Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ashnod's Cookies and Popcorn Thread

edited May 2015 in General
Well, this is the popcorn and cookies thread.

If you whine and bitch about SK, we will still allow you to post it here. After all, there is freedom of speech.
I may not agree with you, but I uphold your rights to say it.
Chill...Life is good.

Comments

• edited May 2015
    Funny meme, sarcastic comments are welcome.

Ice cold beer is welcome too.

• That popcorn looks good
  • ~ passes popcorn to Aza~
    Cheesy or plain?
  • lol

that cookie picture is huge on my pc
  • ~plain and cheesy cookie Azalieo~

juice?
    @ MarianKnight: it started huge, then it adjusted to fit my screen. Yummy cho chunk...
  • edited May 2015
    I have something to ask anyone who cares.

Are you in favor of having "men's only gym?".

The reason I ask is because we have women' only gym, and there is none for men. And I support the idea of men's only gym.

Anyone?
  • idk.. but i sure would love to work at a womens only gym, as a towel boy!
  • not really. I don't care about who else is in the gym, 8m there to sweat and look ugly.
  • idk.. but i sure would love to work at a womens only gym, as a towel boy!
    Ah, MK, the point is, even the staff is all women. I've been in there, and it feels different.

I am use to a co-ed gym at the university.
  • ;) i'm on a diet :D
    my body needs to look better than my KD ;))
  • not really. I don't care about who else is in the gym, 8m there to sweat and look ugly.
    You should work out more than 8 minutes, that's not long enough to even get your heart rate up.

Yes I know it was a typo and you meant Im
  • If you go into beast mode like me, 8 minutes is enough
  • 8 minutes is time for me to look for a corner to put my water bottle, try to find a good music in my player, wait for the 15 lb weight, because everyone seems to use it.
    nothing done in 8 mins
  • see, when i was going to the gym, i was actually pretty strong, so most people didnt use my weights. now though, i'm sure that isnt the case
  • i'm pretty average, so we all fight for the weight.

actually today, I went out biking and there was bike traffic at the parkway. everyone seems to bike these days. Does anyone have problems with bike riders who does not know how to hand signal ? and ...jeez, he turned right in front of me...arg
  • i hate inconsiderate bikers, be it pedal bikes or motor bikes. worst people NA
  • the best car you can have is the one you
    dont mind getting scratches and dents...so if a biker irreponsibly
    crosses in front of you, take half a second, breath and only then break,
    just so he doesnt die.

• the best car you can have is the one you
    dont mind getting scratches and dents...so if a biker irreponsibly
    crosses in front of you, take half a second, breath and only then break,
    just so he doesnt die.

lol

ghost bike
  • I find myself checking this thread with indecent frequency.
    Are you looking for the Jalapeño flavoured popcorn? I put it in the counter....maybe someone took it when i was not looking?
  • i took out 2 cyclist last fall. they where pissed but it was them running the red light. I was also on a bike but mine was only worth $200 at most while theirs where at least 2-3 grand each. wreaked all 3 in the collision thankfully in Montreal cause of the all crazy people on the roads i wear a helmet and dirt bike armor whenever I'm going to be covering any decent amount of km.
  • edited May 2015
    i took out 2 cyclist last fall. they where pissed but it was them running the red light. I was also on a bike but mine was only worth $200 at most while theirs where at least 2-3 grand each. wreaked all 3 in the collision thankfully in Montreal cause of the all crazy people on the roads i wear a helmet and dirt bike armor whenever I'm going to be covering any decent amount of km.
    Glad you are doing okay. Man, those road cyclist are really a different crowd with their flashy outfits.

I was driving around Albion Road yesterday, the back roads via the Airport Parkway in Ottawa. I saw another ghost bike, man these gives me creeps.

In Ottawa, most places where a cyclist died, it has become a trend to put a bike in their painted in their memory painted in white. image

I just got this weird feeling that the dead cyclist did not wear a helmet media freak, or that is their end.

There are many NCC bike pathways in Ottawa, ranging from 10km to 100 km loops. The cyclist on the road is just a disaster waiting to happen.

I bike this season, and I load my bike on the OC Bus bike racks when travelling on busy streets, nicknamed "Rack and Roll" in Ottawa. I tried to bike only on back roads, or NCC bike pathways. Image of "rack and roll" bike racks loaded on buses. Does this exist in Montreal?

• no it doesn't and Montreal has lots of bike paths but they don't always connect and they will randomly switch side of the road with very little signage and very rarely a way to do it safely . I try not to bike on the road but sometime I have to. i came out of that crash with a couple scratches the other 2 had broken ribs and a broken arm. So no one died in my accident.
  • Every street is for biking in Chicago. Bikers are everywhere, and for the most part people don't fuck with you.

Rush hour is pretty fucking intense though.
  • RZQRZQ
    edited May 2015
    i took out 2 cyclist last fall. they where pissed but it was them running the red light. I was also on a bike but mine was only worth $200 at most while theirs where at least 2-3 grand each. wreaked all 3 in the collision thankfully in Montreal cause of the all crazy people on the roads i wear a helmet and dirt bike armor whenever I'm going to be covering any decent amount of km.
    Seriously, 2-3 thousand?

edit: dont get me wrong, im glad nobody(probably) got hurt.
  • i took out 2 cyclist last fall. they where pissed but it was them running the red light. I was also on a bike but mine was only worth $200 at most while theirs where at least 2-3 grand each. wreaked all 3 in the collision thankfully in Montreal cause of the all crazy people on the roads i wear a helmet and dirt bike armor whenever I'm going to be covering any decent amount of km.
    Seriously, 2-3 thousand?

edit: dont get me wrong, im glad nobody(probably) got hurt.
    yeah, MEC roadbikes are expensive. The one I like is 3K plus, so I will wait until it go on sale by Fall.
  • 2-3k is pretty tame for a road bike. That would be just getting into the mid level of things. They get silly expensive really quick.

A number of people have been killed riding around me, and not idiots either. The president of our local cycling club was just killed a month ago and another guy was hit by a tow truck that hit and ran. They think the tow truck was a deliberate hit as he had come close with some other riders in the past. Not sure if they caught him or not.

Be safe out there and share the road!
  • 2-3k is pretty tame for a road bike. That would be just getting into the mid level of things. They get silly expensive really quick.

A number of people have been killed riding around me, and not idiots either. The president of our local cycling club was just killed a month ago and another guy was hit by a tow truck that hit and ran. They think the tow truck was a deliberate hit as he had come close with some other riders in the past. Not sure if they caught him or not.

Be safe out there and share the road!
    safe cycling needs to be address. here in ottawa, those deaths are usually good people, just downtown roads are not that safe. education for both cyclist and car drivers need to be streamlined.

Man, sorry to hear about the death. Cyclist is a unique community, it hits home.
  • What do you think of summer ?

and how do you deal with mosquitos?
  • Summer is awesome.