Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PF WW II signups Babylon 5: The Coming of the Shadows

edited June 2014 in General
Alrighty here we go. The theme for this WW will be Babylon 5. For those who don't know, Babylon 5 was a science fiction TV series which aired in the 90s. It's probably my favorite sci-fi series to date. Here's the opening for season 2, which is were this WW will be starting

www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AXz_-Swp8Y

Fear not if you have no interest in the lore, I'll keep everything simple so you'll still be able to enjoy the WW.

Go ahead and sign up if you want. idk how the whole auto-signup list thing works, so if a mod *cough dole* could please post that list I'd appreciate it.

Signups so far:

Damdred
Loafery
Mages
SkyDragagonX
The Joker
TMonsta
Tyrsis
Bakery
Darubian
Cory
rohan
azalieo
phantom
UNreliable
meadows
Kloudi
pie
mysticassassin

Comments

• obviously dole is the only mod i'm in
  • Evil Damdred, evil.
  • i remember babylon 5...passed together with cruzade and some other sci-fi series...
  • Dole where is the list!!
  • Right where it was last time, make Damdred do it!
  • you in reliable?
  • This thread just made me start watching B5 again. Imo, it wasn't better than DS9 but was still pretty good.
  • edited June 2014
    This thread just made me start watching B5 again. Imo, it wasn't better than DS9 but was still pretty good.
    I watched both when I was younger (not really during their airing, but when I a young teenager) and I've watched both when I was a bit older. By far I think DS9 is the best star trek, and maybe overall is better than B5. But I liked B5 more, just enjoyed it. The main command staff in B5 are alright, but where B5 really shines is Londo/G'Kar. Their storylines are both just amazing, and I don't think DS9 has anything that can compare to them.
  • you in reliable?
    he's not...but i'm in
  • I agree in relation to Londo and G'Kar. G'Kar's spiritual journey, Londo's rise to power and their interaction was fascinating to watch although watching Quark/Odo and their love/hate relationship also had its moments.

The 'Shadow War' was a little disappointing in how it was resolved and I was hoping for it to be drawn out a little more. DS9's 'Dominion War' was brilliantly scripted though in comparison and also had well-defined bad guys with their own believable motives.

B5 felt a little empty somehow after the Shadow War storyline concluded but both series definitely have their pros and cons. I guess it boils down to which story you yourself prefer because they were similar in a lot of ways as well.
  • haha I'm not sure if you know, but the events ending in season 4 of B5 were supposed to be spread out through season 5. They weren't sure if they were gonna get a 5th season when the 4th season was filming, so they had to rush everything. So the shadow war and war with earth kinda got rushed. I think the way it would've worked out was shadow war takes up season 4, and finishing everything with earth would've been season 5 had they known everything was going to work out.
  • Never watched it and when I did watch a few episodes I didn't really get into it.

Starget beats all anyway.
  • edited June 2014
    haha I'm not sure if you know, but the events ending in season 4 of B5 were supposed to be spread out through season 5. They weren't sure if they were gonna get a 5th season when the 4th season was filming, so they had to rush everything. So the shadow war and war with earth kinda got rushed. I think the way it would've worked out was shadow war takes up season 4, and finishing everything with earth would've been season 5 had they known everything was going to work out.
    I see, I didn't know that. It's a shame that they couldn't plan out Seasons 4 and 5 as they had hoped then.
  • edited June 2014
    Stargate beats all anyway.
    Such a shame that it was cancelled. Definitely one of the best Sci-Fi series ever.
  • Stargate beats all anyway.
    Such a shame that it was cancelled. Definitely one of the best Sci-Fi series ever.

tapping still visit my dreams...
  • in
    What's with your new avatar?
  • Hunger games ffs
  • in
    What's with your new avatar?
    Looks to be a problem with thumbnails.
  • Haha I thought it was supposed to be a phantom.
  • i am here with the things and stuff and things
  • I understood all of Meadows post.
  • up to 14! I'd like to get to 20, but not sure we can. Gonna give signups at least 24 more hours
  • what new avatar Daru?
  • The thumbnail was off on your avatar for some reason. Same one you've had for a while.
This discussion has been closed.