Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ashnod's Cookies and Popcorn Thread

Comments

• summer is great.

I just get bitten and hope I don't get west nile.
  • Cyclists in Edmonton have almost gotten me thrown in jail :|

They ride down the bike lane, which is already questionable as its a foot across and my truck is inches away from them. Then they cut me off without looking or waving or anything. Sometimes they just flat out ride in the middle of a lane, where the speed limit is 70km/h.

Like wat.
  • Cyclists in Edmonton have almost gotten me thrown in jail :|

They ride down the bike lane, which is already questionable as its a foot across and my truck is inches away from them. Then they cut me off without looking or waving or anything. Sometimes they just flat out ride in the middle of a lane, where the speed limit is 70km/h.

Like wat.
    Zeal: that is also a problem in Ottawa, there is no physical barrier separating the bike lanes. And that, 1 foot? who are we kidding? It is an accident waiting to happen.

I think this was 2011, a lady died in downtown Ottawa. The parked car opened the door, hit her...and she was thrown into the traffic where a car ran her over. http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/ottawa-cyclist-dies-after-hit-by-car-door-1.1024005

No one went to jail........but I do understand you concern on these very small distance between car and bike, and no physical barrier.

I think - if it is that tight of space, DO NOT put bike lanes. Just for everyone's safety.

• summer is great.

I just get bitten and hope I don't get west nile.
    I hope not. The gardens are so beautiful, but I got bitten too.

• For those planting their own vegetables and herb, what have you planted so far?
  • zucchini 2 types, cucumber, potatoes, beets, carrots, kale.

will plant tomatoes,peas, green beans,yellow beans, radish
    gf mentioned a couple other things but I've forgotten I'm sure she will remind me sometime.
  • edited May 2015
    frost warning tonight here in ottawa.

tomorrow, i will be going to the garden with coffee in hand to check the damage.
    zucchini 2 types, cucumber, potatoes, beets, carrots, kale.

will plant tomatoes,peas, green beans,yellow beans, radish
    gf mentioned a couple other things but I've forgotten I'm sure she will remind me sometime.
    do you have a bigger garden?

I would love to plant zucchini, but the last time I did, it occupied the whole backyard. I like zucchini anyways, the green ones and the golden ones. It just needs lots of space.
  • I have taken over my brothers garden who lives across the street from my place. and his garden is 75ft by 75 ft or there abouts.

https://weatherspark.com/#!dashboard;ws=27779
    no frost warning for me :)
  • I have taken over my brothers garden who lives across the street from my place. and his garden is 75ft by 75 ft or there abouts.

https://weatherspark.com/#!dashboard;ws=27779
    no frost warning for me :)
    Thats is a big plot. Wow! I wish I have that big of a space.

I like to make all herb garden, but all I have is pots for them.

@Mages: tomatoes never fail. it is always a hit and much and much more.
  • edited May 2015
    @Veii: What do you think?

Mages = Mana +1
    What if these aren't really PandaSK's multis, but this is the true return of Fenris, and they are all the Fenris folk that Ash tried to bring back rounds ago? O_o
  • Mmm...

they are too quiet, we talk to darn much! ;-)
  • Mmm...

they are too quiet, we talk to darn much! ;-)
    hehe especially General Veii
  • Lol. I thought it was a funny idea.
    i run it with Veii. He said we talk too much, which is so true. We chatter too much, like the people at Starbucks.

Maybe, we are at Starbucks...
  • Where you been Ashnod
    So, I was gone for 5 days..hiking up in the Gatinue, then some gardening/landscape work for 6 days.

I came back and my kingdom is still alive? This is definitely a different era in SK.

The outdoors @Mages....its amazing out there.
  • edited June 2015
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Clintonia borealis - Wildflower of Ontario, found it along Wolf Trail from Meech Lake. It looks like an orchid, but it is actually from the Lilium family. Probably, because the flowers resemble to trout lilies.
  • Tawadina Look-out, just off Wolf Trail.
    Elevation: 218 meters.

I found the rock is feldspar rich, and you can actually make out the pinkish color of the rock. I did not have my hand lens, but it would be nice to look at the grains of these rocks.

The striations of the rocks looks uniform - so my guess that this was not disturb since the last Glacial Period.

This is quite massive for a rich feldspar rock formation, and I look over the sides near the trees and there is no trace of Glacial Till. I can infer that this big boulder of feldspar rock formation is deposited by advancing glaciers. It would be amazing if I could get my hands on historical geology of this specific boulder.

On the fun note, I went to the edges and notice that there is a small crevasse that could be use to free solo this rock. There was an S formation of rock ledges, that can be easily doable for a rock free solo. Next time, I think I will bring my crash pad, and start free solo rock climbing in this area as it looks accessible. I hope no poison Ivy, but it looks really clear, I was also tempted to free solo a small section to see how far can I go.

• edited June 2015
    @Mages

At Blanchet Beach, I cannot help but take picture of a Clivus Multrum composting toilet.
    This is my first encounter of a composting toilet?
    Anyone else camping and seen this one?

Now, the portable potty stinks, but this one is bearable. I did not find this kind of toilet in parks near Ottawa, but Meech Lake has this one. Saves water...you don't have to flush it.

Blanchet Beach parking lot, P13, Chemin du Lac-Meech, Chelsea, QC

• This is an amazing creek on top of the hike, just a block up the look out.
    At 218 meters elevation, this creek is well populated. About noon time, I hear bull frogs.
    And there was a beaver dam, in the middle, just close by the dead tree.
    The beaver dam looks massive in person, but in the general landscape, it looks like a little bump compared to the rock formations along the creek.

• Cypripedioideae

Just because -- its one of my favorite Orchid. Massive clumps along Wolf Trail.
    "take nothing but photographs. leave nothing but footprints".

• ~back to making cookies~

does anyone thing organic vegetables is worth the price?
  • edited June 2015

There was a time
    When words don't rhyme
    There was a night
    When everything seems right

Raindrops falling
    Heaven's blessing's?
    Hearts Revenge?
    None...I'm drenched.

• Can uncle viva have a cookey ashdod aka petyr baelish 1.2 :-)
  • If i give viva a cookie will he be nice?

*pats viva's head* good lad!
  • edited June 2015
    Good Morning Veii! Thanks for being the cookie master...

"Carrots are good for the eyes."
    "I don't believe that baloney!"
    "Did you ever see a rabbit with glasses?"
  • "THERE IS ONLY ONE COOKIE MASTER OF SK
    AND HIS NAME IS DOLE
    BOW BEFORE ME"
  • Tis a true statement. I believe I've informed everyone that I am the Cookie Monster, the Cookie Pimp, the Cookie Lord, the Cookie King, The Cookie Master.
  • My apologies. LOL
    did not know this belong to Eternia's. I hope you return the cookie jar.
  • Ah it's all good, you are a grand dispenser of the cookies. Keep it up Ash.
  • Ah it's all good, you are a grand dispenser of the cookies. Keep it up Ash.
    that's the spirit!!!
  • Because the people that play SK.