Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The "I'm Running a WW Game" Thread

Comments

• lol >>

a separate voting thread actually makes it less confusing imo

then aza can stop complaining about bolding votes from his phone xP and we won't have to worry about formatting so much
  • it doesn't preclude you from voting in-thread...just won't count there unless you also do it in the voting thread
  • It doesn't have to be bolded if it's in its own post. It does the same thing as a second thread without having to follow 2 threads
  • from having hosted, a second thread is a lot easier on the host

and a lot easier for voting analysis by the players -shrugs-

if y'all can't figure out two threads i question your intelligence xP
  • edited March 2015
    When I run a WW I'll use this setup. These are all the possible roles. To figure out which roles will be used, It will need to balance to anywhere between -5 to +5. Positive favors the good team slightly (which is helpful with lots of experienced players).

Village:
    Villager - Find the werewolves and lynch them before they eat you +1
    Mason - You know who the other Mason(s) +2
    Seer - Each night choose a player to learn if they are good or bad +7
    Aura Seer - Choose a player each night to see if that player is NOT a Villager or Werewolf
    Apprentice Seer - If the Seer dies, you become the Seer and look for werewolves each night
    Bodyguard - Each night, choose a different player to be protected. That player may not be killed at night. May not choose yourself or the same person you picked last night +3
    Witch - Kill or Heal a player at night, once each per game +4
    Priest - One night per game, choose a player to be protected. That player may not be killed at night + 3
    Tough Guy - If you are attacked by werewolves, you'll survive until the following night +3
    Diseased - If you are attacked by werewolves, they don't get to feed the following night. +3
    Prince - If you are lynched, reveal your identity and survive. +3
    Hunter - If you die, you may immediately kill another player. +3
    Old Man - You will die on night x, where x=the number of werewolves in the game plus 1 +0
    Troublemaker - one night per game, stir up trouble by calling for two lynches the following day. +2
    Lycan - you are a villager, but you appear to the seer as a werewolf -1
    Doppelganger - Choose a player on the first night. If that player dies you get their power (if any) -2
    Cupid - Choose two players to be lovers. If one of those players dies, the other dies from a broken heart. -3
    P.I. - One night per game, choose a player. you'll be told if that player or a neighbor is a werewolf. +3
    Leprechaun - each night, you may redirect the werewolves' attack to a player sitting next to their target. +5
    Old Hag - Each night, choose a player to leave the village during the next day. +1
    Spellcaster - Each night, choose a player to silence the following day. +1
    Martyr - Once per game, you may take place of any player who was lynched (before their role is revealed). +3

Werewolves:
    Werewolf - Wake with the other werewolves each night and choose a villager to eat -6
    Wolf Cub - Wake with the other werewovles. if you die, the werewovles feed twice the following night -8
    Wolf Man - You wake with the other Werewolves each night, but the seer sees you as a villager. -9
    Sorcerer - Each night, look for the Seer. You win if the werewolves win. -3
    Minion - You know who the werewolves are and vice-versa, but you don't wake up with them at night. -6

Other Teams:
    Vampires - Choose a victim each night to kill. -7
    Cult Leader - Each night choose a player to join your cult. if all players are in your cult, you win. +1
    Hoodlum - Choose 2 players on the first night. You win if they are dead and you're alive at the end of the game. +0
    Tanner - Your job is so horrible that you want to die. If you die, you win. +1
    Chupacabra - Each night, choose a player. if that player is a werewolf he dies. If the werewolves are dead, you kill any other player. +4
    Cursed - You are a villager unless you are attacked by werewolves, at which time you are a werewolf. -3
    Bloody Mary - If you die, each night kill either a villager if you were lynched or a werewolf if you were attacked. +1
    Drunk - You are a villager until the third night, when you sober up and your real role is revealed to you. -3

Special Card that isn't a role:
    Amulet of protection - The holder of the amulet is protected from death. +1
    Amulet holder may choose a new holder each night, if they choose not to pass the amulet or if the holder tries to pass it to someone who already held it, it is destroyed.

Cards that shouldn't be used for various reasons:
    "Good:"

Ghost - You die the first night, and communicate to the village through single-letter clues (no names or initials). +2 (letting someone communicate after death is just a pain)
    Mayor - Your vote counts twice. +2 (If a mayor is in play, it should just be voted, not a role)
    Pacifist - you always vote for players to live. +2 (we don't put players up to vote in this way, its always to die, and always everyone, Not a nomination vote.)
    Idiot - You always vote for players to die. +2 (we don't put players up to vote in this way, its always to die, and always everyone, Not a nomination vote.)

"other:"
    Lone Wolf - Wake with the other werewolves. You only win if you are the last player left alive. -5 (Werewolves would have to continue playing if they were already winning to kill the lone wolf, or the game wouldn't end. Plays the same otherwise.)
    Sasquatch - You are on the villager team unless a day ends without a lynch. then you switch teams to the werewolves. -2 (we always have a lynch)
    Nostradamus - The first night, predict which team will win. If you are alive at the end of the game and predicted accurately, you win. +1 (Just stupid, You either have to play with a bunch of the extra win conditions, or can only win with the good team)
  • edited March 2015
    old hag role is pretty interesting...

have that troublemake leave town and stop pressuring votes and stuff lol
  • I put bit under "cards that shouldn't be used" because I'm not entirely sure how to make it work on a public forum.
  • edited March 2015
    well, just add a "gets killed if returns to town before sunset"

after reading spellcaster, it hit me hag also keeps the target from being lynched...

which could also go as a curse of silence. "next day target cant make any posts or he dies"
  • that leprechaun role...can work if you rng the player list order that usually stays in the first page.

• You can also rng a "circle" to start.
  • well, a list can be a circle if you assume a dimensional portal after the last name that leads to before the first name
  • I'll go through and edit this later. I missed a few things. And some of them run together pretty bad.
  • Feel free to pick and choose roles out of the list and host your own using ultimate werewolf. As mod you can use rules to make the cards work however you decide :)
  • That bloody mary is a game breaker lol...

WWs will be scared to shit on every kill they make hahaha
  • edited March 2015
    There are expansions with more cards I don't own yet!

The expansions are as follows:
    Ultimate Werewolf: Artifacts (40 or so cards that are like the artifact of possession, they get added onto roles: The shroud of the ghost, Ask a player who was lynched the previous day for a single letter to help their team; The eye of the beholder, each night, wake with the seer, you see who the seer chooses and if that choice is a werewolf or not; The rod of reincarnation, If you die, reveal your artifact card and stay alive... but different. If you are any kind of werewolf, you lose your special power, if you are not a werewolf, you get a new random role card.)
    Ultimate Werewolf: Classic Movie Monsters (6 new monsters: The Blob, which slowly absorbs players until everyone is part of the blob; The mummy, who hypnotizes players to vote the way he does; the zombie, who eats player's brains; and Frankenstein's Monster, who gets the powers of players who have died; Teenage werewolf; Count Drakula)
    Ultimate Werewolf: Night Terrors (6 new cards: The beholder, who learns who the seer is in order to protect her; The insomniac, who learns if either of his neighbors woke in the night; The boogeyman, who kills someone if the werewolves take to long at night; The Thing (that goes bump in the night); Dreamwolf, and one other that wasn't named in my booklet.

www.beziergames.com apparently
  • It provides some fun premade scenarios as well. I'll write them up later too :)
  • Edited my 2 previous posts about Ultimate werewolf for ease of reading.
  • edited March 2015
    Premade scenarios:
    Village of Doom (9): 5 Villagers, 1 seer, 1 old hag, 2 werewolves

Village of Uncertainty (10): 5 villagers, 1 seer, 1 lycan, 1 hunter, 1 werewolf, 1 sorcerer

Village of Atonement (11): 6 Villagers, 1 seer, 1 witch, 1 werewolf, 1 sorcerer, 1 lonewolf

Tiny Village/Big Secrets (15): 4 villagers, 1 seer, 1 aura seer, 2 masons, 1 cupid, 1 spellcaster, 1 lycan, 2 werewolves, 1 cursed, 1 cult leader

Classic Werewolf Village (16): 8 villagers, 1 seer, 1 witch, 1 hunter, 1 mayor, 3 werewolves, 1 sorcerer

Party Village (21): 6 Villagers, 1 seer, 1 troublemaker, 1 mayor, 1 aura seer, 1 bodyguard, 1 old hag, 4 werewolves, 1 minion, 1 sorcerer, 1 cult leader, 1 tanner, 1 hoodlum

Village of Pain (22): 7 Villagers, 1 seer, 1 witch, 1 hunter, 1 cupid, 2 masons, 1 priest, 1 martyr, 1 tough guy, 1 lycan, 4 werewolves, 1 wolf cub

Village of Peace (22): 7 villagers, 1 apprentice seer, 1 witch, 1 spellcaster, 1 pacifist, 1 p.i., 1 ghost, 1 old man, 1 diseased, 1 prince, 4 werewolves, 1 cursed, 1 drunk

Village of Voices (20): 6 villagers, 1 seer, 1 witch, 1 hunter, 1 mayor, 2 masons, 1 ghost, 1 troublemaker, 2 werewolves, 1 wolf cub, 1 sorcerer, 1 lonewolf, 1 drunk

Village with no seer (22): 4 villagers, 1 aura seer, 1 witch, 1 hunter, 1 p.i., 1 bodyguard, 1 cupid, 1 ghost, 1 spellcaster, 1 mayor, 1 martyr, 1 old hag, 1 pacifist, 1 idiot, 4 werewolves, 1 cursed

Village of the Vampires (27): 7 villagers, 1 seer, 1 witch, 1 bodyguard, 1 (vampire only instead of werewolf) hunter, 2 masons, 1 ghost, 1 tough guy, 1 mayor, 1 prince, 1 idiot, 1 p.i., 4 vampires, 1 vampire minion, 1 drunk, 1 werewolf, 1 sorcerer

village, incorporated (33): 10 villagers, 1 seer, 1 mayor, 1 prince, 1 ghost, 1 apprentice seer, 1 witch, 1 diseased, 1 martyr, 1 tough guy, 1 hunter, 1 cupid, 1 old hag, 1 old man, 1 cult leader, 1 tanner, 6 werewolves, 1 sorcerer, 1 cursed

Big Village/Tiny Secrets (35): 10 villagers, 1 seer, 1 lycan, 1 witch, 3 masons, 1 aura seer, 1 p.i., 1 spellcaster, 1 priest, 1 bodyguard, 1 idiot, 1 pacifist, 1 troublemaker, 6 werewolves, 1 minion, 1 lone wolf, 3 vampires

Tourist Trap Village (40): 19 villagers, 1 seer, 1 hunter, 1 tough guy, 3 masons, 1 idiot, 1 martyr, 1 prince, 1 lycan, 1 apprentice seer, 1 mayor, 4 vampires, 4 werewolves, 1 cursed (vampire or werewolf)

Village of unspeakable Actions (50): 20 villagers, 1 seer, 1 hunter, 1 tough guy, 3 masons, 1 aura seer, 1 martyr, 1 prince, 1 lycan, 1 apprentice seer, 1 witch, 1 ghost, 1 spellcaster, 1 cupid, 1 bodyguard, 1 idiot, 1 p.i., 1 diseased, 8 werewolves, 1 cursed, 1 sorcerer, 1 minion
    The Ultimate Village (68): All Roles
  • Im pretty sure ace needs to go to tl or tf or whatever lol
  • lol xP nah

though he's welcome to join us at TL...they don't let you host right away xP and i don't think we ever get close to 30 players yet alone more for a game o.0
  • TL. Team liquid? How many of you play there?
  • Damdred/Rsoultin. I play there too (I introduced damdred) but they're much more active on it than I. I was there more for the SC and SC2 and happened to notice mafia there one day.
  • I worm my way in and out of there from time to random time o.o
  • i have it added on faves, made an account, never actually played
  • I can't go there on principle, EG for life
  • I can't go there on principle, EG for life
    don't be a pro-esport fanboy aza, just don't root for the chinese teams.
  • I'm just a SC2 e spirt fanboy. With other eaports I don't care as much.
  • I'd like to cohost with whoever runs it.
  • Yeah, get ole Charlie Sheen loving boy in here.