Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Scavenger Hunt 2014

Comments

• My remaining ones are a pain in the ass. I've been pretty busy, and that isn't going to change for at least another 7-10 days.
  • I may try to do a few more tonight. I have to look at my spreadsheet after I get home from work in 12-13 hours.
  • Ack. Looks like I'm late to the party :(
  • 2 ice cubes melting inside a pan with boiling soapy water inside and at the side, a blue sponge with detergent foam on it

Thats cold hot and foamy
  • edited October 2014
    oh, the sponge is fluffy too

and theres foam in the water, since its hard to see the foam on the sponge
  • Ack. Looks like I'm late to the party :(
    you're in the list...so, even if late, you're still in the game...lets do this!
  • edited October 2014

Items Listed:
    Forum name
    Date
    Token (Zipcard)

All the colors listed. (Marker Caps)

A boat (on the book cover, I'll probably go down to the lake sometime soon so you don't need to count this)

Something: Hard (whiteboard), Rough (the bill of the hat is corduroy, I can take a picture to better show this if needed), Smooth (the whiteboard/wall/game cases/etc), Warm (silver radiator in the bottom right of the picture, I can revise this if need be)

Nuts (pecan pieces on the right)

A tennis ball (right side)
    A rubber band ball (cause I put a rubber band or two on the tennis ball)

A game more than 10 years old (Pokemon Red)
    A game less than 2 years old (FFXIV: ARR)
    Super Mario anything (Super Mario Galaxy)
    Final Fantasy (FFXIV: ARR)
    A Pokemon Game (Pokemon Red)

A Sword (On the cover of the ffxiv:arr game...)

A representation of your nation (That flag drawing is AMAZING)
    A drink your country is known for (Craft beer! From Revolution Brewing here in chicago)
    A local delicacy (A craft beer! From reveolution brewing here in chicago)
    A local sports mascot/logo (Blackhawks hat! Go hawks!)

• edited October 2014
    actually, we can only post one picture a day

nvm, second one is just a close up of the left side
  • edited October 2014
    Whoops didn't read the one per day thing. Sounds good. I'll get a collection of crap for tomorrow :D

I can't delete the picture attached to this... I uploaded it from my phone and it says no permission.
  • welcome to the party Sci.

All added but the rubber band ball. I'm debating if I label that as creative or not meeting specifications.
  • Inching closer to the finish...

Mini Baseball - Baseball
    Football on packaging - Football (NA)
  • It can't be this hard really?

Anyway, moving on:

Balled up rubberband - Rubberband Ball :P
  • Rubber band ball :)
  • lol gagazet
  • Music store
    Game store
  • I need to check my list when I get home...
  • Ixta how close are gaga and I go the prize?
  • Yey, finally a doritos lol
  • edited October 2014
    Wait, there's a prize?! I've been doing this for fun, i didn't realize it was a competition...

@Cory: Ixta has a link to the main spreadsheet in her OP, though she hasn't added the recent items. Currently you're on 60 items, I'm on 65 of a total of 71 items.
  • Shucks I'll have to look at my last 11 and see what I can do.
  • I'm not sure if its loading wrong on my phone, but I posted an airplane, nuts, and a government building. First time live looked at the spreadsheet lol
  • I'm not sure if its loading wrong on my phone, but I posted an airplane, nuts, and a government building. First time live looked at the spreadsheet lol
    Those all have been checked off already. I just looked to make sure. :)
  • Wait, there's a prize?! I've been doing this for fun, i didn't realize it was a competition...
    I hadn't announced a prize, but I'd be happy to offer one!
  • @ix thanks, I'll check on my puter tonight and see what I'm missing.
  • edited October 2014
    Donuts.
    Local delicacy.
    Fluffy (donut).
    Smooth (granite)

Yates cider mill is over 150 years old.
  • edited October 2014
    ignore
  • Okay opened up the doc, I have done something smooth and a boat, but you can use the granite counter top for smooth. The boat was a lego boat.
  • i read smooth but imagining soft...

was like, smooth granite?
  • Helicopter
    Airplane
    Nerf gun
    Truck
    This post, Cory? I remember thinking that you forgot to list the boat as accomplished. But you didn't say boat, so I left it off.

I'm not sure how strict I should really be at this point, but the relevant rules section is this:

"When posting pictures, please state in your post which items on the list you intended to fulfill with the picture you took. this will make it easier for me to track the completion status of all the players. To bring back the previous example of a basketball... A picture without any statement, I will not count. If the player merely labels it "basketball", then it will only count for the basketball requirement. If the player labels it as "basketball, orange", then it will fulfill those two requirements, and so on."