Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Final Fantasy: The Purge Recruitment

Comments

• No aim. No crazy rules. Google mafia game to learn basic rules.
  • i'll post up some rules get some reactions and if anyone need clarifications on whats going on or if i need to put something better to avoid confusion. I know its a bit more complicated than normal ww but I think the slight changes could lead to some very interesting group dynamics and is true to the spirit of the game series i am taking it from.
  • Rules:

1. Every person is required to post bidaily, if you take
    more than two days to post you commit suicide.
    2. Every person will have a role.
    3. Not all roles will have actions.
    4. There will be a lynch every day.
    5. If their is a tie then the mayor will decide who dies.
    6. Mayor will be popular vote.

Victory Conditions:
    There are multipe means of victory.

Town Wins: All Bad guys are killed

Bad Guys win: All good guys are killed

Singular Bad guy Victory: Each evil character will have
    two marks to kill during the day/night. At the death of the second
    mark they will begin their ultimate move and will have 3 day/night
    cycles before it is cast and kill everyone in the game good and bad
    included being the sole winner of the game. (Killing this character
    will result in the ultimate being interrupted)

mod note:
    If theres to much outcry about the singular victory condition i can scrap it, just thought it would be an interesting mechanic. Questions concerns anything else.
  • Question: assuming the marks are defined prior to game start, what happens if evil guy A kills mark of evil guy B?

Or are the marks universal? As in, game starts with 5 marked guys and whoever hits 2 of them starts the ultimate.

Also, is there a good guy role to know who has a mark? I'd totally friendly fire if i find one hahahaha
  • Are the two marks people or rolls? I'm not sure I love it, but it is interesting. 3 cycles is a long time.
  • Answer: Each bad guy should have separate marks, and if bad guy b kills bad guy a mark it still counts towards a mark death as final fantasy villains were prone to use massive amounts of manipulation to get done what they wanted. Lynches also count towards the ultimate as well so a couple unlucky days and its over. However the bad guys side could get that member killed off to reset it if they so deemed.

And there will be a mark finder role for another person.
  • the two marks should be roles. And if 3 cycles is deemed to long I can shorten it, I just thought it would be interesting to see the hunt shift. Always an uncertainty with kills.
  • Question: after the evil guy get the marks and start the ultimate, will he still be able to use his previous abilities or will his role change to "channel ultimate" and stay idle for 3 cycles?

If so, can evil guy choose to keep his holes and not cast ultimate?
  • Oh, and will everyone know a ultimate is being cast? If we do, maybe we could reduce duration to 2cycles
  • I think 3 cycles is fine for such a destructive move, but depends on the number of people playing.
  • Im actually gonna un-sign up for this. Don't think I'll be around
  • Depending on number of people playing I might reduce it. The populace will know a move is being casted during that time.

He will go idle state during night. Also it will be up to the bad guys to disclose to each other who they are. If they wish to remain in secret and just correspond without their roles being revealed to the other bad guys it will be up to them (they will know who is a bad guy however just not roles). And to your part about choosing to not use it, I can accept that if you are playing for a team win you wouldn't use it. So yes that bad guy does have an option to not cast.

And sb you suck.
  • edited February 2014
    Darius
    Skydragon
    Unreliable
    Cory
    Valhalla
    Jester
    Fpshow
    mysticassassin
    nimrod
    phantom
    dirty
    zeality
    osiris
    Walls
    Darubian
    Narshe
    Gagazet
    Meadows
    Dole
    Flazer
    Shining
    prime

current list of those signed up. I'll give it a bit longer for questions and for more sign ups
  • Sorry. prime i gotcha
  • Ian these are SK players, if you give them an option to be selfish, they will take it :D
  • I'm cool with the ultimates as long as they are from the games, and you announce which ultimate has begun casting.
  • All the ultimates are in the games and will be announced.
  • I'm out. Gl HF.
  • That's to bad
  • Darius
    Skydragon
    Unreliable
    Cory
    Valhalla
    Jester
    Fpshow
    mysticassassin
    nimrod
    phantom
    dirty
    zeality
    osiris
    Walls
    Darubian
    Narshe
    Gagazet
    Meadows
    Dole
    Flazer
    Shining
    prime

current list of those signed up. I'll give it a bit longer for questions and for more sign ups
    wtf dude, i signed up
  • Im in hope it isnt to late
  • Ian these are SK players, if you give them an option to be selfish, they will take it :D
  • Wtf is all this talk about ultimate ?!?!?!?!

I thought we were gonna have a chocobo race
  • arius
    Skydragon
    Unreliable
    Cory
    Valhalla
    Jester
    Fpshow
    mysticassassin
    nimrod
    phantom
    dirty
    zeality
    osiris
    Walls
    Darubian
    Narshe
    Gagazet
    Meadows
    Dole
    Flazer
    Shining
    prime
    The Joker

ok guys i'm going to start finalizing roles and abilities will start sending them out tonight any other questions you are welcome to ask. Mystic you may have a pet chocobo! but meadows might eat it
  • You missed arson, twice lol
  • shhh i know i'm messing with him ^_-