Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WWVIII: Pokemon TCG

edited August 2012 in General
WWVIII: Pokemon

This game will be half WW, and half Pokemon TCG. Please make sure you read the relevant rules!

Typical WW game explanation:
WereWolf is a forum game featuring a battle between an informed minority and an uninformed majority. Players are secretly assigned roles: either wolves, who know each other; or townspeople, who know only the number of wolves among them. In the game's night phase the wolves covertly 'murder' a townsperson. During the day phase, all of the surviving players debate the identities of the wolves and vote to eliminate a suspect. Phases last roughly 24 hours. Play continues until all of the wolves have been eliminated, or until the wolves outnumber the townspeople. In this game, the wolves will be represented by Team Rocket, and the town will be played by Pokemon belonging to Ash, Misty, and Brock.

Pokemon WW:SK will be played slightly differently.
All players will be assigned a Pokemon role, along with the card specific to that Pokemon. From this card, players will know their HP and attacks. We will not be utilizing energy costs, resistances, or weaknesses.

During the day phase, voting will occur as per normal WW rules to "lynch" one player in the game. Whoever has the most votes at the end of the day dies. If there is a tie, there is no lynch.

During the night phase, all players will be able to make attacks in accordance with the moves available on their cards. If there are 2 attack options on their card, they may only pick one per night. These attacks will deal damage to their targets, or cause various status effects.

For the convenience of the game, there are some modifications to the moves on the cards.

Sleep and Paralysis will block players from performing any action during the same night they are hit with the effect, and will wear off before the next night, leaving them free to act.

Confusion will be handled by a coin flip. When a confused player makes an attack, if heads, the attack will succeed, if tails, the player damages themselves with how much damage their attack was worth. Confusion also wears off before the next night.

If a player is hit with Poison, an additional 5 damage will be caused to that player every following night. Poison will not wear off.

Players will not be informed about attacks or status effects hitting them (with a couple exceptions: poison and Jigglypuff's Sleep). However, I will be keeping a public spreadsheet tracking the HP of each Pokemon, available here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AhD7IK-rCmW_dGdHa1BnYnhFUFVsY1JoZTJ3d0ZZVVE

Any player reduced to 0 HP in the night will die.

All nightly moves will processed on a first come-first served basis.

For example, if Pikachu attacks jigglypuff at 7:00pm, and then Jigglypuff puts Pikachu to sleep at 7:05pm, Jigglypuff WILL still be hit by Pikachu's attack that night.

However, there are a few exceptions to this rule:
Pikachu's Agility will block all damage taken during the night, regardless of when the attack is sent.
Self-healing or damage-reducing attacks, suck a Bulbasaur's Leech Seed, Jigglypuff's Expand, Onix's Harden, etc, will all be applied to whatever damage is taken during the night, regardless of when the attack is used.

Specific Notes:
Pidgey's Whirlwind will do damage to the targeted player, as we are not playing with "benched" Pokemon.
Meowth's Payday will simply do 20 damage, with no extra effects.
Weepinbell's Corrode Target will simply do 10 damage, with no other effects.
Togepi's Snivel will act as a passive skill and reduce any attack that hits it by 20. Togepi's Mini-Metronome must be directed at a specific player, and will steal one of that player's moves in order to attack it.
Psyduck's Call for Friend skill will function as a WW seer, revealing which team a targeted player belongs to.
Krabby's Call for Family skill will perform as a WW seer as well, revealing which team a targeted player belongs to.
Jigglypuff will be playing for an independent win, not as part of the "town" or as part of team rocket. MAJOR EXCEPTION: Jigglypuff's Sleep will be PERMANENT. Players will be informed if they are put to sleep permanently by Jigglypuff, and will not be able to use their nightly moves for the rest of the game. However, they can still vote during the day normally.

Night will be 24 hours long.

Standard WW rules apply. You may speak day or night, but votes that occur during night will NOT be counted.

Player List: 21 players

campbell511
Damdred
Darubian
DivineWind_United

Dogtown
Dutch
Eiko
Flazer
GagazetSK
gl0stix - Replaced by Sandusky
Jeph410
jesterawx
LewsTherin
NoSocialGroup
Sanduskyclause
SilentButterfly
Sup3rWet
Talnoy
TMonsta - Replaced by Phantom
Tyrsis
Zeality

Pokemon:

Ash's Team:
Pikachu
Charmander
Squirtle
Bulbasaur
Pidgey
Krabby

Brock's Team:
Geodude
Onix
Vulpix
Zubat

Misty's Team:
Staryu
Togepi
Goldeen
Psyduck

Team Rocket:
Koffing
Ekans
Meowth
Magikarp
Lickitung
Weepinbell

Independant:
Jigglypuff

Comments

• edited July 2012
    Ash's Pokemon
  • edited July 2012
    Brock's Pokemon
  • edited July 2012
    Misty's Pokemon
  • edited July 2012
    Team Rocket Pokemon
  • edited July 2012
    Jigglypuff!
  • edited July 2012
    Oh no!
    Team Rocket has shown up Pokemon Tournament! Ash, Misty, and Brock were alerted to their presence when Team Rocket tried to steal their Pokemon with a giant Mecha and blabbed about their plans to win the tournament in disguise, and then steal everyone's Pokemon! Ash and friends are out to stop Team Rocket, but will they be successful in locating them when their disguises are so fiendishly clever?

This game will start at Day, and day 1 will last 2 days, roughly.

Day 1, and the first round of the Pokemon tournament, has Begun!

All votes must be bolded, please.
  • WOW This is amazing. you outdone yourself!
  • yea this really is brilliant! Nice job!
  • Sounds good!
    Lead the way with the conspiracy theories ;) I'm new so I'll just tag along.
  • Ixta Ftw.
  • edited July 2012
    Ixta Ftw.
    are chinese allowed to comment here ??
  • I vote we lynch SuperWet .
  • edited July 2012
    Lynching superwet for his offensive, unnecessary racial comments.
  • Bolding Reminder: <b>Name</b>

Ah let the baseless accusations begin...

I'm not entirely sold on voting off Sup3rWet this early, he tends to whine a lot when lynched :P That said, no one else has been named so i guess voting for Sup3rWet is all we got for now...
  • Well I knew from using an offensive unnecessary racial comments I would start the hate bandwagon against me... So this might have been my plan...
    Anyway I vote Talnoy. Because he still play WW:pokemon but is TOO scared to play for real on the SK terranova server...so yeah Talnoy for being a chicken.
  • edited July 2012
    as long as we're baseless voting, I Vote flazer
  • band wagon ftw Sup3rWet
  • edited July 2012
    Tyrsis

• by the way, from last game, we saw the first people to start the band wagon are the WW. So that was my plan , to get them out. I sacrificed myself for you guys. But I did it for the village...
  • edited August 2012
    edited for ixta
  • Im the biased motherfucker? Least im not out to randomly lynch the first guy I see!
  • edited August 2012
    edited for ixta
  • I'm only picking you here so I'm not bandwagoning, and because I know you dont have the votes to get voted out yet
  • I lynched superwet for being racist, he wasnt even the first to post. Stop being a retard.
  • edited August 2012
    edited for ixta
  • How could you not find it funny, lol chill the fuck out.
  • Lynch Sup3rwet for being a racist fag.
  • Please kill me I had no idea what I was getting myself into...