Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SK Kingdomcom Canada Ottawa May 2nd-4th

Comments

• I live in north park but I work downtown.

You might have to hit me up now.
    I picture shining as a white guy whose skin is so pale it's shining in the sun.
    :)
    twilight vampire. lol
  • Roflmao Hispanic mutt, too many countries to name. =D Zeal...black? Really, tho?

I thought you knew me better than that D=
  • flames would bang anything with a wet spot
  • Roflmao Hispanic mutt, too many countries to name. =D Zeal...black? Really, tho?

I thought you knew me better than that D=
    I thought you just posted pics of your whiteness.
  • edited February 2014
    Lawl. I'm light-skinned as fuq. Pero soy boricua y colombiano, y otras cosas, manito.
    Not true, he'd just throw some pipe dope on it and go hard.
  • edited February 2014
    A one way flight to ottawa from here is costing $8000 dollars for May....
    30h trip duration
  • A one way flight to ottawa from here is costing $8000 dollars for May....
    30h trip duration
    Wait...my bad....mistake on monetary conversion....thats $1600 dollars lol
    Not true, he'd just throw some pipe dope on it and go hard.
  • practically free unreliable!
  • A one way flight to ottawa from here is costing $8000 dollars for May....
    30h trip duration
    Wait...my bad....mistake on monetary conversion....thats $1600 dollars lol
    thats still a lot
  • Its kingdomcon...and i won't be able to attend. Have fun boys :)

Moogles going, you an make it. Don't
    Be scared ;)
    Scared of losing in beer pong?? Haha.

I'm trying to save to put 3 kids through college brother. Can't run off to Ottawa for the weekend. If it was Windsor I would think about it. I even once made an SK meetup trip to toronto to meet Stephamunk and Bill Mesmer (rip).

ottawas not far from toronto. Make them kids get a paper route! Dont be nervous cory

Crash youre not cool :( I thought fellow canucks fans stuck together :(
    LOL WAT OTTAWA IS LIKE A 5 HOUR DRIVE ON THE HIGHWAY DOING 120

also ottawa sux.
  • Your dollar is dropping, this idea now sounds worse.
  • YEAH! EVERYONE MAKE FUN OF OTTAWA!
  • $1600????

No thanks. Don't like Canada that much lol.

• $1600????

I'd go if i had a job waiting for me there lol, not fond of my country
  • $1600????

which is?
  • $1600????

which is?
    Oh, almost any decent job...what can i get for $10/hour?
  • McDonalds pays 15$/hr near my city?
  • Hum...thats a 44h/week job?

• And how rich are ppl there? (Just in case i need to improvise extra income)
  • McDonald's can be a 60hr a week job if you're motivated enough. Don't know bout Zeal's city's avg income, though.
  • Lol....60h a week....dont they have a law against this kind of excessive work?

If you skip sunday (to live life), thats a 10h day work including saturday....i'll need drugs to manage that, not motivation :P
  • edited February 2014
    Well, no, you just get payed overtime for anything over a 40 hour work week. You can work far more than 40 hours.

(Until companies refuse to pay overtime and then they get sued and end up paying more than they would if they had just payed overtime. They usually end up writing extra checks to people who don't have any overtime because they want to avoid future lawsuits. I've gotten two checks for about 3 dollars total because I was working at businesses that were sued for not paying overtime. Much? No, but considering they gave money to everyone that worked their at the time, yes, it cost plus paying the people from the lawsuit and their lawyers.)
  • Lol our law is 8 hours off a day. 24 days in a row 4 days off
  • Sounds like military, except the 4 days off part lmao.
  • Well, no, you just get payed overtime for anything over a 40 hour work week. You can work far more than 40 hours.

(Until companies refuse to pay overtime and then they get sued and end up paying more than they would if they had just payed overtime. They usually end up writing extra checks to people who don't have any overtime because they want to avoid future lawsuits. I've gotten two checks for about 3 dollars total because I was working at businesses that were sued for not paying overtime. Much? No, but considering they gave money to everyone that worked their at the time, yes, it cost plus paying the people from the lawsuit and their lawyers.)
    This happened with the Company I work for, they got sued a couple years ago for not paying OT and now instead of being salaried I'm an hourly employee and I have to clock in/out 4 times a day and work 50hr work weeks. I get paid OT but I'd much rather be salaried.
  • Yeah i work at least 50 a week, usually closer to 70 and quite often ends up at 80+.

McDonalds would prob only give you 40h, or less. Lots of labour jobs tho that pay18$/h for 50h week.

Youd take home 2800ish, that could pay rent+food+car payments and a couple small extras. Not a great living but manageable. Not hard to find a job that pays in the mid 20's.
  • I got in trouble once in us for working over 18 hours that seems the cut off point