Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SK Rules

edited September 2011 in Game Talk
http://www.starkingdoms.com/rules.php

Since many of you continue to not understand what the rules of the game are I thought I would make a separate thread to enlighten you on the rules of the game. The above link sends you directly to the official SK rules which are the only real rules that I understand will be penalized by an admin or enforced by the players if needed. In effect they are the only written rules this game has that should be enforced by everyone.

What many of you have been doing is following a separate code of rules called the player made rules. I just felt it was important to clarify that the player made rules have absolutely no relation to the official rules of this game and should be measured by each player individually as they are NOT mandatory rules to follow. This is important to point out because it seems to be a trend of connecting the official game rules to the player made rules when in fact there is no connection at all. The official rules were created by the head admin and owner of this game while the player made rules were made by common players. Again no one is required to follow the player made rules but they are required to follow the official rules as laid down by the admin.

All I ask is that you refrain from connecting the player made rules to the official rules as if the 2 were one in the same when they really are not. There is no obligation for any player to follow the player made rules and it should not be implied that there is.

Comments

• screw the original rules...player made rules rules
  • Aww poor Tyrsis, noone cares.
  • Tyrsis tries way too hard lol
  • What you fail to see Ty is that if a player decides not to follow player-made rules (which they are fully allowed to do), the AL's have discretion to punish accordingly. You can say you're all high and mighty and not breaking SK Rules, but at the end of the day you still won't have a KD. :-p
  • What you fail to see Ty is that if a player decides not to follow player-made rules (which they are fully allowed to do), the AL's have discretion to punish accordingly. You can say you're all high and mighty and not breaking SK Rules, but at the end of the day you still won't have a KD. :-p
    And furthermore you won't be able to go complain to bcart that they killed you for violating player made rules and not his rules. :P

• edited September 2011
    "Deleting and remaking an account to get on a certain sector is not allowed."

There are some that we pretty much ignore as well which are player based decisions.
  • Yes, but it doesn't say that deleting and remaking to get in a certain alliance is not allowed. ;-) Semantics, but yeah, I don't care about that rule.
  • Why do you people always believe what I post!

It is all garbage!
  • so many clueless idiots in this thread.

should rename to marvel check in.
  • But then I couldn't post, I'm not in the crap load known as Marvel.
  • No, but the other one is.
  • I think this needs a bumb
  • He bumbed this one.
  • I agree with everything this man says.
  • In this time of turmoil and war I figured it would fit in pretty nicely.
  • I vote we banish Squirrel and worship Lews.
  • Request denied Lews.
  • Request denied Lews.
    Justified!
  • edited March 2012
    Lews I already worship you
  • SierraNevada Beer sucks asshole, it's worse than blue moon
  • Lews I already worship you
    First task I set to you my prophet, eliminate TMonsta...make it look an accident.
  • Best of luck Sierra!
  • Best of luck Sierra!
    Luck? He has my backing. Thats more luck than you'll ever need.
  • I won't need any luck if he succeeds, I'll be dead.
  • http://www.starkingdoms.com/rules.php

Since many of you continue to not understand what the rules of the game are I thought I would make a separate thread to enlighten you on the rules of the game. The above link sends you directly to the official SK rules which are the only real rules that I understand will be penalized by an admin or enforced by the players if needed. In effect they are the only written rules this game has that should be enforced by everyone.

What many of you have been doing is following a separate code of rules called the player made rules. I just felt it was important to clarify that the player made rules have absolutely no relation to the official rules of this game and should be measured by each player individually as they are NOT mandatory rules to follow. This is important to point out because it seems to be a trend of connecting the official game rules to the player made rules when in fact there is no connection at all. The official rules were created by the head admin and owner of this game while the player made rules were made by common players. Again no one is required to follow the player made rules but they are required to follow the official rules as laid down by the admin.

All I ask is that you refrain from connecting the player made rules to the official rules as if the 2 were one in the same when they really are not. There is no obligation for any player to follow the player made rules and it should not be implied that there is.

So to make an analogy to real life, your argument is that the Natural laws are the only real laws set upon you by the universe, and that the laws that your government or the UN puts in place are bullshit and they have no right to execute or incarcerate you? GL in life.

• Can you specify facets of your analogy a little more? Would the SK rules be the Natural laws of the universe? If so, they are broken constantly.
  • I'd say it's more like SK rules are the laws of your country, and player made rules are social "norms", like don't wear socks with sandals or spit on people. Breaking SK rules (should) get you disabled, while breaking a player made rule might not result in anything, or it might result in getting yourself killed. The problem is that SK is a country with a government that doesn't do it's share of the deal.
  • edited March 2012
    SierraNevada Beer sucks asshole, it's worse than blue moon
    fuck you. I like both those beers
  • Lews I already worship you
    First task I set to you my prophet, eliminate TMonsta...make it look an accident.
    It will be done my master.
  • SierraNevada Beer sucks asshole, it's worse than blue moon
    fuck you. I like both those beers
    you, sir have horrible taste. Please go drink your Natural Light also