Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ATTN: USA

edited February 2014 in General
Football is yours to keep... We will gladly take hockey.

Comments

• another good game though
  • For sure, won't knock them at all. Both teams were beat by the end, momentum was with Canada though.
  • BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM
  • I watched the end of the third on my computer at work :(

Men's game tomorrow, don't count all your chickens before they hatch.
  • Cant wait for tomorrow games Sweden - Finland and Usa-Canada
  • I'm mostly referring to the women's. Men's is still favoured for USA, but I dont count that. Canada has out played their opponents heavily in every game, the only thing has been the lack of cohesion.

USA is familiar though and our guys adapt fast. Look for a close game tomorrow, thinking 4 - 3 Canada in OT.
  • ATTN: Canada, sup?
  • Wait...women's hockey means something? Maybe in Canada, that's about it. It's a joke, really. Nobody in the world even comes close to USA and Canada in women's hockey. They should just let Can/USA have a best-of-seven series while everyone else dukes it out for Bronze. I can't believe USA blew that lead. We almost made that empty-net shot. Half of a puck's length to the right, and we'd be sitting with Gold in Canada's national sport.

When the men play tomorrow, USA will come out on top.

It does suck, however, that I have to root against my favorite player, Crosby. At least he's carrying me to my fantasy hockey championship after he wins his bronze medal.
  • our national sport is curling and lacrosse
  • our national sport is curling and lacrosse

Cat curling (40s)
  • edited February 2014
    Wait...women's hockey means something? Maybe in Canada, that's about it. It's a joke, really. Nobody in the world even comes close to USA and Canada in women's hockey. They should just let Can/USA have a best-of-seven series while everyone else dukes it out for Bronze. I can't believe USA blew that lead. We almost made that empty-net shot. Half of a puck's length to the right, and we'd be sitting with Gold in Canada's national sport.

When the men play tomorrow, USA will come out on top.

It does suck, however, that I have to root against my favorite player, Crosby. At least he's carrying me to my fantasy hockey championship after he wins his bronze medal.
    In Canada, women are equal to men. I know it's a weird concept but there it is.

That's hockey though, USA let up and it lead to a nail biting finish.

It's going to be tight tomorrow, but Canada will probably win again. I'll be pissed if Crosby wins it as he's been nothing but a pylon so far, Weber and Doughty have been slaying it.
  • Zeal and I are always up for hockey chatter :)
  • edited February 2014
    Basketball should really be America's sport it was created here and shared with the rest of the world. They even have wheelchair leagues. It's a sport pretty much anyone can enjoy at some level. It costs pretty much nothing to play. You can go into the most run down city on the planet and you'll probably find a basketball goal somewhere.
  • Basketball? That's for black people
    Baseball is for old men and fantasy nerds
    Football is America's sport
  • edited February 2014
    Basketball? That's for black people
    Baseball is for old men and fantasy nerds
    Football is America's sport
    You're talking about a ratio difference of perhaps 5%. About 70% of both the NBA and NFL are blacks which still count as Americans in most polls.
  • Umm hello. Quarterbacks.
  • Like the one that just won the superbowl right?
  • Because qbs=the whole mix of a sport obviously. basketball is the most american sport doesn't require insane athletics and if you practice enough you can compete mostly
  • although, to be fair, most players who are of mixed race end up being classified as black, so take that how you will
    Saw this, absolutely hilarious haha
  • You didnt see it above did you? :)
  • although, to be fair, most players who are of mixed race end up being classified as black, so take that how you will
    Its a power in the denominator thing...
    Sooo... who won?? :(:(:(
  • games on in like 7 hours
  • Thas one long game....
  • God damn just got called to a job 2hrs away. No idea how I'm gonna explain to the consultant that Olympic hockey is sacred.
  • haha poor zeal