys are absolutely ridiculous. I am far more amused then I ever thought I would when I first made this thread.
  • Just paying back all the times we laughed at u TY :-D
  • spreadsheeting isnt against the rules, no one even said that, maybe some random people who don't even know what spreadsheeting was lol

however if there are people who use bots to do spreadsheeting, or do all their macro for spreadsheeting, then that is using an unfair advantage as it is not done by human hands.
  • Actually it was Kes that thought of it and all the ALs and players including all the well known players at the time in the thread voted on it and said yes.
    You mean Kes decided to bring it back and the other ALs agreed, because it had been a rule before.
  • edited September 2011
    Actually it was Kes that thought of it and all the ALs and players including all the well known players at the time in the thread voted on it and said yes.
    You mean Kes decided to bring it back and the other ALs agreed, because it had been a rule before.
    I thought I had lost my mind there for a min..Whew

Also no one considers local spreads the forerunner for modern scanners? I mean most of the scanners/calcs of old were spreads ffs...

And I consider it unfair because when "How to use spreads" and scanners got posted in public forums they always got deleted *Till recently*..Meaning only veteran players had the knowledge/links and thus it was unfair to the community in general to use either imo...

But yes spreading by hand takes effort as is technically a skill I dont argue that I just dont see much difference between the two besides automated and manual lol

• The automated part is exactly why scanners were considered by some to be cheating on a minor scale. Excel sheets were never against the rules nor unfair, because anybody could use them. "Scanners" were unfair because not everybody had access to them.
  • I've never once seen a "How to use spreadsheets" post that got the axe. Though, I've never seen a "How to use spreadsheets" post ever get made.
  • I posted every guide ever made w/links some to scanners many times to try and level the playing field for new players and they all got deleted...I wrote it off to the scanners being in the post *I kinda tried to hide em* But I have a feeling it was biased mods not wanting to share the trade secrets of top building/Players in the same mind set reporting the posts.
  • edited September 2011
    Oi! Were the fck did u come from!?!?!Been awhile bro :-D

I knew why they "claim" they were deleted... For scanner links..Do I believe that was the only reason? NO.And like I said I personally dont see much difference between spread and scanners besides automated/manual.So teach your alliance mates how to do it or its still technically an "unfair advantage" imo...Cuz using excel is easy but some aren't well versed at it.
  • There is a huge difference between scanners and spreadsheets. I have used both, scanners are like 20x more efficient, easy to use and less time consuming. Using a spreadsheet is a pain in the ass, and I take my hat of to anyone that makes a top KD using them.

''Unfair advantage'' Wtf? What do u want everyone to be exactly the same size and nw? Is that what u consider fair? Haha.
  • edited September 2011
    spreadsheeting isnt against the rules, no one even said that, maybe some random people who don't even know what spreadsheeting was lol
    Uh...learn to read?

Reason for this "rule of thumb" was most tops use scanners/spreads to find open kds and banks which are viewed via game rules as a unfair advantage

You realize you're trying to pass something HG said off as a legitimate source of knowledge, right?

I used to teach anyone that wanted to learn how to spreadsheet. I would also give away banks and post a thread with all newbie kingdoms I found in my alliance. Then again, that was before newbie kingdoms couldn't be immediately identified from their id# and banks weren't simple to find just by copying the top 100 nw from two hours and comparing.
  • ''Unfair advantage'' Wtf? What do u want everyone to be exactly the same size and nw? Is that what u consider fair? Haha.
    Ah the hypocrisy. Isn't this the only reason you're giving for the 1 hit per suicider rule?
  • No I am not? What you say is a wrong interpretation of what I write?

I was the one asking JohnG in reply to his post to quote me the rule he was referring to. And as a result of that quesiton of mine it was made clear in this thread by several posters that there is no rule against spreadsheets?

Yeh, I occasionally am righteous. The misunderstanding here is you seem to think I am referring to the "spreadsheeting isnt against the rules" part of Frazers post, while really my intention was to show that it was said in here, referring to the "and noone even said so" part.
    I guess I misunderstood flazer's response. I took it as no one referring to BCart, Sinnox, or another mod.
  • modgy shut up will ye. that land wont be staying with you so lets stop the arguing and just play the game. You obviosly wont accept it was wrong so no point in dragging it on. Lets play already and see who wins our 1 vs 1

Ok, just quit calling me a cheater and I'll shut up. And it's on, which KD's are yours?
  • edited September 2011
    ''Unfair advantage'' Wtf? What do u want everyone to be exactly the same size and nw? Is that what u consider fair? Haha.
    Thats a bit of a contradiction bro and it plays both ways..If no one used scanners the playing field would be even across the board in a general way BUT size/NW wouldn't be the "exact" same,As there are exceptional builders and poor/new builders,And on the flip side if everyone used scanners ppl still wouldn't be the same size for the same reason previously stated...There will always be the higher caliber of players in the lead but the lead will just never be unreachable and thus competition would be "fair" YES.

But as it stands only a hand full of players put the time and effort into spreading and using scanners giving the "Few" an "edge" over the many and its evident in previous rounds when players who use scanners and spreads have a ridiculous lead over those who don't use em....Which I do view as unfair in a general way in regards to "Fair competition"

Basically because WE dont use scanners for whatever reason.. Its our fault we cant keep up with those who use em? So essentially WE HAVE TO DEDICATE TIME in creating spreads or using scanners if we wanna keep up in the long run? That dont seem unfair to anyone?Its like making fun of a noob leader for failing a PK when the veteran player uses a PK calc and was successful yet dont mention he used a calc -_- give the noob the calc and see what happens!

Thats why if the knowledge was posted in all alliances and in public forums per round I couldn't make this argument,As everyone would then have the option to use em. But in the past it was "taboo" to post links to scanners.And I rarely see spreaders sharing there info nvm teaching noobs how to create spreads or use scanners,Besides guys like moon who has shared targets/banks with me in the past and lynog gave me moo years ago...Still wont use it tho.

I honestly feel like i'm cheating myself out of a dynamic of the game meaning "Target hunting" thats where we should all be spending our time imo,Not "Target tracking".I look at it like "camping" in shooters,Eventually if you watch and wait long enough you'll catch someone with there pants down lmao...Hell I even removed the FF and cereal add-ons cuz it made things entirely to easy imo,Not to mention all the PK calcs and spread sheets i've been given over the years and didn't use then or now.
  • Frazers post
    Rule of Thumb by HG means its only been understood by HG, no one else.

HG is a complete idiot and never take any of his words. He doesnt seem to understand the difference of playing SK and just sleeping.

Trying to even argue against HG, seen by his whinefest of activity = you are unfair post is the most diabolically retarded thing Ive tried to read, but couldn't because it was so heavily en doused in down syndrome strawmen, no one even bothers trying to argue his points cause his own arguments proves he is wrong and is a retard.

BTW its not frazer
  • edited September 2011
    LOL Do I gotta list form my posts for you to understand em to flazer?! WTF is up with Canadians?!

You dont argue cuz its a valid opinion,All I see is poor attempts to troll *Grade school antics "Your retarded"* with no debate present.
  • Trust me, you are an idiot lol
  • Jesus you guys. In 1 day you make 96 posts...
  • My PK Calc has always been available publicly via the links thread in the old forums. I'd be more than happy to post it again if anyone wants it. Just send me a PM. I don't even know if PK's a viable with 5 sector alliances though.
  • Jesus you guys. In 1 day you make 96 posts...
    I thought about adding something relevant to the conversation... Then I realized they are all retarded. No matter who throws the most shit you still smell like shit.
  • edited September 2011
    I've always applied this rule to the first hitters that are large. This requires using common sense which deserves its own thread since many people are not sure what that is. If you are a large kingdom that hits a suicider 3x and gets a ton of land you're an idiot. This should not apply to kingdoms that are retallable, or just trying to play the game. There are specific instances where this must result in death.

ie. Undead has his group mate suicide and less then a minute later smacks that 3x. He's a top land kingdom and at that point he's completely stacked the deck.

We've all done this, and most if not all of us have died for it in the past. It happens and you know you're in the wrong when you do it. Now some other guy who is rank 50 does this and is just a land fat deuche at that point, who cares? If upsets you slap him. These people get KTed because the land can not be removed in a normal manner in a suitable time frame. For example two days later we are still trying to get breaks on this guy. His army is benefiting, his probes, and everything else due to it. This rule has existed for over 10 years it is not a 2ndC rule. They are only enforcing a well known rule and I support them in this. If they are better kingdom builders, have more time, or better strategy/recruitment so what. That's just part of the game. They are held to the same standard as the rest of us.

Now if we see kingdoms disbanding/suiciding and 2ndC is always getting first 1x hits in a domino effect moments later... that's another story, but we'll cross that bridge if we come to it. I wouldn't support them KTing Joe Shmoe over it either. I've seen no proof of this happening cross my desk.
  • Lol this is funny.. I thought 2ndC was essentially dead tbh :P i mean a few of us play and a couple of us came back this round.. Maybe you guys just suck :D
  • Dank has it spot on. This works itself out naturally a lot of times
  • Mal is a S2 nub...dun listen to him.
  • I love how dank calls it a rule that's been here for over 10 years. Makes this game feel truly epic :)
  • edited September 2011
    I promise you that it is true. People have just forgotten it recently. Most of the ALs over here I have never heard of until recently. No disrespect intended. It's a different set of standards. The rules were given life by players on server 2, and then s1 adopted them the next round, because it is fun to KT people over this. That is why it exists, and it's the right thing to do. Busting people makes it fun for players of all sizes not just the big hitters. A small guy can KT a big guy, in any alliance.

Every alliance back then enforced rules, but slightly different variations. LuminatX for example loved to retal with arsons. Everyone used to have banners with matches burning. Fenris was huge at supporting the rules they made it their mission the entire time they were here. Sure there were a lot of politics behind the scenes but if you managed to prove someone violated those rules they would carry out the act. Every single time without fail. Have people forgotten this is this really an argument? I used to screw Omni on these rules. One time I actually suicided on him just to get him to hit me 3 times. I argued with him on aim first. Told him I was suiciding him. Then got him KTed. He had discovered a bug to allow him to kidnap to have insane pop, and thereby insane soldiers. No other army was necessary. That was the only way to KT him, universal gang bang a day or two later. He was #1 in Fenris by a huge margin when they put up the KT on their own. A massive fight erupted as half the LT left Fenris and formed to stomp them. It was great, but it was also the end of Fenris.
  • lol dank, that comment is littered with half truths and half lies
  • edited September 2011
    Oh no my friend it happened exactly as I say. I was part of the council that formed the rules. Were you? Feel free to ask Juxta if you doubt me. He was also a member.
  • If you are part of the council that created them, then that must explain why they are so stupid.

Sounds to me like somebody got sick of getting beat by better players, "Oh lets make a rule so they can't hit suiciders more then once!".