Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Here Come the Zombies!

edited February 2014 in General
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.LoxSoft.HereComeTheZombies

Android Game.

Friend of mine made it. It's simple but challenging. I would appreciate feedback.

Comments

• Flappy bird
  • edited February 2014
    Kind of the concept behind it, but a different style. It had to be simple.
  • Needs some work:

One high score didn't register
    Little laggy on my droid razr m

Anyway, I'll give it a 5 for Ur buddy
  • edited February 2014
    Disregard that high score. I had a 25 second run that got me 0 points because i had no close calls.

I don't understand the scoring at all. Went from 0 to 1 to 0 to 1 and finished at 0.
  • You need to move forward to score, not side or backwards. However he is working working on that.

I guess the "pointing forward" joystick didn't make that apparent, but this is good feedback.
  • On Asus Nexus 7 it works fine but the joystick is in a really awkward place. I keep ending up with my finger at the top of the screen which is then covered by my whole hand. I would suggest lowering it and moving it closer to a corner.

Reminds me of an alternative take on an endless runner

Really challenging challenging though, which I like. Can't seem to beat an 11.

• I have only gotten to 20 myself, and I am working on the score. The joystik in the first build was horrible, but I have thought about lowering it myself. It depends on if he chooses to allow people run in any direction.

But I am leaning towards your idea of lowering it Bakery. I am just not sure if I like it in the corner. I'll see if I can get a build and try it out.
  • Gotchya. That makes sense.the button is in a hard spot. Typically the middle of my phone when pointing.
  • I don't know how easy it would be to do but a couple of the games I have the joystick appears wherever you touch the screen so then the player can choose.
  • So you would prefer it be lower? This means it would keep the game in a constant forward motion instead of momentum in any direction.
  • I don't know how easy it would be to do but a couple of the games I have the joystick appears wherever you touch the screen so then the player can choose.
    This might solve both problems.

• So you would prefer it be lower? This means it would keep the game in a constant forward motion instead of momentum in any direction.
    I like that the man can be moved in any direction, but only scores when moving forward. It is annoying, however, that you lose score when you run backwards.

But I think if score didn't drop when moving backwards it may take away from the game difficulty.
  • I like the difficulty it adds as well. It forces you to consider backtracking at a cost.
  • There's no blood...

I noticed it forced the screen to go vertical, also, it could be nice to allow any place you touch to become a moving point.

For example, wherever you touch shows a circle centered on finger, then you can slide around inside this circle to move.

This lets ppl move in a position that suits them
  • Been an update, zombies now come out of the ground. You can also score by running in any direction.
  • ill check it out when i have more free time. last time i got sucked into that thing for an hour
  • On Asus Nexus 7 it works fine but the joystick is in a really awkward place. I keep ending up with my finger at the top of the screen which is then covered by my whole hand. I would suggest lowering it and moving it closer to a corner.

Reminds me of an alternative take on an endless runner

Really challenging challenging though, which I like. Can't seem to beat an 11.

Can you take a Screenshot? He would like to see that.

• a screenshot of what? my high score?
  • a screenshot of what? my high score?
    He obviously wants a pic of the joistic in an awkward place
  • Wait, fk...i can edit
  • Screw it...2am, i'll do nothing
  • If he developed the game then shouldn't he be able to see it himself?
  • If he developed the game then shouldn't he be able to see it himself?
    You're assuming he ass an asus nexus 5....
  • Not really. I would assume that anyone with a tablet or phone would have the same problem with the joystick as I have.
  • ...also, it could be nice to allow any place you touch to become a moving point.

For example, wherever you touch shows a circle centered on finger, then you can slide around inside this circle to move.
    You obviously had a similar problem with the joystick.
  • Mine was on botton of screen...suggestion is to give users flexibility on how they hold the device... regardless of problems