Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Movies thread

edited February 2014 in General
Lets get some good friendly community discussion going

what movies have you seen recently? what are you looking forward to?

I saw Robocop recently and I have to say it was a decent watch but it was missing the gore of the original and I also feel that the original robocop had more of a personality/history which resulted in his actions compared with this new robocop that seemed to be rather dull and some things were a bit confusing. in the end it was a decent watch.

To get the thread started and since the year is still fairly new, perhaps we could also list our best movie for the year 2013?

My choice: About Time

Comments

• how about that Arsenal vs Liverpool movie where the reds wipe their cocks on them and annihilate them 5-1 with utter ease.
  • See these sort of threads I like neg, when you post these you gain my respect, i'd love it if you stuck with these and stopped getting angry

I was waiting to go see Robocop, don't like the reviews its getting though :(

best movie of 2013 for me? tough one. I did enjoy Iron man, Star trek didnt sit well with me and I thought Pacific Rim was complete garbage. I didn't get to the movies much so if anyone has any non-box office flicks that were awesome, please share. I'm stuck at home recovering and just finished Sherlock so need some good material
  • Wolf of wall street. Brilliant.
    What he said
    it was a good movie to start the year off. leo does pretty solid movies every time though.

i think of the 'true' wall street in that movie as what silicon valley is today. drugs and no respect for money.
    What he said
    True dat.
  • Finniest shit was The Heat imo
  • Quite enjoyed Lone survivor aswel.
  • The heat was hilarious. One of the funniest movies ive seen. I just saw lone survivor last night, crazy good movie but very sad I thought.
  • I watched Ride Along in a surprisingly nice theatre in a lower income area with a guy in front of me blatantly smoking a massive blunt.

Trust me I won movie experience of the thread
  • edited February 2014
    what was everyones favourite movie of 2013 though and why?

if its something mainstream then still try to explain

with "about time" I went in hoping that it wasn't going to be too much of this and that etc...

But in the end it was done fine. The main character was likeable and the message was positive. the time travel wasn't over complicated when it didn't need to be. it was a nice romantic comedy.
  • I watched prisoners, captain Phillips, and bad grandpa last weekend. All solid.

We has kick ass 2 and don Jon to watch this weekend. Also, house of cards season 2 is out Friday.

Favorite movie of 2013? Probably either the hobbit 2 or captain Phillips. Thor 2 was pretty good.
    obv Leo was amazing
  • with captain phillips the actor playing the head pirate did a great performance imo

the movie was an interesting look at one side of the story but we must consider that the crew is sueing for damages and their claims are different to captain phillips and some of them consider him responsible

that said I did read an AMA from captain phillips and he was very detailed in his responses and said that its upto the courts to decide if he was at fault

long movie but it had its moments of excitement
  • I watched Ride Along in a surprisingly nice theatre in a lower income area with a guy in front of me blatantly smoking a massive blunt.

You know nothing Darius! lol. The movie is decent though, it had a few lol moments. The DVD rip is online now though..
  • I remember pineapple express in the theaters was filled with weed.
  • I wish they'd come out with another stoner flick now, i'd be blunted up in there too hell.

You know nothing Darius! lol. The movie is decent though, it had a few lol moments. The DVD rip is online now though..
    No dvd can replicate a theatre full of blacks in the south at a black comedy haha
  • edited February 2014

Prisoners
    Robot & Frank
    Star Trek: Into Darkness
    Blackfish
    Lincoln
    Captain Philips
    Gravity

Most looking forward to for 2014:

The Amazing Spider-Man 2
    X-Men: Days of Future Past
    Noah
    300: Rise of an Empire
    Godzilla
    Interstellar
    Dawn of the Planet of the Apes
  • How can ya not be looking forward to the teenage ninja mutant turtles film?

You crazy
  • looking forward to captain America 2: winter soldier. I love that story line and am a sucker for marvel movies

2013: I liked catching fire, star trek , the hobbit, rush and lone survivor ( I watch them all in 2013)
  • I thought the heat was so funny best comedy film in my eyes I wasnt impressed on iron man and thor the hobbit was very good benedict did a very good voice for smaug
  • How can ya not be looking forward to the teenage ninja mutant turtles film?

You crazy
    film of the year

• and the new Robocop!!
  • Her was good

Had a reason why its nominated for the oscars or something
  • Just got myself Gravity 3d, hear its good.

Going to put my eyeballs all over it tonight.
  • and the new Robocop!!
    Hahaha lad have ya heard that interview with Samuel l Jackson flyin about? Was laughin me head off
  • Frozen was good :)
  • Just got myself Gravity 3d, hear its good.

Going to put my eyeballs all over it tonight.
    Fuckoff
  • Frozen was good :)