Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Doles Self Indulgent Rambling Thread

edited August 2014 in General
Because I am way more important than the community that I should not be forced to dwell with the mundane in the Comm Blog, here is my general ramblings thread.

===============================================
Current thoughts...
I went to a concert the other day for my bands 70's rock influenced group Strider. (Note: Poor recording of one of their practices)

Anywho, there was clearly a psychotic middle aged man there dressed like a 60s gangster and spouting off nonsense (such as Bill Clinton was trained by a mobster in Mexico before becoming President). This man continued to have some very entertaining dance moves such as picking up a pretend flower and throwing down the petals and man other wondrous moves, none was better than when he leaned his head back and opened up his flip phone and placed it on his forehead. And did a robotic Bernie type dance. #ForeheadPhone

I really like Oldies radio stations that include a few choice 80s songs.

And the horrible ER Joke of the post

I don't get flash floods... who runs around naked when it's flooding?

Comments

• edited August 2014
  • Dole I'm hijacking your thread for my own random ramblings.

So I really have a problem with every Shoujo anime I've watched.

I usually love the female protagonists, but the male counterparts are horrible. I get tired of seeing the guy in the story generally act non-caring and superior. Particularly because I watch so much romance anime, it seems unrealistic that the female leads keep falling for these really bleh guys. I could be fine with the male lead being super smart (as he always seems to be in shoujo stuff) but he has to show some affection towards the girl in the story. Relationships don't just happen, they're built up and none of these guys do anything towards building up a relationship.

There's a lot of bad anime, but it seems like every Shoujo anime I've watched has this trend and it's driving me insane.
  • edited August 2014
  • edited August 2014
    @SB
    Dear SB,
    I think you asking the Japanese to make sense in their story lines is cute. You are so kawaii.
  • In this particular instance, not making sense ruins the enjoyment of it. It's not sci-fi or techno-babble. It's human interaction.
  • edited August 2014
    I think every capo should have a kazoo on it.

@SB
    If they all have the problem... watch a different style of Anime.
  • Oh I do, I'm just watching a shoujo right now. Its considerably more bearable than others I've watched. But here at the start it keeps try to fall into that trend, which reminded me of all the stuff I watched that wasn't bearable.
  • @SB
    If they were bad enough that bears weren't able to watch them then I don't want to see them.

• edited August 2014
    Have you seen toradora, by chance?

• edited August 2014
    I own toradora lol

I love it, but its not shoujo. I was thinking about rewatching it after I catch up on the show I'm watching now.

• Classic Batman
  • What is Bob's Opinion of Pie's effort at AL'n this round?
  • I'm A REBEL and I will not give into the high overseer dole's imperial demands that we talk dole
  • @SB

You talked about me while claiming you wouldn't talk about me... you still did as Dole demanded.

• I guess I'm not really sure what the different labels are for anime, I always get them confused
  • Also, dole....what order of the Knights Radiant are you?
  • @Azalieo

It's all just Anime to me.

Sadly, I've yet to read the second book as when I've had money I haven't been by any book stores. Although I related mostly to Kaladin in the first book so I'll say Windrunners. (I still liked Szeth more in the first one.) After that it would have been Dalinar Kholin that I related to but I am more worried about protecting others than unifying people.

• I kind of felt like a Windrunners for a long time, but I don't feel like protecting bad people is the right thing to do. I think I'm more of a skybreaker
  • edited August 2014
    Dear dole,

Why am I so awesome

-CroyNub
  • edited September 2015
    There is Arm Wrestling on ESPNU!

@Azalieo
    Yes, but what differentiates us from bad people? Many of them claim to just be protecting/providing for the ones they care about. That we would protect any even if we don't like them sets us apart.

@CNewb
    I think it has to do with the hair. You don't try too hard on your hair like this guy.

• Oh commentary on Arm Wrestling. "He works out everyday focusing on forearm exercises." I bet he does.
  • @Azalieo

It's all just Anime to me.
    Meh that's not true at all though. It's like saying "They're all just books to me". There's so many different types of anime, all with different writing and visual styles, not to mention the huge variety in characters/plot/etc.....It's just a story telling medium.

I can understand not liking the medium, but it's all far from being the same thing. You should give it a shot, there might be something to your liking contained within.
  • edited August 2014
    i like claymore...but didnt really like the way things went..still read though

ah nao, shojo é tipo romance...

gonna start reading Ren-Ai Shijou Shugi

• @SB
    I like some Anime. I just don't know enough about the different styles to know what all the different styles are. It's all just Anime to me.

• I think all outdoor tournaments in the South should be held at night. It's cooler and you don't have to worry about sunburn. However by the 8th game I still felt dead but it was great fun. Also... http://orteil.dashnet.org/cookieclicker/
  • Sometimes i wonder if dole is real kids at school tell me he'slike santa and fake but i believe