Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Have you ever....

2»

Comments

• My mother was a waitress and raised my 2 sisters (and I when I lived with her for a year and half after my parents divorced when I was 7) on that salary and tips. Maybe I am biased, but she was one of the best waitresses Ive ever seen. Tips, obviously, were her lifeblood.. and ours. She was able to buy a new car every 2-3yrs and after 20+ years... put down 75k cash on her home, leaving just 25k mortgage (which has since been paid off). Also made improvements and built a larger living room on her house.

All that taught me to treat waitresses, who are genuinely trying, with ultimate respect and to tip generously. $2.14/hr isnt shit for a paycheck.
  • Any currently single sisters?
  • I tip 15-20% because I've already included it in the price of the bill. I really never ask for much and I dont get pissy because my service was shitty, or extra generous because you filled my water up an extra time.

I'm not here to make a statement about bad service, or reward you for giving it your all or whatever, I'm just here because I wanted some goddamn food

If pie is the waiter, you better tip him nice, lest you want cat bowels in your meal next time....
  • Any currently single sisters?
    Pie is a ginger, assuming that extends to his sisters, they're either a HIT or a TOTAL MISS

Given the stories pie has shared of his childhood, I personally wouldnt be willing to take that gamble
    Willfullness is a matter of desperation...
  • Nah, both my sisters are taken. Neither got the awesome red headed gene. Neither were given .22s to kill cats.

One last thing about my Uncke's farm and this has created a phobia that lingers still...

Mother-Fucking-Peacocks!! Then son of a bitches used to chase me whenever they fucking could. Been pecked by the fuckers to the point of bleeding. Caught in a fucking corner by 2-3 of them and got completely fucked up and I couldnt shoot them as my Granny (actually my Great Aunt, but everyone called her Granny) would whip my ass if I ever did anything to thosed fucked up birds. They got a taste of Ginger and always wanted more... Even going to the Denver Zoo made me freak out at 37yrs. THEY LET THOSE FUCKING EVIL KILLER BIRDS RUN FREE IN THE ZOO!! Fuck.... THAT!
  • More likely these celestial beings saw evil in your blood....
  • tipping lol...

it isnt required in korea cause they actually pay a decent fucking wage. same here in australia.

good service should always be provided. not just when the tip is going to be good.

fucking pathetic americans
  • I agree. My mom should have been paid a fair wage and then gotten tips on top of that. Theres no telling just how much return business that restaraunt got just because of my Mother.
  • I agree. My mom should have been paid a fair wage and then gotten tips on top of that. Theres no telling just how much return business that restaraunt got just because of my Mother.
    We should avenge your mother by burning the place down. This can happen during states kd-con
  • edited February 2014
    I doubled my salary since walking out of my job in November. I never even knew when I could clock out they would call me and have me come back even when they said it was ok. I've rebuilt most of my camaro dropping about 4g in two months. It feels really good to flip someone off, risk everything, and win.

After I rebuild the rear end, add bolt ons, and a few cosmetics (corvette rims and halo lights) I will post some pics.
  • lol man, you should visit Alberta, Canada. We are kind folk, we tip extensively when given good service, but you have to actually put the effort in.
    In America the servers call the blacks "Canadians" b.c they don't tip...
  • In America the servers tip themselves extra with your card. We would not notice Canadians and blacks they fight not to serve at all. The noob gets the table, works ten times harder, treated like shit, and no tip at all.
  • Regards to tips when ive visted the us ive the tip has been in with the bill??

Over here in the uk we only tip if they do a decent job dunno, they allready get a decentish wage over here so maybe thats why
  • I always tip 18-20%. I work in the hospitality industry and a tip goes beyond just the value of the tip. You feel good, happy, and satisfied when someone gives you a tip. It lifts your spirits especially when you weren't expecting it.
  • I've had waitresses not even smile, bare minimum service. They don't need a tip if they don't understand how the hospitality industry works.

No problem tipping 20%+ if they actually work for it.
  • edited February 2014
    I tip about 20% unless at a bar. I make it so ridiculous they usually write off most of the tab. I learned from my buddy people get tossed out if they start shit good times.

A big muscle guy trapped me in my seat one night running his mouth. Security did the Vulcan death grip on his ass almost instantly. Some advertisement fell on his table from above we knocked it by accident.
  • Never tipped or known anyone that has tipped anyone anywhere other than restaurants here in the UK. Wages are decent enough for most people and I hope it never catches on because there's no need for that sort of culture.
  • when did darius go back to being a shitty troll? meh
  • its well known that you are expected to tip in the US. can people stop writing posts like they are fucking amazed about it.

frankly the arrogant cunts should be tipping me for gracing their establishment with my presence
  • Any pics of the camaro dank?