Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

S1 vs S2 debate/challenge

edited February 2015 in General
I personally challenge any and all top tier s1 players to come over to s2 this and see how they do (without cheating).
Same the other way. I've only played s1 twice really and never got past 2k land without getting multid/ktd.

I plan to play s1 this round and show some people what's up. I will reveal myself when appropriate. Consider this an open challenge.

Comments

• ExBORE-fest... nah, but this wasnt an invitation for me as Im not a top playee.
  • Lolololol I've been top 5 on s2 before when the s2 boys all banded together to KT me for whatever reason because I wasn't part of the club. Yawn, no thanks. If I can get top 5 easily then it's not a challenge at all for any actual builders.
  • I played s2 once....afkd till I died on s1 then went from 28 to first on s2....yea not much going on when eiko can be top 5
  • I got 8 mill nw, in 1:2,

If I was 1:3 could have been 12-15 mill...

This is with very few grabs too.
  • To be fair, I'm not an actual builder, and I got a top 5 on s1 a couple rounds ago
  • I remember s3
  • I suppose it's worth mentioning that even in the height of Unhappy octopus in round 63, I went from #121 to top 20 in 4 days on s1 at 15k land. And I wasn't even in UO Prol. In lowly gorilla. The kicker is I was bank turned pop farm. Never was I trying to build for myself
  • edited February 2015
    Then I hit the glass ceiling for my alliance and grew inactive. Was no way I could get better than top 15 that round simply because of alliance
  • what round was that damdred?
  • well i dont claim to be a top builder but i'm on s1 and s2 this round in case multis ruin s1 again
  • yeah. let's hope not
  • i'll smash you on s2 ryan psssh lol
  • have not played S2.

thats a lie

i was a beta tester for s2 and never went back.
  • I played s2 for a bit last round. I jumped from 10th to 1st with minimal effort until a DW SL (almost definitely a multi) went AT to hit me. s2 is a joke, s1 tops would dominate.
  • 2 months in s2 is too much, hell 2 months in s1 is too much ffs.
  • S2 is a joke always has been.

We took about 10 people over there 3 years ago when the bot was running wild on s1.

We raped everyone and had all the top players
  • I heard Miss Meadows played a round of S2 once... and finished #1-#59
  • The sad thing is that the way SK has gone over the years, the players worth competing against have mostly left or lost the ambition for it
  • I heard Miss Meadows played a round of S2 once... and finished #1-#59
    the time i did it i deleted every kingdom right before the end. only kingdoms left were like mal/hg/lissa/lews and then a huge drop to newbie mode kds. lol.
  • It's s2, who cares?
  • kenshin was not built well or built to last. Anyone can create a #1 out of the gate even on s1. Kenshin was like #1 for an hour with poor defense and not good sci/probes. So see if I care if your kd sucked but rank wise it was ok for a moment.
  • well this round I might not play either now. Given the state of affairs of s2. If multiman is over there I'm not playing. S1 we'll see. Alliances are usually determined from the start and unless you're connected there or land in good sector skill won't decide much
  • If you include having number 1 4-5 days in I was #1 on s1 my last two rounds without caring at all. There's a reason I don't include those. It's not skill. Doesn't mean you have a decent kingdom being #1 so early. Sci and probes are the key
  • You have no idea how many scis or probes I had. Also, I was on top for a few days, and no the KD was never meant to last. I wouldn't have had any problems staying on top with the complete lack of competion. In fact, I stayed in the top 10 for a couple of weeks after being rolled twice and only signing on once a day. Say what you want about my KD, but s2 is, and always will be, a joke.
  • Also, I'm not a top kd builder on s1. S2 should be embarrassed that I stayed in/near the top until I suicided. So you can talk smack about me all you want, there are still way better kd builders on s1.
  • what do you mean I have no idea? I've probed you. Ever hear of sci giving nw? It takes about 1 min to calc how many sci someone has from an sok. And you are insinuating that I never got an sob or were never probed by you or others I know where not
  • you were not 'on top'

you were like 3rd in offense. Your 'nw' was also severely inflated because you had so many tanks
  • edited February 2015
    I made a calc where all you do is input sok info and it gives min off max off d total mili force including excluding bonuses like terra and sl. but more importantly sci count. The ignorance you are displaying that I 'had no idea' how many sci you have. Is exactly the kind of reason I have had such poor experiences over on s1 talking practically/math with people.

And as far as top I'm not talking top 10. I mean roughly top 3 and impact of course not some bogus early nw thing. s1 does has a few more players, but my philiosophy is as long as there's people around you're level that you are competiting with the # doesn't matter as much as the quality of competition. if there are 2 others at your level on a smaller server I find that every bit as exciting or more as having 1 or 2 others at a similar level and 10 more people not too far behind. Personally would rather have a smaller server with more authentic competition. nothing underhand, alliance helping you out, worrying about person a or b suiciding. I prefer having 1or 2 key 'rivals' and having to watch their every action. planning scheming for them. picking a spot/timing I can gun for them and get breaks in to extend my lead. Granted 2nd half of the round can get boring on s2 but I love that early competition of the chase. more so than on s1 where you have to be the first person hitting the inacts first person with the tick robbings. requires more activity in general for lower qualty competition in my experience. More idiots on s1 than s2 imo
  • s2 is shite Ryan, no idea what players are left on s1 or how much effort people are putting in but thats the only place worth a wank on this game and has been for years and years, nobody cares about s2, literally nobody.
  • The type of mano-a-mano competition that s2 has. like round 63 I was terra, were a couple fws a ways back in land. like 30%. but on s2 a 30% land lead as terra vs fw wasn't enough to win. I knew because of the situation the only chance I would have of beating him was to break him at some point in the round. That I find fascinating. S2 granted is a server where turtling is often the best strategy and was at that time I knew I had to break him. He knew the same thing. It was all about jesting making him think I was massing offense when was just making sci or trying to get him to think I'm exploring or lul him into thinking his growth is just great while meanwhile preparing a mean offense push. It's not easy to break a turtle, but that's the kind of strategic planning I love. On s2 you can't really do that and be top because there's a bunch of chubs ready to pass you if you do something that is not optimal to your growth. To each his own.