Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Good books for David Murphy

Comments

• yay sword of truth lost me the last few books- but naked empire (book 3/4 I think) was amazing. I loved it
  • Sign of a shitty author is when the books start to turn to shit. In every epic series ive read, they get better as they approach the climax.
  • Well, even WoT bogged down a bit in the middle but it picked back up quickly.
  • Never read it. I heard many people that gave up on it cause it was kinda sloppy. As a kid, and then a teen, Harry Potter held itself together pretty good through 7 books. Reading thru it now, its obvious she made shit up as she went since there were so many contradictions and fuck-it-its-magic's, still an amusing read though.

If I were to prioritize, I'd say Name of the Wind, Mistborn, Malazan... Stormlight will take over a decade to finish I imagine so nonrush getting started there.
  • My 12yr old is into this series called Warriors by Erin Hunter. Idk much about it but he gets lost in them.
  • My younger sister made me read the Gone series by Michael Grant. Really interesting set of books, think if Stephen King had written Lord of the Flies

I'm currently re-reading Star Wars Expanded Universe novels in preparation for Episode VII
  • I would not say that WoT was sloppy at all.
  • Percy Jackson and the Olympians
  • These are a lot of good options :O Off to coles soon to buy a bunch of them, I need books to be exciting and have lots of action.

I tried reading Dreamcatcher by Steven King, got half way through and when they introduced the army i just couldnt get past it. I read the next 100 pages and stopped reading it
  • Meh, I don't like S. King.
  • Harry Twatter
  • Walking dead
  • Animorphs
  • Green eggs and ham
  • edited January 2014
    Animorphs
    EDIT: Why'd they ever cancel the show? D=
  • yay sword of truth lost me the last few books- but naked empire (book 3/4 I think) was amazing. I loved it

I loved the faith of the fallen best in that series
  • Animorphs
    EDIT: Why'd they ever cancel the show? D=
    In middle school I was crazy about Animorphs, I'm pretty sure I read every book in that series including the alien ones. Loved the TV show too

• Where's Waldo, excellent series and good fun.
  • Where's Waldo, excellent series and good fun.
  • If Yall didnt know, David Murphy is a scouser, which means by default me Qwj and Jones have his back, anyone decides to mess with our fellow scouser and you will feel the full force of the scouse trio in the somewhat near future.
  • he's not a real scouser, he's from Hartlepool :P

• If Yall didnt know, David Murphy is a scouser, which means by default me Qwj and Jones have his back, anyone decides to mess with our fellow scouser and you will feel the full force of the scouse trio in the somewhat near future.
    Explains his lack of reading skillz
  • Its to bad the only reaspn people have myback is to push me down stairs
  • another pommy prick too embarassed to talk about the cricket
  • I've been reading some stuff by brent weeks. its been pretty good. really liked the black prism.

• hahah negs country has just achieved its biggest victory ever and literally nobody cares enough to talk about it with him :))
  • I don't know which of you are Aussies and which ones or Brits. Can I get a list?
  • Cory is from pittsburg
  • Cory is from pittsburg
    :( I wish. Then I could have become a penguins fan 5 years ago when they became a franchise.

I've only been to shitsburg once for a wedding.

Damred is from.....boston.... pawk mah caa