Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WereWolf Sign up: Malazan the Fallen - To begin christmas day

Comments

• What? I answered the question.
  • Rudely.
    You want to argue? aim is a better medium
  • I would say I answered incompletely, not rudely. Who were you contacting on your seance and how quickly did AIM connect you with them?
  • i'm like 50 pages into the first book...somebody please explain to me wtf i'm reading
    Stick with it.

If you come back after the last book and I am on SK and you dont say its the greatest series ever I will eat my keyboard

He throws you in the deep end, by the end of book 1 you will be fine, then BAM book 2 is completely different characters haha.
  • while i assume it is a good series, seeing as there are alot of books and people seem to like them, its a tall order to compete with Mistborn and what has been released so far for Stormlight Archive
  • while i assume it is a good series, seeing as there are alot of books and people seem to like them, its a tall order to compete with Mistborn and what has been released so far for Stormlight Archive
    You get a hi5 for your choice in books.
  • I do like the Stormlight Archive.
    Well- it blows mistborn away ( misrborn was good tho) and stormlight book 1 was very good.
    Also- check out the name of the wind- its way up there for good books.

And I agree with qwj- ill eat my keyboard if its not the most epic series ever
  • dude, i'll never be able to date again because Vin set too high a standard for what a woman should be. mistborn has the best characters, ever.
  • Haha, mistborn was good... you can tell he's putting more work into Stormlight though.

Jester is right though, Name of the Wind gets placed a bit higher imo. Good witty humour, can't top it ;)

Stormlight > Name of the Wind > Mistborn. Yet to decide where this Malazan shit falls, I'm about halfway thru the 2nd. My woman absolutely hated the first book and won't even touch the 2nd one, she loved Name of the Wind though.
  • i think SA will be a better series long term, but Vin is still my dream girl, so i will defend her honor vigorously!

i like this malzan book so far, but i actually get pretty pissy when the characters change in a book series quickly (if all these people are gone in the second book, i mean). i dont mean that you have to keep every character alive, but if i have to emotionally reattach myself EVERY book, it is rather cumbersome to me. personal opinion, i'm still going to give this a fair shot, the writing is good, though i find the characters a bit far fetched.
  • edited December 2013
    A few of them have stuck around in the 2nd book, the points of view are different though. Let's you see someones side of the story that you didn't see in the first one, as well as a handful of new characters. But, not every one from the first book is dead... so I expect them to make a return in the 3rd or 4th

Very very very shitty stand-alone book, but I figure it'll all kind of tie together later on in the series.
  • edited December 2013
    The Dark Tower novels make for a good read if you're into fantasy. My favorite being the first of the series The Gunslinger.

Never heard of these other books you all seem to have read...might have to check into these although I am more of a sci-fi reader.
  • Wow you guys read all these books I never heard lol.
    They should just make a movie so I can keep up lol.

Maybe lets see if I can download the book onto my phone.
    I might read it then. Or maybe end up throwing phone cuz book sounds frustrating and confusing lol.
  • This game is so confusing now. In.
    LUUUUKEEEE! Nice to see you back out an about.
  • I read on my phone whenever we have to wait @work for other crews to do their shit. Or sometimes before bed. Its a good way to relax imo
  • This game is so confusing now. In.
    LUUUUKEEEE! Nice to see you back out an about.
    My account gets deleted like once a week or something here. I stalk from time to time wishing that QuaintQu was still around. :)
  • Syphoon posted a couple weeks ago. That was a small victory.
  • True Newb, and Brets makes her appearance every 9 months or so.
  • edited December 2013
    True Newb, and Brets makes her appearance every 9 months or so.
    Brets is in scis Google hangout.

Edit: edit
  • Just started reading Stormlight. Mistborn was pretty awesome.
  • did i bug you about reading mistborn? i cant remember
  • Yes, yes you did. Good call too, forgot I liked reading fantasy.
  • Good bugging in that case Aza.
  • Thanks for future recommendations nerds. Dont delete thread nazi mods (stork).

Also, my condolences Aza.
  • When does this one start?
  • there are more people that know of these books? o_o (never found anyone else in holland that read em)
  • Game to start christmas day. Ill sort out all the rules and stuff tomorrow and get started
  • Bob, SKPFs are a fantasy/scifi book reader club.