Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lovsan's a dirty cheater and he keeps bugging me about this

edited December 2013 in Game Talk
He wants me to help him implement a IPvSK lookup tool for kingdoms through the Chrome extension. Basically it would send a kingdoms kingdomname, kingdom id and IPvSK to an external database every time you viewed their page. This is the only information I would have it collect.

I don't want to leave it to Lovsan to develop (lol lovsan 'develop') because he's a dirty cheater and I don't trust him not recording time and date.

If the general consensus is that you guys want this, I will implement it right away and make a link appear on the kingdom page to list every IPvSK and also list matching kingdoms.

If you don't I will not.

Comments

• Can sticky has?
  • wtf sci is trying to cheat
  • I get it, you want credit for your work :)
  • how is this cheating again?
  • Don't do it!!
  • I am sure beanland made this on firefox
  • edited December 2013
    how is this cheating again?
    Under BCart's logic even a calculator is cheating. In theory you would do it all via pen and paper. What Sci is suggesting would be cheating due to a third party program collecting info via automation. It is a grey area with old school vets. Sci is hinting if Lovsan does this it will likely be on a bot that logs in and acquires this on its own in addition to whatever else he decides to collect in the future. At one time we had a scanner that was updated manually to track kingdoms. It was a real pain in the ass but people didn't consider it cheating. When updated it provided a wealth of info such as who had money, who had war leaders out etc. but it was an inconvenience. Others having a bot do this were far more succesful.

In regards to what is proposed I suggest automating it in the end. It is time consuming and futile to think players will do it even via an extension. Bean had already done this and the feeling was who cares. I would prefer that Sci runs it though and that there isn't a blacklist skipping favored kingdoms.
  • edited December 2013
    I doubt lovsan is competent enough to make a bot to do it. My worry is that lovsan has it collect login times of kingdoms as well. Essentially creating a scanner for himself that you all automate.

If I make it, it will include no "online in the last 10 minutes" information. It would include current ip, list of ips and date/time data was received.

I will not create a bot to automate it. I don't want that. However if you want an easy way to see if two kingdoms have ever matched ip's this will do it. Granted someone has looked at their kingdom screen once while having the extension loaded.
  • I am sure beanland made this on firefox
    Beanland did make this on firefox.
    how is this cheating again?
    It's cheating because it's using an automated tool to send information to a database.
  • well i think you know the answer to your own question ;)
  • edited December 2013
    i only want to record ipvsk and kingdom id, and get notification on matches.. you guys can view the codes if u want, basically i just want to add some beanlands functions to sci's version, i dont care if sci doesnt want to add em but i will make own version and every1 can have it. it has lots of improments to sci's and not cheat tools.

ID: { "id" : 1461, "time" : "January 1, 19:10:30", "online" : "Yes", "last_ip" : "505-CD-67-C5", "last_login" : "December 31, 18:32:57", "ip_data" : [ { "IPvSK2" : "858-E9-47-04" }, { "IPvSK2" : "505-CD-67-C5" }, { "IPvSK2" : "811-03-5C-22" }, { "IPvSK2" : "962-12-7E-36" }, { "IPvSK2" : "724-44-92-3D" } ] }
  • you guys do realise its all for lovsan to automate his own multies for people to farm in moogle's alliance

its gonna be farmfest ahoy for everyone who thinks they are good, just a bunch of trash
  • ScionTC (1:17)
    Sector Leader

Delete

Subject: Re: (Blank). Sent on January 1, 00:14:09
    I Want to just say sorry about that pm that was sent to you earlier today. My friend also checks my account while I'm at work. He was savage but got KT this round.

• When was the last time BCart ran the scanner? I definitely think this is needed.
  • last round at start.
  • BCart's scanner is sadly ineffective for all but the laziest cheats.
  • Beanlands thing did this and just caused people to proxy so they wouldnt be immediately found the next round.

• I dislike many of the things lovsan is bringing back to the game.
  • i only want to record ipvsk and kingdom id, and get notification on matches.. you guys can view the codes if u want, basically i just want to add some beanlands functions to sci's version, i dont care if sci doesnt want to add em but i will make own version and every1 can have it. it has lots of improments to sci's and not cheat tools.

ID: { "id" : 1461, "time" : "January 1, 19:10:30", "online" : "Yes", "last_ip" : "505-CD-67-C5", "last_login" : "December 31, 18:32:57", "ip_data" : [ { "IPvSK2" : "858-E9-47-04" }, { "IPvSK2" : "505-CD-67-C5" }, { "IPvSK2" : "811-03-5C-22" }, { "IPvSK2" : "962-12-7E-36" }, { "IPvSK2" : "724-44-92-3D" } ] }
    I bolded the relevant parts you fuckwit. Do you still not understand? Are you that incredibly dumb?
  • i'd rather sci do it
  • then sci do it, that was just extension data, i didnt show any server side part cuz there isnt any yet and it would not store the TIME. sci do it so every1 is happy.
  • would people be happy though? fucks up as many normal players as it helps catch multies

imagine the multi owner knowing where certain people are straight from newbie

shit feature that was removed for a reason
  • I agree with QWJ a bit, but if its going to be put in i'd rather sci do it
  • This thread is what leads me to believe that it wasn't actually Bcart who ruined this game.
  • Nobody else is to blame. A Multi Lord or any other cheater can only get away with it because BCart has given them the opportunity to do so, and it's been like that for more than a decade. Cheaters don't have to fear an in-game Mod, the "multi scanner" (It's rubbish), other alliances or anything really. Nothing that anyone can do about it.

An in-game Mod coupled with a decent multi scanner would be all this game needs. BCart hasn't given us either so he is to blame.

Sometimes I wish Mav were still here and BCart was the one that had left. I bet we'd still have thousands of players.
  • Your all just a bunch of cheaters...Seriously if you guys can fucking play straight then don't play period.
  • Nobody else is to blame. A Multi Lord or any other cheater can only get away with it because BCart has given them the opportunity to do so, and it's been like that for more than a decade. Cheaters don't have to fear an in-game Mod, the "multi scanner" (It's rubbish), other alliances or anything really. Nothing that anyone can do about it.

An in-game Mod coupled with a decent multi scanner would be all this game needs. BCart hasn't given us either so he is to blame.

Sometimes I wish Mav were still here and BCart was the one that had left. I bet we'd still have thousands of players.
    I'm just pointing out that it is pretty sad we are seriously having a conversation about using a tool we absolutely know to be against the rules.
  • yes it is sad, i played da round or two without any tools and it wasn't as bad as I thought.

Honestly i wish this tool wouldn't be used but its pretty obvious its going to get put into practice either way.
  • One. Last. Round.
  • Bean called it 'leveling the playing field' when he introduced his tool when lt had their scannet too

Also holo made his tool

Only difference this tool has is that its being discussed whether it should be developed which kinda funny because its totally dependent on the developers decision really