Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Greatest Ever?

Comments

• Ash, Oh Darn was the kingdomname from Sportscars4fun.

I played that round on S3 as Oh Darn as a tribute to him. :P To get his name archived as top player.
    I miss Scott? "think that was his name", anyone in contact with him?
    Yes. He as pretty funny, with all the llama's and troll combined. I have not heard of him. I'd ask around.

@veii, Scotty is from US, right?

• i can't remember but think so, i think he's on my aim;-)
  • I by far think the best player to play SK was Eternias Revenge. Do you guys remember him?
    I think he was around the time when I left SK or starting to leave...LOL, I did not leave right away. I was one of those who was chained to SK because of friends who are still on AIM chat.
    10/10 dole
  • Sure, besides the fact it's harder to grow on S3 because you lack the targets to grow by hitting early on. There's no inactives to speak off, everyone's playing for fun and chaos, which makes it a hell of al lot harder to defend early on.

its harder if you plan to still make military, otherwise its just pure simcity and easy enough

going 90% money production isnt terribly difficult, since its just basically rr, and anything rr is easymode, ESPECIALLY without kidnapping

I played that round on S3 as Oh Darn as a tribute to him. :P To get his name archived as top player.
    Yes. He as pretty funny, with all the llama's and troll combined. I have not heard of him. I'd ask around.

Yeah he's US, Ohio somewhere, can't remember.
  • PUT IT IN ALL HTE PAPERS SK PLAYERS LOOKING FOR SCOOOOOTTT
  • edited January 2015
    Without doubt it was Sephiroth for kingdom building. Juxta was the best general I ever fought with and one hell of a builder as well. The vast majority posted are from the bot generation and in my eyes the game was already dead when they arrived.

Yeah he's US, Ohio somewhere, can't remember.
    Probably, close by Elegy.
  • top archives can mean something but they can depend on how competition is, era, and round bonus. Comparing scores from different eras is tricky since fewer people play now which should be a negative, but planet bonuses are better now which is a +.

I'm pretty good with mechanics/formulas too. As of right now I'm available for consultation
  • top archives can mean something but they can depend on how competition is, era, and round bonus. Comparing scores from different eras is tricky since fewer people play now which should be a negative, but planet bonuses are better now which is a +.

I'm pretty good with mechanics/formulas too. As of right now I'm available for consultation
    yes. population is low.
    so, your statistical sample not be representative of the ruling class.

• who won the last game? who is that? THAT person is CURRENTLY the best. if you disagree dethrone them. what's missing in this game for me is not knowing WHO of all these public forum people actually is winning.

didn't omni or vindi or someone used to post the end of round scores with a little commentary, that was cool. i want to know who won.
  • edited February 2015
    Lol stupid and pointless Veii,
    Make a kingdom last 2 days if you want to know. chefgreg i believe won s1 which counts for shit since everyone that meant something was killed by the multis. I won s2.

Anyway, if we look at the s3 scores posted earlier, "showing what seph could do", it shows what he didn't do just as much. Optimal nw on sephs land so much higher than what he got. With the size of the opposition he was facing there's no way he wouldn't have been able to get 145k land 145 mil round 12A. If he just endgamed longer. It shows a lack of endgaming skills. As far as before the endgame is concerned it's hard to say. That server was much smaller even than s2 is now so overall score can't really tell us anything. I got broken once on s2 last round and got 243 mil and 231 the other time I survived. If you adjust for the income advantage on s2, my s2 scores were both better than that 129 mil on s3. It's always a tricky argument going on archived scores.

Everything I hear and see s1 says that end rank means nothing on s1. Unless you have a UA-like group of friends helping you out or are friends with the als and can prevent becomming a KT if you're good and do anything of note for sector or alliance you get KTd, if not you might get multid. only if you whore or have lot's of powerful friends and play for score then you really can't win s1 anyway.
  • i didn't ask great builder. i asked greatest ever.

you are stupid if you argue with a simple question. this would mean you can answer a simple question. greatest ever doesn't limit to s1, s2, or sx. so, stfu, and answer the question with reason, NOT be a brainless twat concerned with bashing the question!
  • edited February 2015
    greatest builder = @JonesL_LFC ...hands down...i did not play as much as others...but pretty sure i watched him take a VI, DW, and TF to #1 and often be able to hit top 5 KDs safely.

greatest ever = can it be anyone but @Lynog_LFC_x2ndCx ...evidence you say... check the PFs...he can't get his name because it was stolen...he has the most hate messages...ask Hazza to provide HOF from past rounds if you want to use being #1 KT for evidence...#1 Kds yup he has those too...#1 alliances check again...o and for good measure does anyone else illicit the hate/pride in breaking as he does to the point there is a youtube video of him being hit (go ahead google it)

im out
  • greatest builder = Jonesy...hands down...i did not play as much as others...but pretty sure i watched him take a VI, DW, and TF to #1 and often be able to hit top 5 KDs safely.

greatest ever = can it be anyone but @Lynog_LFC_x2ndCx ...evidence you say... check the PFs...he can't get his name because it was stolen...he has the most hate messages...ask Hazza to provide HOF from past rounds if you want to use being #1 KT for evidence...#1 Kds yup he has those too...#1 alliances check again...o and for good measure does anyone else illicit the hate/pride in breaking as he does to the point there is a youtube video of him being hit (go ahead google it)

im out
    THIS IS WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!!!

Cobras brought it! that's what you bitches need to learn! #1s after #1s after #1s! stats....hate videos, this is what i'm talking about!!!

@cobras = applause!!!!
    @lynog = da best ever!
  • jones is ok.
  • just ok though.
  • edited February 2015
    greatest builder = Jonesy...hands down...i did not play as much as others...but pretty sure i watched him take a VI, DW, and TF to #1 and often be able to hit top 5 KDs safely.

im out
    THIS IS WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!!!

Cobras brought it! that's what you bitches need to learn! #1s after #1s after #1s! stats....hate videos, this is what i'm talking about!!!

@cobras = applause!!!!
    @lynog = da best ever!
    Well duh, I did say this at the start of your thread. Cobras is ma nig, he knows the score.

I also once, made the best MT kd there has ever been, i got to around 3500 land, waited till the weekend came so activity would drop and started money saving, late on the Sunday night i had over ten million stored after robs, i switched to Mobi and made 10000x1 tf so that they all popped out at the 12th hour, after that i spammed as many LDs as i could so that all the scared top kds who checked me would see i was just making defense and nothing more. As soon as the 12th hour came i had enough O to demolish anything on the server with ease and was able to also defend against myself (something i always liked to beable to do even if it was only me who could break it) what made it even more impressive was that bcart had left on a previous rounds bonus of a 100% income bonus and my kd consisted of not a single starmine, pfs and res only. Im by no means am clever guy when compared to some of the mathematicians like Flaz or Omni but that shit was impressive, although it couldn't really be called a strat.

Making monstrous KDs was the norm but the one time i actually ALed will still be my favourite round of SK, TrainingBra was the name, specifically made just to help out newbie players who wanted to learn more about building etc. I kept out any "top name" that i knew of and only let newbies in, in typical SK fashion the whole fucking server turned on us out of newbie mode and we were literally Uni warred from the first few days in the round till the last couple. We managed to stick together and fight like nothing i had seen before. Took out literally everything that stood in our way, it was touch and go for a while but we ended up no1 alliance by a long shot and had all the top 20 kds in the uni in our alliance. We killed that many people that no1 NW was like 12mill i think?

Anyways, that was and always will be my proudest achievement, took a hell of a lot of activity and it took me a very long time before my alliance fully trusted me but we got there in the end and im pretty sure most of the guys in my alliance will always have fond memories from that round just like i have. I made myself a whole new set of homies that round. TB fo lyf yo.
  • Masterful. The narrative is magnified by cobra`s delivery of so much evidence preceded by the pukes who just took a shit on the question. Masterdul, well done!
  • edited February 2015
    lynog, I did essentially the same thing twice on s2 about 6 years ago. It's a great 'strategy' if you have the activity for it (kind of a bitch). Works super well though, especially if you're running TCless. +100% income talk about a huge boost for an all res-MT. Save up for a day, put the TC in production and pound TF and some tanks when they come out. It's always nice for rocking all the top competition before the inevitable kt finishes up :)

As far as greatest ever it's Veii
    #1 most useless 'criteria' for comparison, #1 most generic question lacking specificity, #1 most hate directed against him in a #1 thread I've seen! well done!
  • This thread is exactly the reason you guys rarely see me on the pfs or s1 ;)
  • why you afraid to debate? why? why!?!? ahahahahhaa performance issues?;-) its ok, baby, they gotta pill for that!
  • edited February 2015
    What says I'm afraid to debate? This isn't debate. Do you even know wha tdebate is?

Let's go with a definition
    "to engage in formal argumentation or disputation with (another person, group, etc."
    that's exactly what I AM doing. It's also exactly what you're NOT doing.
    And I'm obviously not afraid of competition or someone being better than me. s2 can't compete with s1 in a popularity constest that includes s1 players that haven't played s2. There's no comparison.
  • edited February 2015
    If you think I should be afraid of performance issues, then actually evaluate my performance .... Hater. No one I can recall has really ever said anything bad about my 'performance' as an sk player so time to start. #ScarediCat
  • i don't even know you or why you came taking a shit on the thread, sir. i'm just givin it to you;-)

you didn't like the lynog love?
  • so who is Lynog?
    is he some supercharge version of Elegy?
  • he's a bad muthafucka that does play nice with the "elite" players! ahhahaaha i like him and i don't even know the cat!