Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

next round

Comments

• Scientology December 2011 Quote
    -[Scallywags]-

scallywags plural of scal·a·wag (Noun)
    Noun:
    A person who behaves badly but in an amusingly mischievous rather than harmful way; a rascal.

The name is up for debate so far. However, this will be a traditional alliance. Traditional policies and traditional tactics will be employed. I’ll be looking for about 5-6 four man groups to populate the base of the alliance. If a group does not get in, I encourage them to play for the alliance they land in. If you want to try to get in a group or feel you have a decent group that wants to be one of the first allowed in, get a hold of me through PMs or on AIM. My main reason for this alliance is to have fun, my secondary reason is because I want to teach a couple people how to properly plan and execute an alliance.

AL: Me (AIM: ScientologySK)
    VAL: Dogtown (AIM: DogtownSK)
    VAL/FM: Archimedes (AIM: dragonknight314)

-[Rules and Regulations]-

[Retals]

If you break a rule, you will be approved for a retal. If a member of another alliance breaks one of our rules, we will contact their leaders and request a retal. Once approved it will be posted in the Alliance Forums. You MUST post that you are completing the retal in the appropriate thread before taking any action. If you do not, you will be subject to the rules below. If another alliance can not or choose not to carry through with a retal, that is their own concern, not ours. If another alliance deems a proper retal unjustified it will be grounds for war.

A retal can only be completed by the following:
    1 successful or failed hit.
    5 successful arsons.

[Farming]

Any farming done by an alliance mate will result in immediate death. Don’t come here and expect to cheat. If I, or anyone else, catches you we WILL kill you. If your kingdom is looking too suspicious, I’d rather kill you than deal with the headache of defending you. I know the mechanics of this game and if you can’t provide sufficient proof that you’re playing by the rules, it’s enough for me to kill your kingdom. Farming in other alliances will be subject to hard proof only. If an alliance is not removing it’s own cheaters it will be grounds for me to declare war.

[Free Land]

Kingdoms with under 500 tanks of defense are free land. Kingdoms with only 33% of their total military as defense are considered free land.

[Bashing]

Bashing is defined by hitting someone ⅓ of your land size. If you bash, you will be approved for three retals. If you bash again, your kingdom will be approved for a KT. If a kingdom is declared free land, bashing rules no longer apply.

[Gangbangs]

A gangbang occurs when a kingdom is hit more than 3 times by a single alliance in a 24 hour period. To prevent gangbangs in outside alliances you MUST post your hits in the alliance forums. If a gangbang occurs, the kingdom that did not post their hit in the alliance forums will be subject to a retal. First gangbang offense will be approved one retal. Second offense will be approved three retals. Third offense will be approved for a KT.

[Aggressive Probings]

Aggressive Probings are off limits except for in times of war. Any of the following consititutes an aggressive probing:
    Arson
    Sabotage Powerplants
    Suicide Attack

One to three aggressive probings will be approved one retal. Four to six aggressive probings will be approved three retals. Seven or more aggressive probings will be approved for a KT.

[Missiles]

Missiles are not to be used outside of war. Using a missile strike on another kingdom will be approved three retals. Second offenders will be approved for a KT. However, every kingdom is tasked creating missiles for use in war. A ratio of two nuclear and two fusion missiles to every one energy missile is desired. Every kingdom is required to build four to five missiles a day starting the second week of the game. This is vital to any war efforts.

[Game Threads]

There will be several official game threads to promote activity in the alliance during non war times. Game threads will include but are not limited to the following:
    A scavenger hunt
    A game of Werewolf
    Minigolf tournament

[Hall of Fame]

The Hall of Fame is a reward system for alliance activity. Your personal HoF can be viewed at any time by asking myself or an Officer. Three winners will be decided on at the end of the round. The winners will receive any of the following:
    A premium account paid for by myself.
    Any item that can be bought online under ten US dollars.
    A personal autograph from myself. (lol)

Winner number one will be the person with the most accumulated HoF points.
    Winner number two will be the person with the most accumulated HoF points during war.
    Winner number three will be decided by the sector with the most accumulated HoF points.

HoF points are separated into two categories and will be awarded for the following:
    [Non War Time]

Completed Retal - 10 points
    Posting a Spy report in the proper thread - 1 point
    Posting a Spy report of a kingdom in Top 20 - 2 points
    Declared Winner of a Game Thread - 10 points
    Alliance and Sector Banners - 10 points
    Custom Avatars - 10 points

[War Time]

Posting a Spy Report of a Targeted Kingdom - 1 point
    Aggressive Probings - 2 points
    Missiles - 10 points
    Failed Grab - 7 points
    Successful Grab - 5 points
    Kill Shot - 3 points

I realize I could have left a lot of this out, but I couldn't be bothered.

Any questions can be fielded here. There will be a pirate theme if the name [Scallywags] sticks.
  • U just made that up
  • I had fun warring against scallywags that round. Apart from my mate fighting for sci and telling him when I'd be at work. Easiest PK ever :(
  • Sci never killed me during war! NEVER! I LIVVVEEEDD! (and then after a day and a half I got tired of having a broken KD if I wasn't wasting Scallywag resources and pop killed myself.
  • Minigolf tourneys lol sci
  • I will kill the stacked alliance next round single handedly if needed.

My advise

Don't stack
  • Lol says the guy who doesn't cheat. How viva will u kill an alliance with ur one kd? No wonder everyone here thinks ur idiot .....
  • Lol says the guy who doesn't cheat. How viva will u kill an alliance with ur one kd? No wonder everyone here thinks ur idiot .....
  • He's pretty much telling us he's going to make a gigantic multi army to fight for whatever alliance he supports while making it look like other alliances control those multis
  • Just a thought, but a fun sounding one, what if we limited alliance to 2 sectors? That might recapture that old SK feeling somewhat, allow for more politics and rivalries, and allow others to try and lead. I think it sounds like the shake up this game could use
  • Just a thought, but a fun sounding one, what if we limited alliance to 2 sectors? That might recapture that old SK feeling somewhat, allow for more politics and rivalries, and allow others to try and lead. I think it sounds like the shake up this game could use
    It could certainly balance the game out better. I also like the idea of sectors fending for their own like on S2.
    so instead of 8 active players per alliance u want 3-4?
  • You really dont want to cut alliances down, the gap between a good and a bad player would increase a helluva lot. See: s2. I was around for two rounds where the game was over before it started. Without an alliance to kill the big guys, theyll just keep growing.

Doesnt matter since vivas multis will kill all
  • Yeah, the bigger guys will dominate the few skilled players outside of them with trains. What's sad is that on s2 I'm considered a skilled player.
  • Heres the things what is stacking? Normally its abandoning group spots and what not to all land in one sector. Was this done this round? Dole told me it was so I believe him, will it happen with mobs alliance.

I really don't think so I know some of the guys hes getting and they aren't stackers really and know how to keep their mouths shut. Viva saying he will stop whoever stacks is laughable however as he will just have to multi to kill everyone.

Breaking the game down further to two sector alliances is a horrible idea sad to say it was tried I think on GOC and it just doesn't work the good players just destroy everything.
  • It was for sure done this round, not sure who did it in particular, but I saw a lot more abandoned 2mans that in the past like 5 rounds combined. 1:16 had no stacking atall, the House group were all noobs and didn't know what Stunners was. Flazer randomed into my sector, Arson posted in the pf's looking for a group so we hooked him up. Skydragon random'd in as well.

That shit happens in a game this small, though. That EPIC round, I logged onto AIM and said "hey, random'd into x sector, should i play?" and flazer said "LOL SERIOUSLY?" and then we just piled people into the sector.

Pretty sure Qwj was saying the same thing happened to them. Him, Jones & Lynog ended up in the same sector so he deleted. But ofc when good players end up together, the worse players are going to cry foul... even though chance states it'll happen eventually.

TL;DR dw op
  • Yeah, the bigger guys will dominate the few skilled players outside of them with trains. What's sad is that on s2 I'm considered a skilled player.
    Ideally, if alliances were only 2-3 sectors then I would hope a couple of players would group up like in science class when you had to pick who you'd dissect the frog with. If we did that in a civilized fashion with skilled players evenly spiced about, the game could take a much more appealing turn.

I'm not saying it'd be easy to pull off but there was a lot of bitching about how the alliances and this round went, all I'm proposing is an alternative way to strategize this next round
  • UAs would ruin that i'm sorry to say, friends generally won't hit friends
  • Yea damdred is right there. Wouldn't hit old friends ua or not
  • I'll hit any friend, new or old.
  • Except Pie... youll just straight up bitch slap that fuck!
  • It was for sure done this round, not sure who did it in particular, but I saw a lot more abandoned 2mans that in the past like 5 rounds combined. 1:16 had no stacking atall, the House group were all noobs and didn't know what Stunners was. Flazer randomed into my sector, Arson posted in the pf's looking for a group so we hooked him up. Skydragon random'd in as well.

That shit happens in a game this small, though. That EPIC round, I logged onto AIM and said "hey, random'd into x sector, should i play?" and flazer said "LOL SERIOUSLY?" and then we just piled people into the sector.

Pretty sure Qwj was saying the same thing happened to them. Him, Jones & Lynog ended up in the same sector so he deleted. But ofc when good players end up together, the worse players are going to cry foul... even though chance states it'll happen eventually.

TL;DR dw op
    given that half the abandoned stack groups were named after professional wrestlers, i can wager a few guesses
  • I was named after a pro wrestler and I didnt get in :-(

Its all Cobras fault.

!!KT COBRAS!!
  • Didn't know that haha. Cibras makes the mist sense, didn't want to point to the wrong guy though. Dint know why he bothered, game is still ridiculous if you random.
  • Yeah I pretty much always random myself. I like things more that way, sometimes you end up in the world's crappiest alliances and it's all lols from there.
  • Instead of going to 2 sector alliances, how about halving sector sizes?
  • this relies on bcart being active and that's not gonna happen.
  • I will kill the stacked alliance next round single handedly if needed.

My advise

Don't stack
    You wont though, you are terrible at this game.

Even when you have an alliance you are easily beaten.

Create as many multies as you want and I bet you couldnt kill a single kingdom after week 1 you remedial.

No he basically admits to being multi overlord but tries to cover it with witty banter and jokes... fucktard waste of space. .. I assume the best part of him dripped down his mom's leg