Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gears of War..... 4

edited May 2012 in General
You are all welcome.

Comments

• id rather play halo 4 than gow 4, and you can only guess how i feel about halo 4
  • I really do have to say flazer that i think halo 4 is going to be an awesome addition to the series, but gow is an awesome series to begin with. I dont think it has the userbase that Halo does by any means, but from the gameplay, to the graphics, and the story it tells is just awesome. I have yet to finish 3 but now i have an idea as to how its going to end. I dont think i can complain about it though.
  • It's a weird comparison, but the gameplay of Gears of War series reminds me of playing Mr. Slam in Twisted Metal 2 (and only because I was total pwnage with Mr. Slam).
  • haha, I wont be playing either, Ill be playing Persona 4
  • GoW is a solid series, makes you feel like youre right there in it killin locusts.
    One of the better story driven games that doesnt give up on polish in favor of a good lengthy story.

Halo is in the same boat, might get around to playing both 4's one day.
  • halo had a story?
  • Cod/halo/gow etc..

Release a game and make money ---> release the exact same game with slightly different story and different online maps for more money

repeat
  • edited June 2012
    Of course it did, dont be foolish. You dont go round merkin aliens for nothin!

Gows online was gay balls, i dont mind payin 30$ for a good storyline. Solid coop campaign, same with Halo.
  • or just sell your game company to EA/ Activision, see what happens :-p
  • edited June 2012
    I guess Im not as much of a gamer as I used to be cause Ive noticed a lot of hate from friends directed to Ea Activision but couldnt fogure why

Sidenote: people said the activision Blizzard merger would ruin gaming. Im fairly pleased so far though :p
  • I am mad with EA. I bought a used game and was banned from multiplayer unless I paid them AGAIN for their online code. It should be enough their game is in a console and not gathering dust on a store shelf. I took the game back. Let it sit. EA also ruined an amazing game in Command and Conquer. Westwood Studios will forever be missed.
  • Online passes aren't a new thing other studios have used them before EA did at this point. EA on the other hand does not allow direct competition to many of their top tier franchies buying exclusive rights or just buying the competitions studios. I understand having to make a profit but its better for the video game market for different studios to be doing the same thing leads to better products.

EA has a bad habbit of doing several things, 1. Rushing products such as Dragon Age 2 etc. 2. Rehashing the same things over and over again without fixing them ie Madden.
    I do not hate EA as much as most people but to say that they are a good video game publisher is incorrect, they are a smart company who buys up good video game publishers at this point and uses them as cash cows until the products produce fall below the quality that they were publishing before hand.
  • EA does maintain a decent quality. I was FURIOUS when they bought the rights to the NFL for Madden thus destroying NFL 2K. NFL 2K was better by far in those days and these me to wonder how much better they could have been today
  • Sounds like a true capitalist company haha.
    That being said, I think the gaming world is nearing a breaking point; F2P games with microtransactions that arent gamebreaking seem to be growing exponentially.

Talks of all the next gen consoles going digital(aka destroying used game stores) brought up an interesting point. There will be a steep decline in sales if that happens and priced aremt lowered. 60$ for a game would be outrageous if its locked to you.
  • EA has some of the worst customer service I have ever experienced. They also have little regard for the games themselves and only look to make more money off of the consumer by creating all of these online passes and forcing players to subscribe to online sites just to play their games. Right now I still buy some EA games because they do have good games but the company sucks and I might try to start boycotting them.
  • Sounds like a true capitalist company haha.
    That being said, I think the gaming world is nearing a breaking point; F2P games with microtransactions that arent gamebreaking seem to be growing exponentially.

Talks of all the next gen consoles going digital(aka destroying used game stores) brought up an interesting point. There will be a steep decline in sales if that happens and priced aremt lowered. 60$ for a game would be outrageous if its locked to you.
    Blaming Capitalism for the success a company enjoys is stupid. Sure I have things I dont like EA but they are successful and will continue to be for a long time. I harbor no ill will to them for making money at all. Its why we all work. They just do it better then others. I just have issues with certain aspects of what they do.
  • Well another thing that could happen next gen of course is locking the physical copy to your system as in what DCU did (playstation 3 mmo) it wasn't popular until it went free to play and theres still stink about it. I think the XBOX brand would go this route before Sony and Nintendo would (though there have been mentions of xbox and sony implementing it).

EA does have horrible Customer support and did kill 2k football atleast but 2k basketball killed eas basketball lol. And decent quality errrr, well the studios they buy still have decent quality but it slowly declines over time as EA pushes the companies to develop the games on a tighter schedule with no pushed back dates (good and bad thing). I think EA would push back dates if it wasn't for the invention of Post release patches that have been implemented this generation. This has allowed these companies to maximize profit and keep release dates on a tight schedule.

Its just the nature of the beast now
  • last EA game I have bought is dragon age 2. What a fucking disgrace
  • Dragon Age 2 had potential to be great as the first one, but it felt more ilke a prolog to the third game and it felt really rushed
  • bad storyline, bad characters, bad play, bad every fucking thing, I returned the shitty fucking game after I beat the first act or w/e, rehashed levels, worse than devil may cry, for a calibur as a sequel to dragon age, is not acceptable by any standard.
  • The game picked up a good bit in the 2nd act and i would of much rather the whole game was about the war that broke out with the quanari and hawk but it wasn't to be so...and the twist with poor anders left a bad taste in my mouht <.<
  • it copied mass effect, the first problem
  • mass effect and dragon age were bad so yea.
  • LOL WHAT COLOR DID YOU GET LOLOLOLOLOLKOLOlol
  • LOL WHAT COLOR DID YOU GET LOLOLOLOLOLKOLOlol
    They are changing the ending or atleast a true epilog i suppose. Let me rephrase what prime has said, Mass Effect 1, and 2 and most of three are a epic triology that sets up a sequence of events that was amazing and the imersion was top notch. The ending was tacked on and left one wanting and wondering what really happened...
  • so that you could spend another 60 dollars to see the "true" ending
  • the dlc expansion ending they are giving is free
  • if there wasn't an uproar about it, 100% guaranteed there was going to be a pay for it. There was a reason EA was voted worse than bank of america as worst company in america.
  • True enough, :P EA is a horrible company has ruined so many franchies imo....but i'll still give dragon age 3 a chance if it comes out lol