Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Music Reccomendation

edited September 2011 in General
I'm looking to expand my music collection, what do you guys think is good? I'd love to get something I've never heard before.

Currently listening to:

Comments

• edited September 2011
  • :) ty flaz, some of these are pretty good. I like seeing some I recognize, like this one:

• This one you won't like. Ask for more music you won't like I am happy to supply it.
  • I listen to a lot of different types of music. If you want access to my Subsonic server where you can stream it all and play around just send me a pm.
  • edited September 2011
    Some other random stuff:

• ^_^

I've seen this pop culture one once before omegix, I'm always amazed at how creative some people can be.

lol @ nom nom, but you're right, I didn't like skylit drive. Not the worst thing I've ever heard, but not something I'd listen to again either.
  • edited September 2011
    @Ixtaccihuatl recommendation
  • One more time is a good song. :)

Kaskade was all right jonus, but I've gotten better from you in the past.
  • edited September 2011
    Royksopp song is awesome sci, and I've never heard it before. Five stars for this one.
    (*) (*) (*) (*) (*)

Deadmau5 is good, been a listener for a while. Since Jonus mentioned kaskade... I like this song better:
  • Royksopp is AMAZING. Please please please get their entire discography asap.
  • Rusko one was kinda weird tbh, it was more just noise than music. Both mumford and sons songs were kinda meh. Just not that interesting to me. meh to G-love too.

I liked devotchka though. Plucking that violin is rather unusual.
  • DeVotchka was an amazing person to see a liver performance by. One of my favorite shows of all time.
  • edited September 2011

Really strange eccentric guy dancing. Rock on!
  • Crystal Castles was rather odd sci, esp that vocal effect or whatever you'd call it, but for some reason I liked it anyway.

lol @ sexy results

Quick post of my own:
  • If you're into game music, http://ocremix.org does remixes, my favourites are the Chrono Trigger ones (specifically the Town Life ones).

I listen to a lot of Frank Turner these days, he's an awesome Brit dude who I've seen live, sort of folk-influenced sometimes-acoustic punk? I like most of his songs, but here's a couple.

For indie, I usually go to Stars or Death Cab for Cutie (I really like DCFC's newest album, I've listened to it front to back several times and don't dislike a single song on it). I've also liked a few things in the past from The Decemberists, but I absolutely love their newest album, it's got a really folky feel, sorta reminds me of Neil Young.

Speaking of Neil Young, he just rules. like, every song. ever. here's one.

speaking of awesome Canadians, here's Barenaked Ladies. like, the band.

in terms of general rock/catchy stuff, I like some stuff by The Killers (which you've probably heard before), and I've been listening to The National and Phoenix recently, which you might have heard. also randomly throwing Third Eye Blind, Smashing Pumpkins, and The Libertines in here because they just came to mind.

oh and girly/catchy/radio rock/whatever-i-don't-care-it-makes-every-chick-melt, John Mayer :)

for electronica, I like The Postal Service though they only have one album..

I don't listen to much hip-hop, just Eminem (which I'm sure you've heard) and Atmosphere (props to that cunninglinguist dude if he's still around for introducing this to me/helping me track this down a while back):

don't listen to much jazz-y stuff either, but here's a few I like:

kbye <3
  • lol, wow. That's awesome Cheli. :) I'm heading off to bed now, but it looks like I'll have plenty to listen to tomorrow.
  • @Cheli I go to Atmosphere's festival in Minnesota every year. Great stuff. I've got a lot of Atmosphere inspired musical tastes if you're interested.

Also, how can you post Barenaked Ladies and not post their greatest song. Alcohol!
  • edited September 2011

• lol, wow. That's awesome Cheli. :) I'm heading off to bed now, but it looks like I'll have plenty to listen to tomorrow.
    np, let me know if you like any of them and which ones
    @Cheli I go to Atmosphere's festival in Minnesota every year. Great stuff. I've got a lot of Atmosphere inspired musical tastes if you're interested.

Also, how can you post Barenaked Ladies and not post their greatest song. Alcohol!
    oh sure. I was going to see them live last month but I was too sick/swollen/painfulness/etc :(

Alcohol's not one of my faves, it's grown on me over the years (my friends used to play it in res when we were freshmen but I always found it a bit overdone). I'll listen to it once in a while and it's catchy enough, just not on the same level as some of their other stuff for me. also, I saw BNL live last year (post-Page) and they have Tyler (the drummer) singing lead now.. it's alright, different but not bad. I think I prefer the recorded version.

also, I realized I forgot Dream Theater which is like one of my favourite bands evar (where's FTB?); they're like prog rock/metal or whatever? I don't know what to post, I like a lot of their stuff and they've got so much material to choose from, here's one that a lot of people seem to like:

idk how they are with the new drummer though, that reminds me I haven't listened to their newest album yet.
  • JUST A FEW
    =D>
  • Skrillex, nty, but I'm actually familiar with that hatsune miko vid, I remember linking it to a couple friends when it was new. Gagazet and I had a bit of amusment at the virtual popstar thing. girls generation and kara are enjoyable. :)

• Just a few :-)) I recognize VNV Nation there at the bottom though. I have the Empires album, been a while since I've listened to it.