Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

To RR or not RR

edited April 2014 in General
As far as I'm aware, being RR depends solely on whether the ALs in question are fine with it, as being anti-RR is basically a player made rule.

Has this changed in any way?

The argument for RR being fine remains that it does not abuse the game engine in any way. So what the hell is the argument against it? The inactive admin dun like it?

Comments

• The argument is against the popfarms that are required. 99% of the time they are not "found" they are created for the sole purpose.
  • With high pop strats though you can find pop able kingdoms that can support you
  • edited April 2014
    Argument? Hahaha.

Meadows will kill you if the uni doesn't. You're only real chance is to use to close gap before you get to the point that people watch you constantly. (Top 100 to top 10 then convert or pray)
  • so by using unwilling pop farms there is no real argument against it?

• Nope if you take pop unwillingly you might get killed but you might get killed either way
  • Some people see r/r as unfair so will try and kill you off. I don't think most other people care though whether you do it or not.
  • If you can pull it off by all means you should do whatever you want. If people disagree with how you play your kd sure they will kt you. But they would have done so even if you werent rr. If they want you dead they will make up a reason. In my book if you want someones kd dead thats a good enough reason for me.
  • There's still a problem using unwilling pop farms, because it means that you're aggressively probing people without them allowing it. Which means, if they haven't killed you for it, then it's because they are too small and you are abusing them, which, for the amount of aggro probings needed, should warrant a KT anyway. Especially since we're talking about s2, where there aren't enough kingdoms for you to spread your kidnaps out much, much less enough kingdoms who are high pop.
  • Also, an s2 thread emerges. Is this the first one all round? :P
  • hummmm kidnaps as aggro probing is very gray area
  • YOU CAN DO IT
  • Also, worth noting, is that BCart has posted calling it cheating. Although that post is probably lost, along with the old PFs. But some of the other people who have been around for a long time probably remember it.

BCart's stance on friend farming also doesn't break any game mechanics, and we kill based on it all the time. So his stance on RR should potentially hold the same weight?
  • I will not only al and be ok with r/r I will also be that a pop farm for the next person to post

unless I dont want to, and I don't.
  • You beat me!
  • Ok sweet, and I can be your money farm Sky. Figure since you'll be high probe you'll need one of them too.
  • Bcart felt the way omni did rr was cheating and changed the game to not support it.

RR is a grey area its just there for interpretation
  • Thanks Merle, much appreciated. I'll be the supreme Champion of Round 63 with ease.
  • NP. Narshe and damdred can be your land farms.
  • Skyy told me to take the round off so he can multi with my mind at ease
  • GG easy
  • R/R is fine in my opinion, but it's a ridiculously powerful build and its only weakness is hard to hit anymore without as many probers to deal with it.
  • edited April 2014
    Nooo, you weren't supposed to tell everyone, Damdred! My plan is ruined!

Edit: Not really. I hope Darius is playing. :p
  • edited April 2014
    Last round was my last round sky

No point to play anymore I already did everything I could possibly want to do, and building then suiciding a big dw is completely pointless these days

Honestly the people that play only to do it have less of a life than the faggy NW whores like ham just because of the sheer pointlessness of doing it to begin with
  • edited April 2014
    R/R is fine in my opinion, but it's a ridiculously powerful build and its only weakness is hard to hit anymore without as many probers to deal with it.
    Rr is completely broken, it's only weaknesses are a better player playing rr, a bot running hundreds of accounts, or the entire uni working together to bring it down.

• So basically like surviving on a regular kingdom?

Its a novel concept except rr has more wesknesses
  • edited April 2014
    So basically like surviving on a regular kingdom?

Its a novel concept except rr has more wesknesses
    No, not at all.

Its completely immune to arsons, completely immune to sabos after a certain point because it can just go powerless with its superior military and grow even faster.

This makes a slow PK of it impossible, which means you need at least 20 kds capable of breaking its land defense to bring it down, or hundreds of bots which is very clearly cheating.

It stacks land and directly converts it into income, meaning it continues to grow at a rate completely uncatchable by any normally built KD, especially in a low income round. Last round was actually the worst round imaginable for R/R and even with Meadows' trash starting KD she was able to completely boost past everyone else with ease.

Kidnaps have diminishing returns, tyrsis kidnapping me constantly did almost nothing to me while if someone sabos or arsons me 10x on a normal KD I'm almost guaranteed to fall behind like I did last round.

The only way to beat it is with meadows level amount of bots or by suiciding multiple top kds on it early on in the conversion.
  • Unless you pk with probes & nukes. Fire off pop nukes and the kd can't fight the demand for pop.
  • you still seem to completely miss one of the primary perks of rr

which is having far more military than your land would normally be able to support. r/r wasn't orginally used to try to be a badass rank 1, it was for the lols of rolling a top kd with a much smaller one. cuz back when there was more than half a galaxy's worth of players, A) people didn't recognize R/R and B) it wasn't expected.

and kidnaps are normally very damaging to a r/r. sabos can still hurt a lot. if the r/r wants to keep power. cuz any non volc/mysti is going to have so much military/land they will need lots of pp. kidnaps SIGNIFICANTLY shrink your maximum maintainable pop. this round didn't really matter though. cuz at all times you had 3x the soldiers you'd normally have. even before he started kidnapping you probably had a hefty surplus. and even during you could train a lot.
  • you still seem to completely miss one of the primary perks of rr

which is having far more military than your land would normally be able to support. r/r wasn't orginally used to try to be a badass rank 1, it was for the lols of rolling a top kd with a much smaller one. cuz back when there was more than half a galaxy's worth of players, A) people didn't recognize R/R and B) it wasn't expected.

and kidnaps are normally very damaging to a r/r. sabos can still hurt a lot. if the r/r wants to keep power. cuz any non volc/mysti is going to have so much military/land they will need lots of pp. kidnaps SIGNIFICANTLY shrink your maximum maintainable pop. this round didn't really matter though. cuz at all times you had 3x the soldiers you'd normally have. even before he started kidnapping you probably had a hefty surplus. and even during you could train a lot.
    How did I miss that point? I brought it up twice lol. Land converts directly into income since you dont need to build rax and you get a sabo immunity because powerlessness doesnt affect your pop nor does it leave you open to grabs due to an unfathomable military advantage. Thats a direct result of having more mili per land than should be sustainable.

Even with constant kidnaps I couldve resorted to converting LDs and goons, having 500k+ tanks is still completely unbreakable basically forever, and then you could just start massing TFs with your land when you run out of soldiers and started 1 wling the entire top 10. R/R was COMPLETELY broken this round with the bonus for sure though, but so were early DWs.

Puriel and Atreyu wouldve won the round for us in a pure builder race without the broken ass round bonus for DWs making defense totally meaningless and discouraging them from stacking decent land early, so my strat of waiting them out and just crushing anyone still alive in a builder race was the only option.