Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Good books for David Murphy

edited January 2014 in General
Since hes a lazy cunt, any one can chip in to offer some for him or others to read. He reads at a 7-year old level right now but give him time

Consensus so far was:
-Malazan (10 books and somewhat confusing at first)
-Mistborn (3 books and easy to read)
-Way of Kings (1 of 10 done so far, long but pretty good)
-The Bible (not very good fiction, but has some good comedy esp. when they make woman jokes)

Comments

• edited January 2014
    Game of thrones is deffo worth a read too, better than the series.

Edit - Book of the New Sun by Gene Wolfe was recently voted best fantasy of all time, although I havent read it yet it must be pretty good.

Glen Cook - Black Company is supposedly good too.
  • Game of Thrones
    Malazan
    Wheel of Time Series
  • Simmilarion. Lolol its like a marathon of boring ass shit.
  • these may be a little difficult but with enough patience I think he can go through'em in a few years

"The Poky little puppy"
    "The Very Hungry Caterpillar"
    "The Cutest little bunny"

These are real books, btw
  • The Very Hungry Caterpillar is a personal favorite...

Also,

DemonWars Saga? R.A. Salvatore?
  • demon wars was solid, though as i get older i have started to feel like salvatore is a teen author. his stories and characters just dont seem to be as deep, but are still fun reads
  • I like Salvatore but he does seem to lack in depth, but his stories still are exiting to a degree.
  • Id have to say RA Salvatore. His series on Drizzt has had me since 1988. Plus there being 25+ books makes it easy to get to really get to know your characters. Side note: Series was originally supposed to focus on Wulfgar. Audiences want of Drizzt changed all of that.
  • Go read some Tom Holt, love his writing style and his novels are just mindfuck
  • wait can dave even read this topic?
  • Orson Scott Card.
  • Who is David Murphy?
  • I mean, you can't go wrong with the lord of the rings,
    If this person is young enough, Harry Potter was amazing growing up. If more thrill rides are wanted then Steven King The Mist and 1408 are good for young readers.
    Vonnegut Slaughter House Five is a trip
  • Who is David Murphy?
    FLAMES on here. Hes a warwhore on sk.
  • Oh Shit, FLAMES? We need to get him audio books cause that Fucker cant read.
  • I really liked the Riftwar Saga by Raymond E. Feist. That was the original (4 books I think,) but he's written many more in the same world with some of the same characters
  • Harry Fucking Potter

or the redwall series. Loved those books
  • goosebumps
  • Although a severely debated book wrought with conspiracy, I find that it somehow, against all odds, establishes a warm place within your heart:
    Green eggs and ham
  • Wait, we are talking about murphy?

One word.
    Twilight.

You gay vampire loving motherfucker.
  • For fun but (very)easy reading the Crimson Shadow Trilogy by R.A. Salvatore.
  • I really enjoyed an audiobook of bram stokers dracula
  • the name of the wind and wisemans fear by pattrick ruffulus

what zeal said, what damdred said, what qjf said. black company is good. also sword of truth series starts off pretty good.

I'd start with the name of the wind, its a bit shorter than the rest- you shoild power through it in a week or two.
  • How did i forget about those. They are tied for the best books Ive ever read.
  • Id have to say RA Salvatore. His series on Drizzt has had me since 1988. Plus there being 25+ books makes it easy to get to really get to know your characters. Side note: Series was originally supposed to focus on Wulfgar. Audiences want of Drizzt changed all of that.
    This, he is actually starting to create some depth in his characters later in the series, it is getting there.

I would add Terry Goodkind sword of truth series, pretty good read.

• Terry Brooks?
  • I forgot about sword of truth good series
  • Terry Brooks?
    Holy crap that brought back memories. Terry Brooks is an amazing author.

How 'bout some time travel shit: Roger Zelanzy, The Chronicles of Amber series.
    This, he is actually starting to create some depth in his characters later in the series, it is getting there.

I would add Terry Goodkind sword of truth series, pretty good read.

Sword of Truth was a good series, but it moved pretty slow sometimes. But... when shit went down, shit went down. lol

• I liked the first part of Sword of Truth, but near the end it was all, meh.