Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Music Reccomendation

Comments

• 'I knew prufrock' was kinda funny. Frank Turner seems Simple musically, but enjoyable. I liked 'I still believe' more, but both were good.

For some reason listening to this guy made me think of this:
  • edited September 2011
    Shahzoda gets a thumbs up as well :)
    (*) (*) (*) (*)
  • Stars is good.
    I like DCFC, I'm familiar with 'Soul meets Body', good song.

Decemberists reminds me of this webcomic:
    http://questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=586
    gets mentioned somewhat frequently.
  • I'm going to rape this thread with a random assortment of music tomorrow or the next day.

@Cheli talk to me on AIM plox
  • Neil Young and Barenaked Ladies are both all right. I like Lovers in a dangerous Time much more than alcohol, but I hadn't heard the big bang song before, that one made me rofl a bit. :P

I don't think I've actually heard the National before, the singer definitely doesn't sound familiar. That song was all right, I liked the music a lot, but the vocals were kind of boring for me.

Phoenix is also in the all right category. I like it, but it's not super exciting. You seem to go for a lot of indie Cheli. :)

I've liked third eye Blind for quite a while. Semi Charmed Life is a good song. ^_^ Never been a huge fan of Smashing pumpkins though. Libertines fall into meh category again.

Mayer is Mayer, no comment there, lol.
  • edited September 2011
    Postal Service always makes me laugh a bit. I had an argument with eddy recently about them and Owl City. I'm an owl City fan, but eddy thinks anyone who likes owl city should just listen to Postal Service instead. They're good, but I'd still go for Owl City first.

And of course, obligatory Owl City post:

Here's some work Adam Young did with other artists too:

• Oh dear. Stay away from Owl City. Bah I do have their album but after a week you realise its the same harmonic tone just a few pitches higher...and his voice...gosh its like you reached 30, then a football accident removed both his testicles. And now he sings in that god awful high voice which reminds me of Chinese Imperial vassals...
  • It took you a week to realize that? I disliked them instantly...
  • edited September 2011
    Will post in a bit, but i see plenty of songs you're missing :)

I know Raise Your Weapon was already posted, but this remix stomps the orig outta the park

• Yeah Pendulum is amazing.
  • It took you a week to realize that? I disliked them instantly...

• New single...
  • @Cheli
    You had some nice jazz picks. I really love Michael Buble, and Glen Miller is good too.

@LewsTherin
    Both songs you posted were great, but the Neil Zaza one was 5 stars. ^_^
    (*) (*) (*) (*) (*)
  • 'I knew prufrock' was kinda funny. Frank Turner seems Simple musically, but enjoyable. I liked 'I still believe' more, but both were good.
    frank turner is a goddamn poet. true story. listen to more of his stuff.
    Postal Service always makes me laugh a bit. I had an argument with eddy recently about them and Owl City. I'm an owl City fan, but eddy thinks anyone who likes owl city should just listen to Postal Service instead. They're good, but I'd still go for Owl City first.
    what
    gtfo
    i dont' remember the last time i agreed w/ eddy before right now
    blargh lots of stuff here yo
    INDIE 4 LYFE no not really idk
    the national lyrics are kinda lame yeah i just listen to them becasue the music is kinda catchy, same with phoenix imo imo
    the big bang theory is a theme song from teh TV show, do they not get that where you live or something?
    lovers in a dangerous time is a cover of bruce cockburn but i like the BNL version way better and i only ever hear radio stations play that version so i guess other people feel the same way
    I'm going to rape this thread with a random assortment of music tomorrow or the next day.

@Cheli talk to me on AIM plox
    oh ok i was working on stupid school stuff alllllllllll weekend but i guess the next time i remember to load AIM i will hopefully remember to talk to you or whatever

PS jeff buckley!!!!

- pretty much the greatest cover of anything ever ever

also i realized i forgot to put punk stuff in my original post lewl

• edited September 2011
    @Cheli
    You had some nice jazz picks. I really love Michael Buble, and Glen Miller is good too.

@LewsTherin
    Both songs you posted were great, but the Neil Zaza one was 5 stars. ^_^
    (*) (*) (*) (*) (*)
    yeah the Zaza ones were amazing, his new album is crazy good, that song isn't even the best on the album, I'd say Baroque Sky and King of the World are my faves, but I like all the songs on the album except for that 1min one.... Lol found out Blink 182's new album got leaked, its shit too...shame that. Prefer AvA now.

• @forlorn, Out of these choices. I did like Cilekes, Mustafa Ceceli, and Shahzoda.

That Naujieji Lietuviai thing kinda sounded like a polka or something, it was lolz. Vudis was really nice though, as was Calogero.

Denez Prigent was interesting, really different, in a good way.

Somewhat surprisingly, I really liked Verba - Mlode wilki cz. 5. I wasn't so fond of your other rap choices, but this one was very soft, and the music was beautiful. Mlode wilki 1 was ok as well, but not quite a good as the first.
  • edited September 2011
    If you change the embedded links to normal they embed properly. Fyi.

@cheli I'm rarely on aim. Do you have Skype?
  • no i do not.
  • edited September 2011
    DISCLAIMER: NSFW

EDIT: this song is so much better
  • @Zeality
    Flux Pavilion was a little grating to me, very weird effects there. I think I tend to like a smoother sound personally. The deadmau5 remix is quite good I agree, as is the island remix.

@Lews
    Really liked the Anxiety song

Still working my way through things slowly. Such a busy week. hopefully other people are enjoying this too ^_^
  • @Ixta
    Yeah just downloaded the Blink182 album, it was shit tbh, halfway between the old school stuff and sorta all the new bands that the members formed during its hiatus. Tbh it sounds now more like trying to copy AvA stuff. Anxiety is good, the video was simple but I really loved the flares throughout.
  • edited September 2011
    Ixta you saved yourself with the Neil Young statement. :P

I'm such a nerd but I absolutely love these guys.

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/h8FU_tf_pIY - can't believe I couldn't find that on youtube.
  • @hyrule
    I like the first two you posted just now, but I'm not having any luck getting the 3rd one to play the vid for me. It's only partially loading the site for some reason.
  • edited September 2011
    Hmm. It opens fine for me. Weird. It's Everything but the girl - "Big Deal"

• Claude vonstroke was rather odd, but I liked jamiroquai
  • Jamiroquai is old school jazz funk fusion shiet. In the album that song is on he started getting more into electronic.