Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pie > Cake

2»

Comments

• Pie > Cake

I saw the holiday argument before, and I think it's pretty backwards that a food needs the help of a specific date of the year to boost it's stock.

Except for one date of the year... and yes, it's specific to America, but makes the point none the less.

What do you eat with Thanksgiving. You know, that holiday that shames all other times of the year for American obesity. The biggest meal every year, and what do most families sit down with. Mother fuckin pie.
  • Isnt America the only country that celebrates Thanksgiving?

Theres a reason why Cake is used to celebrate something special because Cake is special Cake isnt used to make an event better a cake is used to accompany a special occasion.
  • Canadians celebrate it too, different day though. And we eat pumpkin pie. omnomnomnom
  • Canadians celebrate it too, different day though. And we eat pumpkin pie. omnomnomnom
    And we eat pumpkin pie. omnomnomnom
    pumpkin pie.
    pie.
  • Pumpkin pie isnt a dessert though.

I guess as a meal Pie is the winner but dessert Cake wins everytime.
  • Pumpkin pie isnt a dessert though.
    I'm not sure I can trust a word you say ever again.
  • After reading through the various arguments, I must say cake is better than I thought... But still no where near the level of Pie. I have stated before in another thread, but I feel I must post this in here.

Everyone loves pie.

We will start with the sexual aspect. If you are a straight guy, you gotta love your "hair", "hairless", "landing strip" pie. If you are a gay man.. get yourself some of that ol' mud pie. Gay female? See above... Just female? Better take care of you Pie.

Next, we will explore the "famous" side of Pie. Movies: American Pie 1-798, Revenge of the Nerds, Australian Pie. There's also Pie in nursery rhymes... Lil Jack Horner anyone? It's part of celebration rituals in baseball, shaving cream pie. Many classic comedians used pies as a prop.. I.e. Three Stooges, Chaplin... Cherry Pie is a song that went to #10 on billboards top 100 and introduced us to Bobbie Brown. Pie also appears in the video for Beastie Boys "Fight for your right to Party"

Now its on to the food aspect. Fancy Pie.. quiche, which is nothing more than egg pie. Dinner can consist of Pot Pies or Meat Pies or Frito Pie. Poorly made pie is called cobbler. Almost any type of fruit can and will be made into pie. There's many different kinds of crusts with pie, purely for your enjoyment. If you have an extra slice of pie, no one questions your weight. Pie doesn't need a special occasion. You can get pie on the go with Hostess Pies. Cheesecake is a pie, there's no cake in it. You can have it ala mode... And it sounds right.

My head hurts... I got more, but not the patience atm.

Pie > Cake
  • Why no love for cookies!
    cookies > pie and cake

• Seems like you put a lot of effort into that, i respect that.

Lol Cheesecake is a pie they just called it Cheesecake to make it seem better :P

Judging on your response you make a strong case for Pie as a Savory but as a Dessert it cant compete on an even play field.

Self explanatory
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cakes

A cake can use large degrees of creativity for decoration that out-matches a pie.
    Not only can you use fruit but can use lollies such as Crunchies, Mars, M&Ms and Marshmallows even Mint.

It doesnt need an event to make it better, cake makes the event better.

Sure the arguement about Cake is that you can eat all of a Pie and not feel sick but if you eat an entire cake you will feel sick and for a good reason FACT more you eat the fatter you will get unless you are me and have an epic metabolism.

Going for comedy? Sure the Stooges and Charlie Chaplain relied heavily on the classic pie to the face but what about the tradition blow out the candles then BAM! FACE IN THE CAKE! or the Sexy lady popping out of the cake? or the "magic" blow out the candles but the candles dont go out!

• Seems like you put a lot of effort into that, i respect that.

Lol Cheesecake is a pie they just called it Cheesecake to make it seem better :P

Judging on your response you make a strong case for Pie as a Savory but as a Dessert it cant compete on an even play field.

Self explanatory
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cakes

A cake can use large degrees of creativity for decoration that out-matches a pie.
    Not only can you use fruit but can use lollies such as Crunchies, Mars, M&Ms and Marshmallows even Mint.

It doesnt need an event to make it better, cake makes the event better.

Sure the arguement about Cake is that you can eat all of a Pie and not feel sick but if you eat an entire cake you will feel sick and for a good reason FACT more you eat the fatter you will get unless you are me and have an epic metabolism.

Going for comedy? Sure the Stooges and Charlie Chaplain relied heavily on the classic pie to the face but what about the tradition blow out the candles then BAM! FACE IN THE CAKE! or the Sexy Man popping out of the cake? or the "magic" blow out the candles but the candles dont go out!

hmmm, solid response i guess.
  • lol i see you editted it to suit your preferences Dogtown :P
  • It's a fun thread imo, which is truly the only one that counts... But Tbh, I never expected 50+ responses.
  • edited August 2012