Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any old players still around?

edited October 2014 in General
hey guys, just wondering are there any old players still around? I can't recall when's the last round I've played, but the last time I was active was around Round 2 up to round 13. I reckon. I only recall round 2 when secretland won the round as roman empire with terra. that was ages ago.

Rank Kingdom name Networth (round 2)
1 Roman Empire (2:5) 40,869,844
2 Optimus (3:33) 36,195,339
3 New Amber (2:13) 31,105,470

I just came back and sign up to check out how SK has been doing, and surprisingly it is, but the numbers have gone down pretty badly.

Are the xLTx / xMGx still around? I doubt. if so what happened? the likes of Omni , cleftasunder?

well I used to go by the name "zaosoul". wonder if there are anyone from way back then who's still playing.

Comments

• I was around back then and I recall your name but I doubt you'd recognize me. I was Eternias Revenge.
  • edited October 2014
    The name zaosoul sounds familiar, I was around during the period you mentioned, maybe we interacted?

Also, the other Amber is on that list! I miss that guy. When's the last time anyone heard from Corwin? He's the reason y'all know me as Merle :P
  • thanks for the reply!

I wonder what how many players are around these days? I tried searching, it seems like there's less than 7 galaxies? that's a bit too small. when I quit there was still around 7 galaxies.

last I left was probably around round 11-14, when xltx xmgx were really dominating the game. wonder what happened to them after that, if anyone knows? any top players from those rounds left?

who are the top players around these days? it used to be really competitive at the top last time. I still remembered all the top individual players formed their own alliance to counter xltx xmgx underground alliance, but still failed. because the LT fellas had real good team work.

put all the multis etc aside, it was really good competition then. this is actually a nice game, it offers something different from all the other computer games you have these days, there used to be real diplomacy in this game haha! it was all good fun.

planning to play next round, can someone update me on any major changes since then? I saw how DW is ridiculously imbalance. I'm sure the gameplay has changed for everyone.

btw, are there any top alliances dominating the game now? or underground alliance?
  • still playing, still same name, whats up
  • edited October 2014
    Clefasunder, now that takes me back lol
    Omni doesn't show around too much anymore. He still plays other closely related sk games I hear, but not much here.
  • I never left.
  • welcome back Daniel:)

I'm not sure if we have cross path in the past. I bumped into Miltu last week, and Mary (shining star), we will play next round.

i'm not sure about the changes, I am still trying to re-learn playing SK.
    ~Ashy

• I wonder what how many players are around these days? I tried searching, it seems like there's less than 7 galaxies? that's a bit too small. when I quit there was still around 7 galaxies.

Barely enough to fill one galaxy, but it's still fun.
  • Hey zao nice to c ya bro. Not to many left from lt/mg. not much after r13 they started to stop caring so much. Cleft no longer plays either. Few of us from the mg bunch still hang around here. U might remmember me names moogle.
  • fakz you
  • Im old, but was a nobody and still am :-)
  • edited October 2014
    Thats rude flazer.
  • I like when people post their old name. then it finally makes sense. lol
  • Mt Axefall was my KD name. I went by Dominix in forums and I did have 5kish posts before these new forums and my Original Pie name on these forums had 3-5k posts before I lost access to it :-(
  • I played a couple rounds when Shadowlands was a thing.. I think me and my middle school friend just shot nukes at each other though. That's what it's all about.
  • @Flames is pretty old.

:ar! :ar! :ar! :ar! :ar! :ar! :ar! :ar! :ar! :ar! :ar! :ar! :ar! :ar! :ar! :ar! :ar! :ar! :ar! :ar! :ar!
  • haha you really did find new purpose :P

Entertodie was my aim waaaaaay back when, I dont recognize you so i dont imagine you would me
  • I told you he was old.

:bz :bz :bz :bz :bz :bz :bz :bz :bz :bz :bz :bz :bz :bz :bz :bz
  • edited October 2014
    I played a few rounds as Azopolis or Azoplis way back then. Then I came back again and played in the round 20s for a bit, and then came back a few rounds ago. Dont remember all that much tho tbh lol
  • jonpaul1974: stop robbing my banks!!! thx! Signed General Signo of Sp00nArea 51 (9:33)
  • i chased omni away.
  • Game 10 HOF from Fenris (started 2002, February 6)

(listing the last 10 kingdoms in the HOF listing, i wonder if anyone recognize these kingdom names)

280. Qlippoth (11:39):
    281. Stalker (4:10):
    282. InsecureElves (1:19)
    283. Fires of HELL (3:38)
    284. Forever Robot Fugs (8:11)
    285. Amazone Country (2:17)
    286. Oko dominion (6:38):
    287. Mos Eisley (8:38):
    288. Phalanxz (1:8):
    289. wanadoo co xLTx (6:23):
    290. Warning Big Dog (12:2):
    291. The Untouchables (6:23):

(thanks to Depressland for the back up)
  • fakz you
    haha flazer, I nearly forgot about that ridiculous alliance I created named "mafakz"! that was fun.

well nice to see you lot still around, am thinking about playing this old game next round. if anyone is interested to take me in their group or alliance, I'd be happy. I had to practically read through the game manual to remember how to play the game haha!

I read that DW has increased to -95% cost of dragoons? goodness! that's almost free of charge to build an attack. would be fun if the old folks get together and play a round for fun. and perhaps form a decent alliance to compete.
  • Still here. If I played the round I'd multi rape you for supporting xLTx. Go away.
  • we need more dank in here
  • Still here. If I played the round I'd multi rape you for supporting xLTx. Go away.
    Quoting dank so there is more dank where there was less dank. YAY DANK!
  • go dank...the cookies in a glass of milk.
  • Mrs. Murphy: Dade?
    Dade Murphy: Yeah, ma?
    Mrs. Murphy: What are you doing?
    Dade Murphy: I'm taking over a TV network.
    Mrs. Murphy: Finish up, honey, and get to sleep.
  • Wassup Zao! The game has tremendously dwindled down... not many MG guys around!

Tiesto here