Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Should the husband who cheated be allowed to divorce?

edited June 2015 in General
The husband who cheated on his wife filed for a divorce because he cant live with her anymore despite the wife not wanting it. So usually the wife should file for divorce and the husband begging for forgiveness. Well its the other way around in this case. Should he be allowed a divorce?

Comments

• edited June 2015
    in brazil, there have been cases where the husband was cheating and, after his death, the wife had to share the pension with the mistress.

now for the question, yes, and should the wife prove he cheated, some legal actions could be taken so she is "refunded" due to his breach of contract (assuming one was signed upon marriage)
  • Since he cheated on her then he should be gelded.
  • why he should not be allowed divorce? its his life afterall and nobody should be forced to do anything he doesnt want, like living in a bad relationship. i dunno how it works in where you live at, prolly marriages are forced there?
  • The only people who should have a say in who marries whom are the parents. My parents are currently holding out for an extra cow and 3 sheep more from the last offer made to us for me to get married.
  • The husband who cheated on his wife filed for a divorce because he cant live with her anymore despite the wife not wanting it. So usually the wife should file for divorce and the husband begging for forgiveness. Well its the other way around in this case. Should he be allowed a divorce?
    Yes. it does not matter who cheated. if one of the partner (wife or husband) want a divorce, go for it.
  • edited June 2015
    I say no. In the state of Texas, if you divorce a woman, up to 55% can be removed from your paychecks to pay for her dumb ass. She gets much of any property you may have, the kids, the car, you name it, the woman is taken care of VERY well in my state. I feel bad for men tbh.

To give you an idea about how hard it is to fight woman in the courts here,

My brother had a child with a woman who had 2 already. She fell asleep while on pills and smother a new born she had after her and my brother separated. That baby died. A second child of hers was nearly killed in a similar accident except with her son. After that happened, it still took my brother nearly 6 years to win full custody. Fuck divorce, woman can fuck you to the point that you might as well die.
  • kill all women! atleast in texas lol
  • Do americans actually have prenups or are these things just in the movies?
  • Yea we have prenups, but to actually get someone to fill that crap out, that's a whole different story lol.
  • Yea we have prenups, but to actually get someone to fill that crap out, that's a whole different story lol.
    Hahaha this was always weird for me to understand. Can you imagine going into a marriage with the idea of "if you cheat on me, at least I keep my money". Seems a bit like they shouldnt be grtting married.
    Hahaha this was always weird for me to understand. Can you imagine going into a marriage with the idea of "if you cheat on me, at least I keep my money". Seems a bit like they shouldnt be grtting married.
    People change. That sweet girl you married might become an aggressive alcoholic etc

You dont get a prenup for the now, you get a prenup for the what if.
  • What every one has got to realise is that more girls in the world cheat on the partners rather than men

Just think how bad lads are went you go out on the pop and get drunk as a skunk, talking about fucking her
    Licking her pussy etc etc

Woman are meant to be worse... More girls cheat than men
  • I say no. In the state of Texas, if you divorce a woman, up to 55% can be removed from your paychecks to pay for her dumb ass. She gets much of any property you may have, the kids, the car, you name it, the woman is taken care of VERY well in my state. I feel bad for men tbh.

To give you an idea about how hard it is to fight woman in the courts here,

My brother had a child with a woman who had 2 already. She fell asleep while on pills and smother a new born she had after her and my brother separated. That baby died. A second child of hers was nearly killed in a similar accident except with her son. After that happened, it still took my brother nearly 6 years to win full custody. Fuck divorce, woman can fuck you to the point that you might as well die.
    thats pathetic man. I hear some story from friends in washington area too. no matter how retarded the woman...took long to get the rightful custody to the dad.
  • Do americans actually have prenups or are these things just in the movies?
    For my own, I did not have any (canada here). Take note that the husband or wife has the RIGHT not to ask anything from each other after the separation. Maybe they will divide common assets among themselves.

However, lawyers on the other hand would insist that I get 50% of all assets, liabilities and capital assets. If I got along with the lawyer, things get ugly, children become pawns, raging anger, name calling.This is where people screw up, because they can use the court systems (family court) to get their revenge, even their children as pawns.
    Maybe I get it, but I really don't. [anger gets the worst in you]

I got married in my own terms, I will leave in my own terms and no lawyers can tell me otherwise. IMHO, just leave and re-start your life, if relationship/marriage goes wrong. Leave everything if possible, anything material can be replaced. In cases where children are involve, be amenable to flexible schedule, and co-parenting agreements and try to make the transition easier for kids. It is really not their fault why the marriage ended.

Most cases, cheating and other accusations does not really count in family court. So, you are barking at the wrong tree if you include that in family court.

There is no point in staying in a very bad or un-healthy relationship.

But....if you must leave, don't ask too much, don't carry too much. Most couple are caught in petty matters that has no bearing for future life plans.

Also, in Canada, I don't think you can withhold your partner from divorce. Maybe, you delay it, by not signing the divorce papers?

it often changes right away when they get married, the woman acts like she would do anything for the guy until they are married, then she gets fat and becomes pain in the ass, i would not give a penny for the chick, they are so often just after the money.

ooow, what a happy looking couple... i really needs to get out of internet!
  • 2 years dating and another of engagement should be enough to clear doubts over finantial interest...

I mean, a relationship is not just a walk in the park, it takes effort...

Its each part's job to study and undertand the other.
  • edited June 2015
    Example #2

My uncle was married to his ex wife Elizabeth. He put her through Med school. 10 years later and nearly 8 kids, she graduates. Divorces my uncle the day after she graduates. He's a broke mother fucker now.
  • Example #2

My uncle was married to his ex wife Elizabeth. He put her through Med school. 10 years later and nearly 8 kids, she graduates. Divorces my uncle the day after she graduates. He's a broke mother fucker now.
    So many questions...

He paid for her entire med school?
    She took 10years to finish it?
    Whats "nearly 8 kids"? (7 and an abortion?)
  • 2 years dating and another of engagement should be enough to clear doubts over finantial interest...

I mean, a relationship is not just a walk in the park, it takes effort...

Its each part's job to study and understand the other.
    Totally agree.
  • Whatever it was that she went for, not sure wtf it was, and yes, he paid for it.

I say nearly 8 kids because they could have 10 for all I know, I lost track after 6.
  • Seems like murica has a lot divorces. I know for a fact half the families in the UK get divorced. Statistics.
  • Seems like a lot of people shouldn't get married in the first place.
  • Seems like a lot of people shouldn't get married in the first place.
    It's especially a good day to be a divorce lawyer in Mercia lol
  • Oh there are legitimate reasons for people to get divorced. But many people who get divorced shouldn't have gotten married in the first place.
  • so....be alone for the rest of ther lives?
  • edited June 2015
    If you are only committing for the next 3 years...just stay dating. Marriage is commitment for life. Not, I'm with you until I get bored in a couple of years.
  • i don't thnk everyone marries expecting a divorce.

Life happens. Shit happens. Divorce happens.