Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

-=2011/2012 Football/Soccer Season=-

Comments

• yes they clearly are not soccer because they are football. Football is what we called it when we created it and thats what its called. Just because americans call it soccer doesnt mean its soccer.

also fyi footballer are probably on average at the highest levels the highest played players on earth , which makes football one of the most expensive, if not the most expensive sport in the world.

The reason americans have never taken to it is because they dont like any low scoring games, bigger is better to you silly people. That goes for your waists too you slobbing greasy obese nation of idiots
  • Lol basketball and soccer cost the least to play, thats why you black people playin it. Hoodlums don't have $$$, shoes & and a ball and a local field/court is all you need.

The sport itself isn't gay, its the diving queers who play it that make it gay. Every sport seems to have guys trying to gay it up though so w/e.
  • edited April 2012

Oh, the sport itself is not manly, but technically that's not what makes it gay. It's the latent penis grabbing that makes it gay, and penis biting, and the ball grabbing... etc. Just look at a few pictures I linked and you'll see them.
    like in american football? where you can find the same kind of pictures like you posted on football?
  • You really do know nothing. What a tool
  • Quite silly to say american football requires no endurance :p itll be on different levels but they dont just run six seconds then they are done. Its six seconds at 100% speed, repeated dozens of times.
    If it were so easy, guys like that black dude from the Eagles wouldnt be able to fly past everyone again and again. Different body types for each sport, leave it at that ;)
  • people who write long blocks of texts about sports has me question: why bother?
  • ^ you do it about sk: why bother?
  • Bomberboys just go make an NFL thread and stop ruining this one you fucking mutant.
  • its not hard to predict the table now though is it. the top 3 are a cert so your only really prediciton is 4th and 5th.

Guess it for next season and see how close you get

• It's actually weird that society attach positive value to something that means so little like recreational sport, and supporting a team. If you went to a fanatic supporter and asked them what value it has for society they will tell you to fuck off, but then we attach something like recreational drug use with negative value, which is pretty much the same thing.
    So how often did you get picked last for teams then?
    ok so a simple philosophical observation about a weird way in which society works makes me a loser, yet arguing over what came first, football or American football makes me win? Take your trolling else where n00b.
    The first sentence reeked of a person upset that they were always stuck in goal. And the fact that you think that sport provides so little to society is VERY untrue. Recreational drug use doesnt promote community and provide the business that organised sports does. But I will concede we need less fanatical fans.

ANYWAY, I'm going back to the football: PREDICTIONS FOR THE TOP 5, POST 'EM UP!

1) Man Utd.
    2) Man City
    3) Arsenal
    4) Tottenham
    5) Chelsea

That's how my money is going down. I really want to put Newcastle in 5th but I think their run of games will go against them. But I reckon Spurs are going to pip Chelsea at the finish either way.

EDIT: Of course, the Chelsea-Spurs game later will make or break that bet.
    You mean the Chelsea spurs game today? Thats FA cup mate.
  • edited April 2012
    Piers Morgan deserves to be beaten to a pulp, did you see how he was on Celebrity Apprentice USA insulting the Sopranos actor cos he was overweight. Also how he got Mirror newspaper journalists (whilst he was editor at the time) to go on a personal vendetta against Paul Merton & Ian Hislop, ie, spying, 24 hr surveillance to dig up dirt...etc

• Go fuck off bomberboys, we post here.
  • Joey Barton is a twitter legend
  • I fucking hate United
  • Did Man Utd cheat again?
  • yea but not as bad as chelsea did.
  • yea but not as bad as chelsea did.
    We didnt cheat. Ref gave it.
  • Lews did you change that thread title? you should be ashamed of yourself mate
  • If your players didnt appeal for it the ref would never have given it. So your players cheated
  • why is everyone of my posts ignored so far by bomberboys?
    I did.

For a couple reasons, mostly to end dumb arguments that always seem to arise in threads like this.
  • Let's say bumperboy is right and humans are sprinters.. doesn't that make what socc... Err footballers do even that much more extraordinary? While I am no fan of the sport, the athletic ability of the guys and girls who compete in the sport are something to be admired. Though I'd much rather have my fingernails pulled out one by one than to watch the sport.. I won't ever put down the players in it.

• Football comes from harpastum and episkyros. The rules for rugby counter the rules for these sports, where as the rules and objectives for football fall right in line with them. Rugby's rules fall into the category of phaininda, thus having its own history separate from Football. The thing that has developed for Football has been the padding, as man has grown larger and faster over the past 2800 years, and in order to enter full force contact without ripping each other apart, you need padding.
    How do the rules for rugby counter the rules of those two games(harpastum and episkyros), but not of the third(phaininda), when essentially those three are the same thing? Also Rugby and American Football have a the same basic rules. The things changed in american football were the line of scrimmage and some stuff like that.
    I did.

For a couple reasons, mostly to end dumb arguments that always seem to arise in threads like this.
    Its over between us crash
  • edited April 2012

Chelsea have condemned a “small minority” of their own supporters after they failed to observe the silence in respect to the 23rd anniversary of the Hillsborough disaster prior to their FA Cup semi-final with Tottenham.

A Chelsea club statement read:

Chelsea Football Club is extremely disappointed that a very small minority of fans embarrassed the club today by not honouring the moment’s silence before kick-off.

Chelsea FC believes all moments of respect should be honoured and today we pay our full respects to all those that suffered as a result of the Hillsborough disaster 23 years ago.
    Chelsea went on to win the match, 5-1, in controversial circumstances after referee Martin Atkinson awarded them a goal at 1-0 despite the ball having not crossed the line.

The result means Liverpool will face the Blues in the FA Cup Final on May 5th at Wembley, 5:15pm kick off.

Chelsea have had to apologise for their fans behavour before, following “offensive chanting against Genk” and racist chanting on a train from Norwich. Their club captain is currently awaiting trial for racist abuse.
    Typical Chelsea

People who live in glass houses shouldnt throw stones lews, remember that next time you rage about suarez ;)

• rugby shits on american football btw
    Rugby always goes back to "American football players are padded pussies." Turns out American Football also has significantly harder collisions.

I know "Sports Science" probably doesn't have the most "scientific" experiments, but I thought this one was simple and concise. It's actually more of quantity vs. quality thing - Rubgy players deal with many more tackle-specific collisions.

The argument to me really should go down as the aspects of the game. To generalize heavily, it should be about the timing/pacing of the game. I don't mind the traffic "stop and go" of American football, but I understand when people appreciate a continued flow of the game.

• Chelsea have condemned a “small minority” of their own supporters after they failed to observe the silence in respect to the 23rd anniversary of the Hillsborough disaster prior to their FA Cup semi-final with Tottenham.

A Chelsea club statement read:

Chelsea Football Club is extremely disappointed that a very small minority of fans embarrassed the club today by not honouring the moment’s silence before kick-off.

Chelsea FC believes all moments of respect should be honoured and today we pay our full respects to all those that suffered as a result of the Hillsborough disaster 23 years ago.
    Chelsea went on to win the match, 5-1, in controversial circumstances after referee Martin Atkinson awarded them a goal at 1-0 despite the ball having not crossed the line.

The result means Liverpool will face the Blues in the FA Cup Final on May 5th at Wembley, 5:15pm kick off.

Chelsea have had to apologise for their fans behavour before, following “offensive chanting against Genk” and racist chanting on a train from Norwich. Their club captain is currently awaiting trial for racist abuse.
    Typical Chelsea

People who live in glass houses shouldnt throw stones lews, remember that next time you rage about suarez ;)

Hillsborough got nothing to do with Chelsea. Yes its disgraceful what the fans did such as boo, but I don't feel that something that happened 23 years that didn't affect either of the two sides should have any bearing on the game and therefore shouldnt probably have had the 1 minute silence. The 1 minute silence for Piermario is more logical as it is current and someone in the footballing family who has died.
  • When Gary Speed died for example it didnt affect many teams yet we all observed a minutes silence for a sad day for football, and probably will on the anniversary etc

Whether it affects the team or not its what happens....and only chelsea fans are scummy enough to do what they did, not only boo and sing but shout "murderers"

Even Man Utd our biggest rivals and the team with the most hate between our fans and theirs are classy enough to observe minutes silences for it.

Shit club, shit fans.
  • edited April 2012
    When Gary Speed died for example it didnt affect many teams yet we all observed a minutes silence for a sad day for football, and probably will on the anniversary etc

Whether it affects the team or not its what happens....and only chelsea fans are scummy enough to do what they did, not only boo and sing but shout "murderers"

Even Man Utd our biggest rivals and the team with the most hate between our fans and theirs are classy enough to observe minutes silences for it.

Shit club, shit fans.
    Only Chelsea fans? Clearly a stupid Liverpool/biased fan you are.

Your type of retarded fans booed Evra because he wouldnt stand being called a negro by Suarez. Your fans support racism. One sided view much?

Fans in all forms exist in all clubs. Even when Muamba first went down, initially there was some booing from Spurs fans as I was watching it live on SS2 but immediately afterwards they realised it was much more serious. In the heat of the moment stupid fans exist everywhere. Don't judge one group just by a few's actions.

Because you cannot justify your final statement of 'shit club, shit fans', it shows how you are a 'shit' person.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2093151/Liverpool-fan-accused-making-monkey-gesture--police-investigate.html

As well as other incidents with Liverpool and racism.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Liverpool-new-racism-row-Fan-accused-of-abusing-black-Oldham-player-Tom-Adeyemi-but-no-arrest-article849913.html

And based on your summary of Chelsea fans as a whole due to a few twats, I'm gonna do the same for Liverpool fans.

Liverpool fans are all scum and racist neo-nazis...

• I think I will always struggle to refer to Gary Speed in the past tense.

RIP Gary Sped.