Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cities: Skyline

edited September 2017 in General
Anyone play this? Saw a buddy play it a week or so ago, tried it at his place last night and I bought it today. Been playing it 4+ hours already.

Comments

• On Medieval 2 with stainless steel 6.4 and SSHIP + SSHIP tweaks. Nothing beats it.
  • what is it?
  • Playing Steamworld Dig 2 right now.
  • edited September 2017
    It's a city builder simulator.

Basically Sim City but better (and newer).

Need to manage residential/commercial/industrial zones. Build services (police/fire/garbage/health/etc).

You manage your budget, control taxes, regulate zones.
  • android compatable?
  • not compatible with anything, didnt find from any pirate sites i use :(
  • It's on Steam.
  • edited September 2017
    youtube.com/watch?v=E0NbbPZfHwc
  • Pretty crazy city someone built here, skip to the end if you want to see the result:

youtube.com/watch?v=HRDdyJZHSo4
  • not compatible with anything, didnt find from any pirate sites i use :(
    i googled cities skyline and a certain site that has a ship logo. found it in seconds
  • i dont use piratebay, that place is for nubs. i use few of the biggest private trackers there are. This game looks awesome and i will definately play it, i wont pay the 30 bucks, i pay 0 bucks for this game :) send me the link to this game arson
  • edited September 2017
    i dont use piratebay, that place is for nubs. i use few of the biggest private trackers there are. This game looks awesome and i will definately play it, i wont pay the 30 bucks, i pay 0 bucks for this game :) send me the link to this game arson
    i was a part of an old-game private tracker for the longest time, it had all games from before like 2002, was awesome to get some hard to find things. private trackers are awesome but not using public ones is nubbin too -- you'll find a lot more common things searching public ones.

i'll pm your kd the link :P
  • Let me know if you guys get it and what you think.

I downloaded it yesterday and so far have like 12-14 hours into it. Yesterday was basically a write-off.

It takes some getting used to. The basics are very simple, but planning takes some practice/strategy.

I've made 3 cities so far.

City 1: Lasted about 10-20 minutes. Forgot to connect power supply to my water pump so basically my town had no water, therefore I was not collecting taxes and I went bankrupt quickly.

City 2: Lasted probably 2-3 hours. Eventually ran out of coal for my power supply (bad traffic caused trucks not to deliver) and no one had power. Went bankrupt soon after.

City 3: Still going strong, figured out more things though my traffic is an absolute mess. You can check traffic flow and basically half my city is in grid-lock. Still testing things out though. Eventually going to start a 4th city and start from scratch.
  • sounds awesome :) cant wait to try this game
  • download finished, was blocked in my country, did 2 clicks and it wasnt blocked anymore :)
  • Awesome. Have fun!

Here is my 4th city. Really focusing on A) Traffic design (not bad so far) and keeping my districts separate (residential, commercial, industrial).

https://ibb.co/mpMRUQ
  • whats behind that link? my antivir keeps blockin it
  • Just a snip of my game.

imgur wouldn't work for some reason.
  • You get started? I'm at work now and wont be home until 9PM tonight so all I can do is day dream of my city :(
  • I believe so. That's all I play so I didnt look into other options.
  • edited September 2017
    Good useful video here. I watched the entire thing.

youtube.com/watch?v=HY4jAvYg94s
  • Platform(s)
    Microsoft Windows
    OS X
    Linux
    Xbox One
    PlayStation 4
  • Hazza gonna play the mobile version.
  • edited September 2017
    just installing, this installer by codex, its playin prodigy smack my bitch up while it installs :) good song
  • ohhhhh. ps4. I'm checking it now
  • *continues with clicker heroes*
  • Apparently this game was developed in Finland!
  • so its the "finished" game...
  • punny.

more videos of it cuz I'm not spending 40 bucks for it.