Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Greatest Ever?

Comments

• Nominations would be :

Off of NW

Jones
    FTB
    TankWolf SK
    Mind Storm
    CapnFroggy
    Husgalz (my asian skank)

Strategy / Formulas :

Omni
    Flazer
    Miltu
    Seph

• Araville and Depressland sort of figured the math last round, despite the "other challenges" they have, they are about Top 40.

Waterworld lived on SK on the very olden days. He was probably one of the best builders before Vindicator.
  • Ya that was Ryan and Eric I ended 3rd
  • waddup Moogs, how are you homie? hope you had a good xmas mate.
  • I hate you fuckers... leavin me off these list? Cant there be a greatest Pie award? I'd probably end up third in that one too... fuckers
  • Does anybody know Mazian/Legend 9?
  • Doing good bro. You know I did it's the holidays. How u been?
  • 'Best player' is not something that can be defined by numbers. It's relative to what every other player considers 'best'. For example, Pie would never end up on my 'Best Players' list, simply because I don't view someone who relies on backroom dealings and politics to be the 'best'. Some might argue that a player who can come out on top politically, regardless of NW/land is the 'best'.

Even when numbers are involved, like top NW/land kds, they are very rarely the 'best', in my opinion. I don't want to say every rank 1 is a cheater, but most of the time they didn't get there through pure skill or luck. If there ever was a player who made it to rank 1 and stayed there, without relying on friends/NAPs, or hiding/making deals in the middle of wars to protect themselves, didn't cheat or farm, and existed solely because of luck, skill, and respect/fear, that would be the best player.
  • lemmy is a badass, but i'm biased.
  • 'Best player' is not something that can be defined by numbers. It's relative to what every other player considers 'best'. For example, Pie would never end up on my 'Best Players' list, simply because I don't view someone who relies on backroom dealings and politics to be the 'best'. Some might argue that a player who can come out on top politically, regardless of NW/land is the 'best'.

Even when numbers are involved, like top NW/land kds, they are very rarely the 'best', in my opinion. I don't want to say every rank 1 is a cheater, but most of the time they didn't get there through pure skill or luck. If there ever was a player who made it to rank 1 and stayed there, without relying on friends/NAPs, or hiding/making deals in the middle of wars to protect themselves, didn't cheat or farm, and existed solely because of luck, skill, and respect/fear, that would be the best player.
    so what is you're saying Xel, is im the best ever? thanks mate, but i already knew that.

doesn't matter how you get there, if you had to pick someone to make it to the number 1 spot and you could pick any sk player of all time, who would you pick and provide some damn good proof, not some emotional rant by some fool;-)
  • You're asking for proof of an opinion?
    Yeah, you emotional fool. Prove that opinion.
    xel...stfu for a second and read;-)

" if you had to pick someone to make it to the number 1 spot and you could pick any sk player of all time, who would you pick and provide some damn good proof"

xel, xel! ;-) breathe!
  • Yeah Xel, just prove your opinion.
  • hahahha
  • I'd give it to Jones, he's autistic. When he plays SK, he gets in the zone and shreds.
  • edited January 2015
    I'd have to disagree with ur evaluation of political manuvering. It's the best way to manipulate the game so that you and ur friends finish on top or are fighting for that top spot. Just bc u can make the best kd in the game for that moment doesn't mean it will finish there. Also most top players die in first month.
  • edited January 2015
    so then, there is no best?

because the "best" are killed because of backroom politics?
  • so then, there is no best?
    meadows.
    xel...stfu for a second and read;-)

" if you had to pick someone to make it to the number 1 spot and you could pick any sk player of all time, who would you pick and provide some damn good proof"

xel, xel! ;-) breathe!
    Maybe my reading comprehension is just terrifyingly bad, but all I'm seeing is still "Form an opinion, and then prove it."
  • I agree though in the past 40 rds I have played only a few with jones but he is always on top. He even smoked me back in the day when I gave a real effort :(
  • I'd have to disagree with ur evaluation of political manuvering. It's the best way to manipulate the game so that you and ur friends finish on top or are fighting for that top spot. Just bc u can make the best kd in the game for that moment doesn't mean it will finish there. Also most top players die in first month.
    Well, yeah, I did say some would argue that point. And it makes sense, in a way. 'History is written by the victors.' as they say. I still don't see them as the 'best' though. The 'best' wouldn't need to do things that way.
  • As an Al that's ur job xel. To make the best choices for ur alliance mates that will allow them to succeed
  • Well, I will agree with you on that. The best AL needs to be able to manipulate SK politics in his/her alliance's favor. The best player though?
  • If you're talking about politics then it'd prolly be between bedrock/neal/fepo.

They were always the "leaders" you had to beat when you were playing against them
  • lol fepo. I smashed him everytime I warred against him 1v1.
  • edited January 2015
    Oh, I have the record for biggest loss:

And also the record for worst NW/Land Ratio:

Oh... wait, this isn't the "Worst Ever" thread is it >_>

• lol fepo. I smashed him everytime I warred against him 1v1.
    i thought he smashed u everytime.
  • I could be biased towards with Lem too Veii. But he had the spreadsheet before everyone else.